Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lap band due 22nd September

I'm just a bit nervous and at the same time excited for this big change. Atm I'm struggling with my liver shrinking diet. Any tips pls? Anyone who had their op here in the UK at Musgrove Park Hospital ? That's where I'm having mine done .Thanks ????

Edited by Swanie74

Hi there, congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Pre-op was no fun. I hung in there with thoughts that fir the first time ever I would not see the weight come back on again. I love my band. Getting the appetite monster off of my back changed more than my waistline (and I have one now!), it changed my life. Good luck with all and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes when there are lots of new posts one can get lost. Sorry yours went so long with no answer. There's a thread called Banders #7 where you'll find LapBand peeps. We are a minority on the site and that's one place we find each other. There is such great support here.

I'm getting banded on the 28th. I'm nervous, but excited too. Also struggling with the pre-op diet. broth and Popsicles have helped. I find that I eat out of habit, not because I'm hungry. I think breaking the habit is going to be the hardest part... but I lee trying to envision the end goal, I know it's worth it!

Good luck on your surgery! I'll be looking to see how you are doing!!! ????

Thanks to you both . Let's just keep our fingers crossed for safe & succesful operation. Let's keep ourselves updated post op. Good luck ????????

You guys are going to do beautifully -- I was so nervous. 52 years old and had never been an overnight patient in a hospital before. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I'd rather go through the whole thing again than go to the dentist and I don't even have any cavities (but perhaps some dental anxiety, lol). Yes, there's discomfort healing up but it's not that bad. I have arthritis so maybe I'm used to pain. I filled my pain med prescription but did not need it. Gas pumped Into the abdominal cavity for the surgery is an issue for all and the best thing is all the walking you can do.....I started prior to surgery to walk off nerves and that was good, gave me a program to literally step right into after surgery. Impress those nurses, grab the pole and do your hallway laps. You'll be amazed.

You guys are going to do beautifully -- I was so nervous. 52 years old and had never been an overnight patient in a hospital before. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I'd rather go through the whole thing again than go to the dentist and I don't even have any cavities (but perhaps some dental anxiety, lol). Yes, there's discomfort healing up but it's not that bad. I have arthritis so maybe I'm used to pain. I filled my pain med prescription but did not need it. Gas pumped Into the abdominal cavity for the surgery is an issue for all and the best thing is all the walking you can do.....I started prior to surgery to walk off nerves and that was good, gave me a program to literally step right into after surgery. Impress those nurses, grab the pole and do your hallway laps. You'll be amazed.

All done now @Bandista. Everything went well thank god. A bit achy but tolerable. Been doing my laps too, perhaps the gas will let me know that it's still around tomorrow but so far so good.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys ????????

That's so great Swanie! Glad to hear you are doing well! Did all my pre-op appts today. Good to on the 28th!

That's so great Swanie! Glad to hear you are doing well! Did all my pre-op appts today. Good to on the 28th!

@hestherfields

Goodluck. You Will be dine.

@@Swanie74 yippee, so happy for you -- worst is over and you're on your way. Take good care of yourself and heal up quickly. Sending best wishes!

Oh, just a thought -- one thing I wasn't prepared for was Constipation. I'm inclined in that direction anyway, but even without taking pain meds this was something I had to address on day four or so. Boy did I feel better after that. Was surprised that in all the pre-surgery appointments, etc. this never was covered. I guess it has to do with the anesthesia shutting down the system. Just putting it out there!

Enjoy your popsicles.......

@@Swanie74 yippee, so happy for you -- worst is over and you're on your way. Take good care of yourself and heal up quickly. Sending best wishes!

@@Bandista

Many thanks. Slightly sore but getting there. I might need to have some laxative too to help the other end. All sorted no thank god for that.