Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Through all our bad days and good days we have to keep remembering our reason for this transformation. For a new life, another chance to get it right. A healthier you. A chance to have children.

With these thoughts they will get us through our darkest and hardest moments. Together we can encourage and relate to each other.

I can't wait until the day when we look back to say wow. All of this right now was worth every minute of it. Every hard hour, every hospital trip and doctors visit. It was all with it. We are new again.

Jewels34

I went for my 1st post-op and fainted as soon as I walked in the door. My blood pressure was 58/46, pulse 120, dehydrated and blood sugar was 57. My doctor took me off my blood pressure and diabetic medications. But I'm back in the hospital for a few days. This really sucks!

????

I'm so sorry Mzfreda. The doctors told us that we could start absorbing things differently. I know that I am. My all day pills seem to only last about half a day and others make me sick so I know its just an absorption problem. You will be out in no time and they will hopefully have your meds figured out in a day or so. It's a good thing, shows you that it's working. Walk alot in the hospital, even if its with a walker. Gets your heart pumpin and your body back on track. Hope you're home soon.

Just a quick check in this evening on me. I'm so much better than I was a few days ago. My cyst is still bothering me but the drugs help. Having pcos sucks. Lol I stepped on the scale today and am officially down 22 lbs from where I started this whole journey. So exciting. I don't really see much of a change in the mirror but my face might be a bit smaller and I know my stomach looks less bloated than it has in a long time. I know I'm not supposed to look at the scale tell I go see the Dr again but damn if I can go a day without looking. I feel so defeated when it doesn't go down. It's so hard not to feel like a failure when everything is ridding on this. Oh well. TV is driving me nuts. One more commercial about food and I might cry. I never noticed how many food commercials there really are. I'd love to hear from everyone about their days!

Congrats on your progress Jewels! I know with PCOS it may be even more difficult so your numbers sound great! I can't stay off off the scale either. I am down 30# from the start and haven't seen numbers like this on the scale in so long, it's addictive. I'm scared to make goals since I don't know what to expect but I think my first will be 200# or under by 1 month post op. I have 10# to go. Guess it will be easy if I can't get past clear liquids!

Hopefully I'll make progress on the intake front this weekend. So glad to hear you are feeling better. How scary.

Through all our bad days and good days we have to keep remembering our reason for this transformation. For a new life, another chance to get it right. A healthier you. A chance to have children.

With these thoughts they will get us through our darkest and hardest moments. Together we can encourage and relate to each other.

I can't wait until the day when we look back to say wow. All of this right now was worth every minute of it. Every hard hour, every hospital trip and doctors visit. It was all with it. We are new again.

Casper what great words of encouragement! I look forward to hearing from you and Jewels every time I log in. It really is great to hear others are having struggles even if they are different than my own. Gives me hope that I can do this.

Ok so just a quick question today. I wake up every morning with the worst taste in my mouth and horrible breath. Does any one else have this problem? It's just awful. I can brush my teeth a billion times and this still happens. What do you do? It's so gross.

Ketosis is my guess. Bad breath, body odor and strong urine for a few weeks due to so much Protein. It's a good thing, means your body is burning fat!

On the acid note, I have been having acid reflux for the last 3 days, and I too am taking meds for it. I even doubled it today since this was my preop dose. Hoping this is temporary. Need to call my doc tomorrow.

That's the only thing I could think it would be. The acid could put off a foul smell. ???? Sorry you're experiencing this.

It sucks. I'm so sick of it. I'm wondering if it is the Protein. I haven't had a problem with the acid reflux at all, luckily. I am wondering if it's my pills not getting into my stomach before I lay down to sleep or if they are coming back up because I'm not giving them enough time to fully break down in my new stomach. I'll have ask the doctor on Thursday when I go in for my first follow up and diet training. Can't wait tell then, I get to move up to soft foods. So excited.

I also had horible breath this morning that continued after I brushed my teeth. As much as I am not digging the symptoms, I welcome ketosis means I am getting rid of fat!! YAY!

I did get to eat a little, cottage cheese and rfried Beans were my first trys yesterday. Went wek\ll, I did have some strange feelings in my chest, I am going to try and take less today and see how that goes.

Victories for the day, I fit into my scrub tops today-I am a nurse and have been wearing acrub pants and plain tshirts because they are stretchy and scrub tops are not. Who knew l could get excited about a uniform? I also now weigh 2 pounds less than my husband! Which is good for several reasons, I have always felt bad when he can lose weight and I can't, I also always felt I should weight less than him and he is half a foot taller than me so of course I should weigh less!

I am on my way to my first goal of being in Onderland by my one month post op date. 8 pounds to go!