Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jewels34, oh no I'm so sorry. Try to rest it will help heal you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I got to go home today. Not feeling good but better than yesterday. Pain is minimal which is good because the liquid pain meds are horrible. I'd rather have pain. I have to take carafate 4 times daily for 1 months to help my suture line heal. In the hospital it was a disgusting liquid. At home it is a huge pill. I cut it up into about 8 pieces and tried to take them "normally". One got stuck and it made me wretch. It was so painful! I'm really having a hard time with crushing pills. They are so nasty and with such little sips I can't get the taste out of my mouth.

Jewels so sorry to hear that. Let us know how it goes.

Jennolsen at least at home you get real rest. I'm sorry your having trouble with the meds. I'm having trouble with just drinking the Water and Protein. I didn't get nearly as much as I was supposed to get. Little by little.

Oh Jenn that sounds awful. I hope you heal fast and don't get sick again. Today is the beginning of day 4 at the hospital but I'm doing great. Pain is under control. The leak was nothing and I'm finally going to get to do something more than Water. Who knew you could get so excited about Protein Shakes.

Jewels

Glad to hear the leak was not a problem. Maybe you'll go home soon? I haven't had that problem again. I have been crushing meds which is also disgusting but at least they go down.

A TMI question but I don't anyone else to ask. Are either of you experiencing menstrual bleeding. I also have PCOS so I'm not sure if this is caused by the surgery it self or not.

I haven't been able to take in all the Protein or Water. One shake is 30 grams Protein but 20 oz of liquid. What do you have planned for protein intake ? I ordered injury protein Soup but it won't arrive until next week.

I have not had any menstrual bleeding but I did read in a thread that many people do have it close to surgery no matter when they had it before.

My surgeon only allows Clear liquids for the first week. So broth and sugar free Jello for me. I have Fluid recommendations of 32 oz daily for the first week and working up to 64. I am getting 32 but not a bit more yet.

Next week I start Protein. I have Atkins dark chocolate shakes, Premier Protein vanilla, several flavors of Isopure clear drinks and some Isopure unflavored I figured I could add to broth. I can also have Greek yogurt without fruit when I start the next phase. Not until I see my doctor on Wednesday though.

How much are you getting in? Are you close to your doctors recommendations

I'm getting in 24 ounces of Water and I'm also on Clear Liquids. But he advised me to get in the Protein also. My friend gave me unjury chicken Soup it meets both criteria. But still only 30 grams of Protein.

Thanks for the info about other posts. Makes me feel better.

How are you dealing?

I'm doing ok. Feeling better every day. My mom and I went and walked around target today and that felt pretty good. I'm not hungry but the idea of food sounds real good today. 5 more days of clears though. I may try the Isopure clear drinks soon. There are lots of flavors. I got them on Amazon. But I think I heard GNC has them too. Keep working at it. I feel like fluids went in a lot easier today than yesterday. Gas is moving easier too.

Casper, jewels how's it going?

Well its been a ruff couple of days. I've had highs and low lows, but I'm doing ok right now. The pain is alot better today I just feel really weak which I haven't felt like this tell now. I'm a little worried I'm not getting enough nutrients in. I just keep reminding myself that this will be a distant memory in a few weeks and a couple of months I won't even think about at all.

Just read your posts. My doctor wants us to have Protein Shakes 4 times a day and the rest Water or Protein water. I'm doing OK with all the water but the shakes are hard. This we do for two weeks then we go in for a checkup and get to move into the soft food phase. We will get a class with the nutritionist on Oct 1.