Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

I told my twin sister I was having surgery and her reply was "you can lose it without surgery" my comment to her was "if I could, I would have done it already." She has always been thinner than me and the one time I was thinner than her,she lost more weight,which she didn't have to lose. I'm 5 weeks post op and down 17. I want it to be more and I know it will happen in my own time. My 24 yr old son said to me the other day "looking good mom." That made my day. I still haven't eaten much in the last 2 days nor have I gotten in my Fluid or Protein. I can feel it in my middle to lower back. I will and need to have a Protein Shake tonight to help with protein. I went to Perkins for lunch and ordered a ham and cheese omelet with egg beaters and wheat toast. I took two bites of toast and about 5 bites of the omelet and I was done. I couldn't eat any more,as it hurt too much. I was even taking tiny bites and waiting between bites. I wait so long my food gets cold. Ok, now I'm rambling and I apologize for that.

I told my twin sister I was having surgery and her reply was "you can lose it without surgery" my comment to her was "if I could, I would have done it already." She has always been thinner than me and the one time I was thinner than her,she lost more weight,which she didn't have to lose. I'm 5 weeks post op and down 17. I want it to be more and I know it will happen in my own time. My 24 yr old son said to me the other day "looking good mom." That made my day. I still haven't eaten much in the last 2 days nor have I gotten in my Fluid or Protein. I can feel it in my middle to lower back. I will and need to have a Protein shake tonight to help with protein. I went to Perkins for lunch and ordered a ham and cheese omelet with egg beaters and wheat toast. I took two bites of toast and about 5 bites of the omelet and I was done. I couldn't eat any more,as it hurt too much. I was even taking tiny bites and waiting between bites. I wait so long my food gets cold. Ok, now I'm rambling and I apologize for that.

I understand what you go thru completely. My sisters have always been competitive when it comes to looks and have always left me out because i am the fat one. Well thats going to change I've spent my life focused on academics and I'm ready to put that on the back burner for my health and a healthier me. I've always figured looks fade but my itelligence is what would set me apart. Now by no means would i call myself ugly, i believe everyone is attractive in their own way. But now with hard work and dedication my outside will match my inside!

Good luck on your journey.

I love when my daughter tells me mom you look pretty, it makes you feel great and I'm glad your son does that for you too.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Other than my hubby, no one knows I've had the surgery. I'm almost 6 weeks out and down about 40 lbs. I've been in stall for almost 3 weeks actually so most of that weight was early on.

Anyway, I've had the opposite reaction. No one (friend or family) has said anything! No one! I'm thinking, 'Is it possible to lose 40 lbs and it not be noticeable?!' Lol I think I'll hug the first person who says, 'Hey,have you lost weight?' :)

Other than my hubby, no one knows I've had the surgery. I'm almost 6 weeks out and down about 40 lbs. I've been in stall for almost 3 weeks actually so most of that weight was early on.

Anyway, I've had the opposite reaction. No one (friend or family) has said anything! No one! I'm thinking, 'Is it possible to lose 40 lbs and it not be noticeable?!' Lol I think I'll hug the first person who says, 'Hey,have you lost weight?' :)

I feel the same way from beginning to now I've lost 76lbs and no ones noticed lol. I'm just like how much do you have to lose for people to notice!

@@anewme2015 and @@s0rda some people are so afraid of hurting peoples feelings that they won't say anything. It is like me way back when I asked someone if they were pregnant and they weren't. I no longer ask that question.

I wish I had some sage advise about looking at the scale, your measurements, how your clothes are fitting, have you gone down in size but I understand hearing "Have you lost weight" from someone is a validation from someone else of your progress.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! !! I have not been able to access this site. Every time I log in it says invalid certificate. So weird. Finally let me in! About to go watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...so excited. It's my favorite part of the day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a beautiful holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I lost a lot in my face, so even before surgery folks were noticing I was losing weight. My healthcare has my picture on my file and my PCP told me I look like a totally different person! She made me get my picture retaken.

Anyway, have a non scale to share. My knees have bones! In fact they have gotten so bony that I accidentally knocked them together when turning over in bed last night and it hurt lol

Anyway, enjoy your day!!

Hope everyone is have a beautiful Sunday. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving aside from throwing up lol

Seems I don't tolerate turkey make the traditional way but was fine eating turkey prepared El Salvidorian style which is turkey in a savory red sauce. It's supposed to be served on a hot fresh bolillo (roll) but of course I left that out.

Well just thought I'd share a before and after picture.

The left picture is from today and the right is a picture from June 2015 and I was at my highest weight. I decided to look back and see if I could see a difference. I can for once see a difference and that made me so happy today!post-264288-14488393864686_thumb.png

@@s0rda You can tell a difference, although I think you are very pretty in both pictures!!! You go girl!!!

@@s0rda You can tell a difference, although I think you are very pretty in both pictures!!! You go girl!!!

Aww thank you very much.

The left picture is from today and the right is a picture from June 2015 and I was at my highest weight. I decided to look back and see if I could see a difference. I can for once see a difference and that made me so happy today!attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-11-29-15-11-38-1.png

You're gorgeous in both pics and there is definitely a difference! Congrats!

The left picture is from today and the right is a picture from June 2015 and I was at my highest weight. I decided to look back and see if I could see a difference. I can for once see a difference and that made me so happy today!attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-11-29-15-11-38-1.png

You're gorgeous in both pics and there is definitely a difference! Congrats!
Aww thank you very much @@anewme2015

So I had my one month post-op appointment (even though I'm not quite a full month yet) and I was a bit disheartened.

The staff says absolutely no exercise for 9 weeks (other than walking- which is not something I enjoy due to foot issues) and after that light Water aerobics can be added. They don't suggest aerobics or hitting the gym until 6 months! Doesn't this seem really long? I want to maximize the 6 month 'honeymoon' period and exercise has always been a big part of me successfully losing weight.

It seems a lot of bariatric people exercise much earlier. Is anyone from the October group exercising yet? When have you been told you can start?

Hi all, I'm in the other forum of October surgeries just found this one.! I had my surgery on October 14th. At my one week post op they cleared me for light aerobics. Then on my November 9th apt they cleared me for full exercise. The only limitation was to start with 5-10 lb weights and after a month I could increase weights. I totally understand what you mean by wanting to maximize our "honeymoon phase"