Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Anyone has some good good ideas for the soft food stage? I'm so sick of eating the same foods...

@@dede0314 Have you tried the Ricotta Bake?

8oz of Ricotta cheese (lowfat)

1/2 c grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 tsp Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 c Marinara Sauce (I used Prego Heart Smart Traditional)

1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (fat-free)

extra Mozzarella for top

Mix ricotta cheese , parmesan, beaten egg, mozzarella, seasonings together & place in a oven proof dish. Pour Marinara on top & top with extra Mozzarella (1/4c). Bake at 450 for 20-25min. Heat leftovers in microwave.

@@dede0314 have you tried:

Chili

Egg salad

chicken (canned) salad (just add lite mayo and chop up a hard boiled egg)

vegetable Soup drained and without corn

Today is a bad day for me. I'm craving anything and everything which is making me crabby. I am wishing I never did this surgery. I ate supper too fast and am now paying for it. Holidays are coming and I can only think of what I can't have. I did by country time light bc I hate Water now than ever before. Anyone else struggling like I am or have struggled?

Hi aunt Marilyn. February what is your surgery? This is a good grp.@@Mdale

Edited by kvoneye

Today is a bad day for me. I'm craving anything and everything which is making me crabby. I am wishing I never did this surgery. I ate supper too fast and am now paying for it. Holidays are coming and I can only think of what I can't have. I did by country time light bc I hate Water now than ever before. Anyone else struggling like I am or have struggled?

I struggle with water I can't stand it. I drink more Vitamin water or protein20. Awater for me is last resort lol. I'm allowed any foods now but still scared to venture out and do it

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Hi. I'm super late to the party it seems. I had my sleeve done on Oct 16. In the first 2 weeks, I lost 18 lbs and have been stuck ever since. (yes, following all rules, getting 60-80 grams of Protein a day, 48-64 ounces of Fluid, 800 cals on a bad day, tracking and writing everything to be sure) I am so frustrated. A 2+ week stall weeks 2-4 so far... Yes, I have read that this is common but it surely doesn't make it any easier. I have become obsessed with my weight and losing and stalling, etc... I started on the lower end of the sleeve BMI spectrum and am concerned that I will be in the 15% who this just doesn't work for and now I'm stuck with it along with a destroyed metabolism. Hoping some of you can commiserate and hoping I am very wrong. Thanks for listening.

@@ELF36 This should make you feel better, I had my RNY on oct. 8th. At my 2 week check up I had lost 5 lbs since surgery. My doctor was fine with it. I decided then that I would stay away from my scale until my 6 week check up which is this coming Thurs. I can still fit in my cloths but they are looser. I'am scared I haven't lost much but will see. I'm hoping for an average of 2.5 lbs a week. At 6 weeks that would be 15 lbs. that is what I'm hoping for! I think it all levels out, some loose right away, some later, & some like me hopefully a slow consistent loss! Best of luck to you, we are all here!!!!

@@Mdale Welcome to the group! your niece is right this is a great group!! We are here for the ups & down's! Can't wait to hear how your surgery goes!

@@kvoneye I have been having to cook for a going away party, & will be cooking a couple of meals for a friend who had triple by pass surgery. I'm making everything I love but can't eat, craving some! My Mom was asking me what we are fixing for thanksgiving, I told her turkey & more turkey! I'm craving pumpkin pie, so I found a recipe on here for one you make crustless with the vanilla premier shake! I'm going to try that so I can feel like its Thanksgiving!!!

Sending you some hugs & hopefully today will be better!!!

I was able to walk yesterday farther than I have before, 40 min. yea!!!! I try to walk everyday which I hope will help in the loosing process!

@@395Ron was that the chili recipe you were looking for?

Edited by 60&goin4it

I feel you for sure. I have days I feel so hungry and I think this just didn't take! Sometimes panic sets in when the stalls last more than a few days or I feel like I've failed my water and Protein intake.

I find it helpful to search the before & after pictures on this site. I see how this will work and how everyone has experienced stalls at some point, particularly in the early months when the body transitions from liquid to soft to regular foods, and yet there they are down a hundred plus pounds!

I also am not liking water- something I've always loved. I'm sure we'll enjoy it again. Our new little tummies just need time.

You're not alone in your feelings. And have faith they will pass and as the weight drops you will marvel at how amazing you look and feel. This will work for us because we are putting in the work! Xo

@@dede0314 have you tried:

Chili

Egg salad

chicken (canned) salad (just add lite mayo and chop up a hard boiled egg)

vegetable Soup drained and without corn

I've been living off of chili and canned tuna lol...i will try the egg salad soon... Thanks

@@dede0314 Have you tried the Ricotta Bake?

8oz of Ricotta cheese (lowfat)

1/2 c grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 tsp Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 c Marinara Sauce (I used Prego Heart Smart Traditional)

1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (fat-free)

extra Mozzarella for top

Mix ricotta cheese , parmesan, beaten egg, mozzarella, seasonings together & place in a oven proof dish. Pour Marinara on top & top with extra Mozzarella (1/4c). Bake at 450 for 20-25min. Heat leftovers in microwave.

Trying this today. Just went shopping for the ingredients. Thanks!

My scale went up... But not freakin yet, I am in week 3. Dealing with a bit of constipation.... I try not to let the negative thoughts get me....I try hard it is tough I think too because I don't feel restriction.