Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

I still haven't gotten sick or anything. Sugar doesn't bother me. .neither does alcohol sugar. Will be careful though still avoiding sugary foods so it doesn't effect my weight loss.

I was approved for Insure Nutrition shakes through insurance. .then found out they scam insurance companies by charging $5000 a month for Protein Shakes and supplements. Before my order was processed I called them to cancel it. They said ok it's canceled. .then the next day I checked my insurance and saw they processed it even though they said they canceled it. Insure Nutrition is a scam.

I wantedto get them thru my insurance too....the next day insure called said my insurance said no.....thrn my insurance called me and said there a fraud

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Sunday is my weigh-in day:

403 High weight in July 2015

356 Surgery weight 6 Oct

313 Current weight

-37 Before surgery

-43 Since surgery

Wow @@395Ron - That. Is. Fabulous!

post-157119-14476569722147_thumb.jpg

Found this picture inspirational and good at representing our journey. Although I don't enough hope to be this buff????

I don't even know who I'm going to find under all this weight. Just have to have faith.

@@60&goin4it I feel like I have a long way to go on the energy level. I do seem to get a little more energy every day.

Yesterday I started getting light headed when I stood up. It is really weird. When I stand up I am fine but within about 20 seconds I get light headed. It lasts about a minute then goes away and I am fine.

My dad is going to the grocery store today to get the ingredients for chili, vegetable Soup, and the ricotta bake. I already have the ingredient for egg salad. I think my freezer will be well stocked very soon.

Do any of you like spicy food? What do you use to spice your stuff up? What do you use to add heat? What about this Sriracha (sp?) sauce I have been hearing about?

@ Good luck today! Let us know how it went.

@@s0rda and @@jjod thank you! I now understand. I am taking 500 three times a day. I have chocolate, orange, and caramel. I love the orange and the caramel. Has anyone tried the peppermint? Oh never mind it looks like that is the B12 instead. I take the chewable berry flavored essential multi, chewable passion fruit, and the B12. I also take the B-50 Complex but it comes in capsule form. My doc and NUT said with the gastric bypass we don't absorb the capsules correctly so I would need to break it open. I tried that ONE time and one time only. B was that nasty. I have found a way to take it though. I open it up and put it in my Bariatric Advantage Protein Shake. I can't taste it at all.

@@scubav85 thanks for the information!

Anyone have any go to quick meals?

Today I made a chicken Soup with carrots and zucchini. Didnt take long because I only made enough for 2 servings.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

@@60&goin4it I feel like I have a long way to go on the energy level. I do seem to get a little more energy every day.

Yesterday I started getting light headed when I stood up. It is really weird. When I stand up I am fine but within about 20 seconds I get light headed. It lasts about a minute then goes away and I am fine.

My dad is going to the grocery store today to get the ingredients for chili, vegetable Soup, and the ricotta bake. I already have the ingredient for egg salad. I think my freezer will be well stocked very soon.

Do any of you like spicy food? What do you use to spice your stuff up? What do you use to add heat? What about this Sriracha (sp?) sauce I have been hearing about?

@ Good luck today! Let us know how it went.

@@s0rda and @@jjod thank you! I now understand. I am taking 500 three times a day. I have chocolate, orange, and caramel. I love the orange and the caramel. Has anyone tried the peppermint? Oh never mind it looks like that is the B12 instead. I take the chewable Berry flavored essential multi, chewable passion fruit, and the B12. I also take the B-50 Complex but it comes in capsule form. My doc and NUT said with the gastric bypass we don't absorb the capsules correctly so I would need to break it open. I tried that ONE time and one time only. B was that nasty. I have found a way to take it though. I open it up and put it in my Bariatric Advantage Protein Shake. I can't taste it at all.

@@scubav85 thanks for the information!

Hey Ron I love spicy I add fresh chiles when I can for example today I added an anaheim chile to my chicken soup which gave it a nice flavor, downside the skin on the outside is tough even after boiling I just scrape the inside out.

For store bought chile I buy herdez green chile, really nice flavor or tapatio I'm not a fan of Sriracha. If I have time I make my own chiles using dry or fresh chiles it just depends on what kind I want.

Edited by s0rda

Went from wearing 5x shirts to 2x. Heading to the lab this morning to get blood drawn for blood thinner levels and Vitamin levels for bariatric surgeon to see when I go back. PT coming today will be interesting to see what they work on. Will probably take a nap after that lol.

Anyone have a day where they just feel hungry. I don't want to overeat.

Today's menu

Breakfast Protein coffee (premade vanilla Premier Protein with instant coffee)

Turkey slice, mozzarella (babybel), and a baby carrot

1 egg and 1/8 c. of chili Beans

2oz of pears in pear juice

Thought of us when I saw this sign today:post-157119-14478966704312_thumb.jpg

Today's menu

I had a day like that. I just ate if I was hungry. I tried to make everything as much Protein as possible.

Today's menu

I had a day like that. I just ate if I was hungry. I tried to make everything as much Protein as possible.
Thats what i did everything i ate had protein and a decent amount

So I just wanted to share my NSV this week. I am a student and being 400lbs (highest weight) you don't fit in the desks. Wednesday night we had to move around and sit in groups, this worried me because I have special seating but for the first time I actually tried to sit in the desk and I fit. I was so happy and it felt really good because I don't see the weight loss but this was a confirmation that I'm doing something right.

I really hope everyone has had a wonderful week and will have an even better weekend!

Edited by s0rda

Hi. I'm super late to the party it seems. I had my sleeve done on Oct 16. In the first 2 weeks, I lost 18 lbs and have been stuck ever since. (yes, following all rules, getting 60-80 grams of Protein a day, 48-64 ounces of Fluid, 800 cals on a bad day, tracking and writing everything to be sure) I am so frustrated. A 2+ week stall weeks 2-4 so far... Yes, I have read that this is common but it surely doesn't make it any easier. I have become obsessed with my weight and losing and stalling, etc... I started on the lower end of the sleeve BMI spectrum and am concerned that I will be in the 15% who this just doesn't work for and now I'm stuck with it along with a destroyed metabolism. Hoping some of you can commiserate and hoping I am very wrong. Thanks for listening.

Hi @ELF36. I'm in the same boat. I had my RNY on 10/12. I lost 19 lbs in 2 weeks and 1 lb on the 3rd week. I haven't lost a lbs in almost 3 weeks.

But this will work! I posted my frustration a few days ago. I received some very helpful and supportive feedback. I was told to embrace the stall and stay off the scale if dictates how I'm going to feel. At least you're getting your Protein and fluids in. My surgeon's practice is to not have a protein minimum or maximum just yet. I don't even have a caloric intake amount I should be consuming. I had to stop drinking Protein shakes in week 3. I do have to have a minimum of 64 oz. Of fluids. I do need to follow what's on my meal plan. However it doesn't take the frustration away.

Embrace the stall. Continue to do what you're doing and it the weight will come off. From our reading and research these stall will be apart of our journey.