Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 31st Sleevers?

I'm good! I hit a stall a few weeks ago because I wasn't getting enough calories, but things are better now. I'm eating more often, but avoiding the scale. How are you doing?

I'm glad to hear that you're doing great! Sorry to hear about the stall, but apparently it's just part of the process for us. I think that I'm just starting my first stall....it's kind of a bummer even though it's normal. Also, my cycle is a mess which has never been the case except for when I was pregnant. Again, just one of those things. All in all, I'm great! How is your nutrition going?

My nutrition is pretty good. I'm up to about 850 cal a day and around 70 g Protein. I'm learning to eat more often. I really think my stall happened because I went into starvation mode, which surprised me, but I was only eating about 350 cal a day at the time. I'm 53, so my cycle is a thing of the past! I hope your first stall ends quickly!

My nutrition is pretty good. I'm up to about 850 cal a day and around 70 g Protein. I'm learning to eat more often. I really think my stall happened because I went into starvation mode, which surprised me, but I was only eating about 350 cal a day at the time. I'm 53, so my cycle is a thing of the past! I hope your first stall ends quickly!

any words of wisdom on how to increase calories? I'm around 475 a day and at my 2 week post op appt they said that I should try to be around 800 by my 6 week appt. Try as I might, I cannot seem to increase. Please share your secret!

any words of wisdom on how to increase calories? I'm around 475 a day and at my 2 week post op appt they said that I should try to be around 800 by my 6 week appt. Try as I might, I cannot seem to increase. Please share your secret!

You can increase your calories by eating more often. Are you reaching your daily Protein goal? If not, then reaching it will help you to increase your calories.

I add Peanut Butter to oatmeal for a little extra Protein and extra calories. Also, I put low fat cheddar with my scrambled egg. I just eat little bits, but often. I think I stalled because I wasn't getting enough food, plus I would just crash and get really tired. Also I eat Greek yogurt a lot.

I do reach my Protein goal, but I do have to do that with shake supplementation. When I met with my NUT last week, we kind of agreed that I'm not able to consume very much volume. dinner time is especially difficult, so I try to have my largest volume at lunch. Can you also share some advice eating over 30 minutes? I had read where someone said to take 3 bites, wait 5 minutes, then repeat. I tried that last night and ended up miserable and walked it off. I chew the best I can, but braces make that part a challenge. By no means am I whining, I love my tool! I have never had the "buyer's remorse " feeling at all. I'm thrilled for this journey and to see what it brings. It's just a new tool that I have to learn the in's and out's of.

I'm close, Aug 19th. 6 weeks out. I'm in reg diet but still limited on my workouts. Still sore at surgery area too.

I used the little cups they gave me, until I reached stage 4 -reg diet. The Protein is the most important. But for food I liked mushy things like can salad. Turkey salads, puréed in the cups and that was great. Cheese!!!! Fish baked, tuna out of the can with celery salt, Greek yogurts, all have High protein, low low sugars and low carbs.

Edited by QueenLaamiri

I'm an 8/31 gal - I am doing fine, increased my calories last week from around 800, attempting to hit 1200 but I usually only make it to 1100. I eat Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, cashews, pulled pork, chicken salad, fish, deli lunch meat, cottage cheese, some Protein bars... as long as I don't eat too fast, things are going down pretty well. Struggling on Water but making a valiant effort. It's going to be a while before this feels "normal".

I was sleeved 9/2 and there's no way I could take in over 1000 calories. Heck, I can't even take in 800. I'm having a Premier Protein 30 g Protein for Breakfast, string cheese snack, usually some type of Beans with some cottage cheese for lunch, nectar Syntrax for snack 22 g protein and for dinner...if I'm feeling ok, then some chicken breast...if Miss. Tammy is NOT feeling good, then another premier protein!! I change things up every day but ALWAYS 64 oz of water/powerade zero AND 60-70g protein. food isn't even on mind. I'm not hungry AT ALL. I have to remind myself EVERY DAY to eat something. I love it! At the same time...I dont! I need nutrition!!

An easy way to get your Protein in is to use GENEPRO Protein Powder. 30gm per tbsp! Tasteless and mixes with hot or cold. I buy mine on Amazon.

Hello folks! I'm a little late to the party. I was sleeved on 8/31.

Lately I've been hungry all the time and uncomfortable. There's some comfort in seeing other people talk about some of the same things - I have to stick it out and let my body catch up.

Overall I'm very happy with my choice!

I agree! It does help to know that other people are going through similar things! I'm happy too. It seems to be getting easier