Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 31st Sleevers?

Hey... I got sleeved as well on August 31st... I can't seem to get my recommended 75 grams of Protein in but i get about 65 grams in. I manage about 64 oz of regular liquids in but I'm having trouble swallowing, it seems as while I'm swallowing my liquid I'm swallowing a burp and it hurts going down. I think it's because I'm either swallowing to fast or I'm sitting in bed while I'm drinking. But even if i try drinking while standing I'm still having the same problem just not as bad... Idk. I'm doing very good other than that. I took the bandages off, just left with the steri strips now. I don't use the pain meds as much and getting out of bed isn't such a hassle today. I still walk with a little hunch back due to the pain in the stitches but not as bad as yesterday... So slowly but surely I'm getting there

I was sleeved on the 31st also. Doing much better today. I got out a bit yesterday and today, require very little pain meds and agree, getting up isn't nearly the beating it was just 48 hours ago! I did manage to get 33gms of Protein in today but only about 32 oz of fluids. I need to work on that!

Thank you guys so much for replying! I'm able to do about 15-20 min of walking daily... I would say I get about 30-40 grams of Protein (71 is recommended) and only about 16- 20oz of Water ???? terrible I know. But it's improving! Seems like the pain starts right when I wake up so that's when I take my meds which is quite uncomfortable to take.. Then the rest of the day I'm good!

Hey girls!!!! i was also sleeved on August 31st!!!!! Im feeling good just cant eat a lot of Protein it makes me gag!!!! :( but other than that everything is great!!! Email me :)

Hello Mafe- each day I seem to get more in. I'm getting between 25-35g in. Also with the versatility, I'm getting 40oz of liquids. Congrats to my fellow 8/31 sleevers!!!

I'm 8/31 too, and I am doing just fine. In fact, I was able to drink decent size sips by Friday morning and maybe I got overconfident and drank too much chicken broth too fast last night because I didn't feel so hot. A gas-x strip helped and today I've been taking it more slowly, but I am getting down my Protein drinks with no trouble. I'm probably getting in around 60 oz of liquids so almost there. Sounds like we are all doing relatively well - I'm getting around much better today than a few days ago, and I'm sure we'll all be making steady progress next week. Go us!

Hey is anybody interested in unjury chicken noodle Soup flavored Protein powder... I bought two containers before going into surgery and now after surgery the smell just makes me gag... I really enjoyed it before surgery but i can't even stomach the smell of if... If anybody is interested please let me know and I will ship it to you at no cost... Just send me your information.

It's 20 grams of Protein per serving. Mix with 8 oz of Water. Each container has 17 servings. I have a full container and a half full container left and I don't wanna toss it.

I was sleeved on the 31st too! Im not in much pain at all compared to mon-thurs pain. Im starting to drink more liquids, I'm up to 40 0z a day (not enough but trying) and I'm not doing so hot with Protein (every one I try, it tastes gross to me) Every other liquid I eat goes down fine. I haven't vomited from anything yet. My only issue is that I have gurgling and gas bubbles all day! Other than that, I feel pretty good! :) Anybody have any tips so far about the gas bubbles?!

Edited by leighannnn1791

Gas X thin strips are the best!!!!!

Dear Litzy..would like to try the soup..please send to Joseph Simmons 10419 Connerly Rd Dade City Fl 33525 Thanks

@ gigidile thank you but i Just didn't want to toss it out. Rather it go to someone who would enjoy it.

@xlawman... I'm so sorry, someone else already claimed it and it has been shipped

Hi! I was sleeved on 8/31, too. I'm feeling good, not much pain but I am just SO exhausted. I'm getting about 50 grams of Protein a day plus all of my fluids. I have no issues drinking - can swallow almost as well as pre surgery.

I came home on puréeds but mostly just eat Soup and Greek yogurt. I feel hungry 5-6 times a day and eat accordingly but haven't taken more than 2-3 tiny bits of anything. Still defending on Protein drinks for energy.

I'm down 15.3 lbs since surgery morning. I tried my long-too-small wedding rings on today and they slid right on!! My first NSV :)