Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swimsuit Shock

I am 5 months post op and have lost 67 lbs so far. I've been wearing clothes that are 3 or 4 sizes smaller than I started out in. All this has given me so much self-confidence and I feel SO much better than I have in years! So...what's my problem? I just tried on swimsuits for my first Water aerobics class tomorrow, and I got super depressed! Even though I'm looking so much better in my clothes, those bare legs are just a nightmare! My thighs were huge before I started losing weight. Now they are totally like wrinkled jello!!! I'm 56 and probably will never have excess skin removed. Please, someone, say something to help me deal with this reality, so I will have the courage to go to that class tomorrow!

Hey zoey. Okay, I'm 22, I have so much sagging skin and I still take my shirt off on the beach. I was so shy before but me being thinner than before kills any shame. I couldn't even swim with my shirt on before. Who cares if I have extra skin. It's just skin. And honestly, coming from a 22 year old guy, when I go swimming , I don't notice other girls shape or form. No one cares about how other people look like. You will be fine. You have to start feeling confident. Have fun with ur thinner you. We didn't lose all that weight to still be shy hehe. Trust me , you will be okay.

post this in the "ladies room" and you will get much more candid answers.

I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but just being blunt -- my legs sound like yours, or possibly mine are worse. I joke that my thighs look like an elephant mated with a melted candle and had a leg baby. Anyway, I don't feel terribly comfortable showing them in public. So I wear swim shorts that come to my knees, or swim capris. No, I am never going to be strutting around in a bikini. But I feel great in the swim clothes I do wear and just move on.

LOL! Sorry, but I recognize your feelings.

At my pool, I only have to show my legs while walking from the dressing room to the pool steps. Thereafter, my legs are flapping underwater where no one can see them. Just imagine how delightful that would be -- doing Water aerobics on land!

That'll make you be grateful, huh?

My body was not pretty with my skin filled with fat either. I don't let it worry me because I'm successful on this journey and it has saved my life. Best of Luck

I think it's a special club. Saggy Thighs Club. Welcome!!

I am part of the Saggy Thigh Club as well!

Half the women in your class will be saggy..trust me...even if they never had WLS. Just enjoy the Water, smile at others. If anyone says, "Oh dear, your legs are so flabby. We don't want your kind here," just punch him/her in the schnoz and keep on doing those high kicks. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?you'll be fine!

Half the women in your class will be saggy..trust me...even if they never had WLS. Just enjoy the Water, smile at others. If anyone says, "Oh dear, your legs are so flabby. We don't want your kind here," just punch him/her in the schnoz and keep on doing those high kicks. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?you'll be fine!

Amen sista!!

Yep. I'm also in the saggy thigh club.I did have a TT & panni, but the thighs and arms are my self-conscious areas now.

In the first year or so post op I felt like you, kind of depressed because I felt like I had lost so much weight and worked so hard and still couldn't wear shorts because of how my legs looked. This year, I reached and maintained my goal weight and by the summer was just kind of like you know what....screw it!!! This body has done amazing things. So I have a little bit of saggy inner thighs. Big deal! I still feel amazing, I'm in the best shape of my life, and 98% of the other people around me have saggy thighs or stretch marks or something. I've also been in therapy for over a year too, so that helped as well. Here's a blog post I wrote after I came to this "epiphany of sorts" if you're interested. :-)

http://themeiamnow.blogspot.com/2015/08/this-is-my-body.html