Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First dumping

Not sure what it was that caused it thinking the 3 ritz crackers with my tuna ..But its also my fist day of veggies had some peas with my tlapia .. I felt bad after lunch but just now got sick .. Any ideas?

Sure it was dumping? It doesn't seem there was too much sugar there.

Are you sure you just didn't overdo on portion size? I know it only takes one spoonful too much for me to get very sick feeling.

I stay away from any sugar, so I don't believe I have ever had a dumping issue thus far.

But I have taken one bite too much, but it was horrible, the pain for like an hour to two afterwards.

Sure it was dumping? It doesn't seem there was too much sugar there.

I don't think sugar is the only thing that can make us dump - I had a bite of regular old mashed potato (no added anything) and that made me dump... Yes potatoes can make our sugar spike - but nothing like a swig of the old mountain dew or something...

I feel like the moral of my story is that everyone just has to learn their stomach - and take it slowly after surgery.

Yeah it sounds like volume was too much.

@ - I am like you one too bites and I am miserable. I have done that twice, and no more :/

The carbs in the crackers also turn to sugar and can make you dump. It might be too soon for them.

Thanks guys for the info I wrote it down I will not eat the crackers but the tuna portion was the same as always ..

I'm not sure how you prepare your tuna but mayo didn't agree with me initially.

I haven't had dumping (and I'm not convinced that sleevers actually ever experience it, being that it is a lapband/RNY thing), but I am 4 weeks out and any carb of any kind (starch in potatoes to a bite of a cracker) causes some kind of fever, lump in the throat, and nausea, but all passes quickly. While it lasts, it's brutal, and I'm therefore not eating carbs for another month, at which point I'll try again. I have some September weddings that I wouldn't mind looking my best for either.

tuna makes me dump. And me the idiot, thought maybe I just ate too much the first time, so a few days later I did just a little... and BAM... yup, TUNA... God was I sick. That was awful.

never had dumping with my lapband, never heard of anyone else having it either . It is not one of the common side affects of the lapband. We can get stuck, slime and have discomfort from eating too fast but I've not heard of anyone dumping. Constipation is also a common side effect with the Band. I am not sure about sleeves or bypass .

@@Sharpie I had the bypass and this happens with almost all of us

I think it's pretty clear we all have different triggers. Certain foods that don't work for us. I've found quite a few things I used to love, that are on my approved list, that I just can't eat anymore. I can eat 2 Breton whole wheat crackers or 1 melba toast, with no problems. But if that chicken isn't moist enough, forget it, it will get stuck and won't go down. I've never had dumping syndrome either, so I don't know what it really feels like. I sure don't want it though! lol

Was just going to post the same thing as Sharpie. Thanks for clarifying. Folks who are not sure what surgery to go with need to have accurate info so they can make an informed decision.