Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow..you're only a day away!

@ Does everybody get abdominal binders for bypass? I thought that was for open procedures. How long do you need to wear it?

@, it's great to hear from you! Keep up the good work!!

@ Does everybody get abdominal binders for bypass? I thought that was for open procedures. How long do you need to wear it?

I think it depends on the surgeon. She said it wasn't routine but to ask for one I want it.

Sorry the she I was referring to was my surgeon.

@@Dream4tc I am with @@choosehope on this one because the abdominal binder depends on the surgeon. My surgeon's office is definitely on board with it and I got fitted for it at my 2 week pre-op appointment.

In the hospital, the binder was way more constricting and painful than I thought it would be, so I didn't wear it a lot.

Now that I'm home, I usually put it on only when I'm laying down or sleeping because it makes me hurt more than I would without it. Basically, it's a blessing and a curse! LOL

@@GBLady41 Thank you! I'm trying! Every day gets a little better. Once the pain subsides, I think I'll do even better! Pain is really the only thing keeping me down right now. Yesterday I felt so good that I was up and walking and moving around and doing meal prep and by 6:30 my body was like - SIT DOWN. I am still learning my limits!!!

@ I so appreciate your thoroughness in giving us all the details. I'm going to be honest here, the pain you are in scares the hell out of me!????. Did they give you anything for pain? Wait, I think I remember reading you're allergic to Vicodin so they gave you Tylenol w/ codeine, right? A close friend of mine who lives just doors away had this surgery in January and she said the pain was so very tolerable, Linda, that since you had a hysterectomy and kidney stones removed, this will be a piece of cake. I'm not so sure now. Lol. I am so glad to hear you are getting better slowly day by day and your positivity is one to look up to????. Good luck with the cinnamon on the applesauce today and soon on to your Protein Shakes. I look forward to following your progress and wish you all the best. The hard part is over ????

@@Anxious2beme I have no problem sharing my particular situation with anyone, especially if it helps people be aware of the possibilities post surgery. I have read so many stories on here where people have had little to no pain and then others who are in pain like I am. Everyone is different, though, so it's really hard to gauge where your pain might be when all is said and done! I'm so so sorry that my pain is scaring you but try not to worry about it too much because you never know which hand of cards you'll get dealt.

Yes, I'm on Tylenol w/ Codeine. I am just now starting to recognize when it is working and isn't. I take it every 4 hours to stay on top of the pain rather than chase it. And although the pain is awful, it is actually tolerable at most times. I'm still able to get up and move around my apartment and do a few things here and there, and my body has no problem in telling me to sit my booty down LOL. I listen, too!!

I can tolerate the cinnamon with applesauce, no problemo!

I was only able to down 4 oz of my Protein shake though. :( It no longer tastes tolerable after surgery, so I am going to have to buy some nonfat milk powder and unflavored Protein and start getting creative!!

@@Anxious2beme I have no problem sharing my particular situation with anyone, especially if it helps people be aware of the possibilities post surgery. I have read so many stories on here where people have had little to no pain and then others who are in pain like I am. Everyone is different, though, so it's really hard to gauge where your pain might be when all is said and done! I'm so so sorry that my pain is scaring you but try not to worry about it too much because you never know which hand of cards you'll get dealt.

Yes, I'm on Tylenol w/ Codeine. I am just now starting to recognize when it is working and isn't. I take it every 4 hours to stay on top of the pain rather than chase it. And although the pain is awful, it is actually tolerable at most times. I'm still able to get up and move around my apartment and do a few things here and there, and my body has no problem in telling me to sit my booty down LOL. I listen, too!!

I can tolerate the cinnamon with applesauce, no problemo!

I was only able to down 4 oz of my Protein shake though. :( It no longer tastes tolerable after surgery, so I am going to have to buy some nonfat milk powder and unflavored Protein and start getting creative!!

I have been following your story and it has given me so much hope! Thank you! I don't know if you are on Pinterest but I just found this blog http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ and on her Pinterest board(s) is a TON of great recipes, tricks, ideas and information. Plus her blog is pretty interesting to read.

My cousin who had bypass done early last year said that these: https://www.bellplantation.com/ were great ways to add flavor, while keeping an eye on calories and protein. I ordered some from Amazon (they were pretty cheap) and am excited to try them. Glad you are doing well and hope your pain subsides soon.

@,

I'm glad you're doing well and are able to manage the pain. That's what I'm concerned about. I've learned to deal with pain and listen to my body. You are a great inspiration to many. I'm glad the cinnamon on the applesauce taking nicely! Keep doing what you're doing and keep us informed.

@@Ashlegal I am on Pinterest and I follow that blog EVERYWHERE! Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram...I absolutely love it! I have been looking into getting the bento boxes that she uses to make meals, it seems so easy!! Thank you for the PB2 suggestion, too! I've heard that from a lot of people on how to spice up Protein shakes! Have you tried the PBThins?

@@GBLady41 Thank you, I am trying! Yesterday I had a bad day. I felt completely defeated and kept saying "what the hell did I get myself into? I'm in over my head." I am having problems getting Protein in (so I bought some nonfat dry milk powder) and I'm having problems moving around, so I felt incredibly overwhelmed. Plus, I am constantly moving around my house picking up after kids or making dinner or doing household chores and I can't do any of those things right now, and I feel useless. My husband and kids are amazing and being so incredibly supportive, and I know that I'm doing what I need to do to heal, but I hate that they're taking everything on right now. I almost felt selfish for doing this to them! Yesterday was just one pity party of a day!

But you know what? Today is a new day and I am feeling better! I was able to use the bathroom this morning for the first time in a week (if you know what I mean!) and I was able to walk to the bathroom with mild discomfort! So I know that the rest and relaxation is working with recovery and it truly is getting better every single day! I just need to remind myself of that when I'm feeling defeated and I think I'll be ok :)

xoxoxoxo everyone!

@ great attitude and you know all will get better...the hardest part is over. You mentioned in another comment that you and your MD had intentions of doing the surgery laparoscopically, is that in fact what you had?

@@Anxious2beme Yes! Luckily enough for me, I didn't have to be cut open :) Now i have 5 little "Holes" in my stomach that are slowly but surely healing up! The steri-strips haven't fell off yet, but I'm curious to see what they look like underneath! lol ;)

Oh that's wonderful to hear @Nikikins. Do you know when the weight starts tendril? I mean, are you to be weighing yourself already or is it way too soon?

Starts to drop...sorry auto correct lol

@@Anxious2beme It was actually suggested by my NUT and Surgeon to not bother weighing myself until my first post-op appointment because more than likely, I've gained weight due to the amount of fluids they pumped me with in the hospital and the gas they use to inflate your stomach is still lingering, making you feel distended and bloated and they wouldn't want me to be discouraged. So, I am avoiding the scale like the plague.

I am not sure when the weight starts to drop to be perfectly honest with you. I think everyone is different in this regard. I have read that some people have lost 10-15 lbs in their first few weeks post-op and then I've read stories where more weight was lost or none at all. I really think it just depends on the person, their progress and their plan in general.

Here's to hoping I go to my first Post Op next week and have lost something more than the pre-op loss! *crosses fingers*

I am a week and one day post op. Glad I took the week off work, mornings are great, afternoons I nap. I can't look at a Protein Shake at the moment, however I do do Protein Drinks (taste like punch) but no sugar or carbs, just Protein. I am off my pain pills. I can eat 1/2 cup of Soups, eggs, oatmeal....that's pretty much my diet right now. I did take 2 bites of a chocolate cupcake and dumped it within a half hr (this was yesterday). Today I woke up with no hunger so I thought I would try coffee and Creamer and dumped within minutes. So needless to say, sweets are my enemy which is great because they were my best friend before. Pre op I weighed 271....Sept 1 was surgery and I weighed 262....a week and a day later I am 254. I am on a chewable multi Vitamin I take 2 times daily. I have my 2/week check up next Monday.