Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Radar gas will do that. Yes please walk s much as possible! And push it out. Wishing you better days ahead ????

I am checked in. Mine is the first surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning. I will keep you posted.How are you feeling Sleevemetoo15? And ANewMe9/21, how are you feeling? Radar, hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!

I am checked in. Mine is the first surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning. I will keep you posted.How are you feeling Sleevemetoo15? And ANewMe9/21, how are you feeling? Radar, hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!

I can't describe the pain in and around my chest every time I take a sip of anything. I've been doing my walking, using my incentive spirometer and taking gas-x but no love. Every once in a while I'll pass gas out of the attic or the basement and feel some relief (the basement gives more relief), but not enough.

My left hand is in a huge amount of pain on the back of the hand near the wrist. I think I twisted it and rolled over it last night.

It's getting late, so I'm going to walk a lap around the block and hope that helps jiggle loose some gas and then it's off to bed.

I can't describe the pain in and around my chest every time I take a sip of anything. I've been doing my walking, using my incentive spirometer and taking gas-x but no love. Every once in a while I'll pass gas out of the attic or the basement and feel some relief (the basement gives more relief), but not enough.

My left hand is in a huge amount of pain on the back of the hand near the wrist. I think I twisted it and rolled over it last night.

It's getting late, so I'm going to walk a lap around the block and hope that helps jiggle loose some gas and then it's off to bed.

Are they giving you anything for pain?

My surgery was yesterday. I was in a bit of pain, but dilauded is a wonderful thing. Today I have had Jello apple juice and a popsicle for Breakfast. pills are a challenge...pain twinges, then gurgling and a burp. No pain from incisions. Still some nausea. All in all, I've got this!

Take care Radar. I am waiting for them to tske me to surgical ward. Iv is in and soon away I go to start my new life! Rileysmom22, good to hear you're doing so well!:)

Wishing you all the best today BeDoHave. You are in my thoughts and prayers, everything will be fine! In doing great! Waiting for you on this side! ~♡~♡~

Thanks ANewMe9/21. I'm waiting to get called to the O.R. anytime now. I'm very excited. I'm very glad to hear you're doing great!:)

I had my surgery one week ago....no problems. Sore but tolerable. No pain meds need since Saturday. Surgery was last Thursday. The worse part was GAS and the drain tube. Whew. So far, so good.

I had a surgery of about 1 1/2 hours on Tues Sep 22. No big problems so far. I thank God that HE was there for me throughout the procedure as were many of you! Much appreciated the prayers and support.

As soon as I could get up from the surgery I was out there walking the halls, walked about every 2 hours and when i woke up at night I would walk again. So far not much gas and mainly coming out through burps right now, but I can only hope that ends up being the case!

I stayed on Zophran and Diladud most of my time in the hospital. I believe that keeping my pain at bay early on was a key to getting to feeling better sooner. I went home about 10:30 am today (Thursday) so was only in the hospital from noon on Tuesday until about 10 this morning.

The suggestion from one of the posters to bring Biotene was excellent idea! That helped me keep it together and not drink anything else before the leak test was performed.

If I try to drink more than one once of liquid at a time, I feel a lot of pressure on my chest warning me to stop putting any more liquid in.

The worse pain has been consistent with the others - in the lower left part of my abdomen. By today however, if I lean still back in a recliner or on the hospital bed I feel very little pain. Arising from that position to get up or sit up more though, really hurts.

So helpful hints learned from others:

- Drink very slowly

- Walk as much as you can

- Use Biotene spray the help from the mouth iciness that with being dehydrated.

Day 3 - feeling good, no pain. Most difficult part is trying to drink 64oz of Fluid throughout the day. In almost 12 hrs. I de only been able to consume approx. 1/2 = 32 oz. It's only 5:30pm, here but I'm not going to be up to 5:30am, to consume the rest. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow. :)

I am also on day 3 post-op and I agree with you on the difficulty of drinking and I am scared of drinking too quickly because it hurts and I dont want to stretch out my new and smaller stomach.

The pain on the incisions is gone except for the big one on my left side.

It took me an hour or so to finish an 11oz Protein Drink. I'd normally do that in one sip

How's everybody that had surgery yesterday doing???

I'm doing good. Had surgery on Monday and was released on Tuesday. Been keeping everything down fine.

How's everybody that had surgery yesterday doing???

I'm doing good. Had surgery on Monday and was released on Tuesday. Been keeping everything down fine.

I haven't vomited even once. But I do get really bad pain in my chest just below the diaphragm if I try to sip Water too quickly. I'm glad we're both hanging in there.

September 17 , excited and nervous ????

Did you stay your pre-op diet today? How is that going? :/

September 17 , excited and nervous ????

Did you start your pre-op diet today? How is that going? :/

Well I had surgery exactly a week ago, I forgot to respond. My diet was just a low carb high Protein diet and then one day of clears :) I got lucky I guess. But I'm 1 week post op.