Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept date I am all set

So today is the day! I can't believe it's finally here, it has been a long process to get here,7 months. I didn't think I would sleep at all but I slept all night. I am so ready for this but still a little nervous about the effects after surgery. I am very good with pain but not with nausea, I hope I am one of the lucky ones!

I'm so excited for you!!

@@elliesgaga

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I'm getting nervous, excited, both at the same time. Only 2 days to go!

I'm worried about getting all the Water in also. I'm not much of a water, or anykind of liquid, drinker. I'll have to set a timer I guess.
I've had a little of the "nesting" syndrome. Trying to think of all the things my hubby needs to do that I can't. Cleaning, organizing. Frantic LOL

@@saraburnett I'm on clear liquids still. Well, I do eat Jell-O and pudding occasionally. This morning I ate a little bit of yogurt but it was too think and hurt after swallowing a few bites. Cream of anything sounds very good! I have made myself egg drop Soup many times in the evening. Seems to stay with you a little longer but you really have to chew the egg well. I was surprised at how easy and how good it tasted. I just boiled some Water, added chicken bouillon. I beat the egg in a cup then added it to boiling water. Cooks in a couple of minutes. Very good. I know what you mean about being weak. I don't know if it's from not eating or from surgery. Probably a little of both.

I had my husband get me vegetable Soup broth from Frischs. It's my favorite right now. I have been eating broths and sf Popsicles. I have my dr appt Thursday and then I will be on purée foods for 3 wks. Excited clear liquids is getting old lol. The egg drop soup sounds good???? @@ExcitedNana

I am 1 week post op tomorrow. I am feeling great. Thankfully, I'm able to get in all of my fluids and Protein. However, by noon, my energy level decreases immensely. It's almost 5:00pm and I am done for the day. I've also noticed that despite a decreasing blood pressure, my heart races. Is anyone experiencing this? Am I just doing and expecting too much a week out?

The vegetable Soup with an egg in it might be good! I'm so proud of you for being able to stay on the diet as recommended. I cheated today with some chips......lesson learned....don't do it again! Well, I think I'll go next door and get my 8 year old granddaughter and see if she wants to go for a walk with me. This cooking supper is so hard on me. However, since I can't smell or taste hardly at all (I'd say I have 1-2% of sense) it helps the cravings. Unless I see it! It's been almost a year ago that I lost the ability. None of the doctor's I've seen can figure it out so I'm just accepting it for what i is. At least it's not my sight or hearing, right? LOL

I was at the doctor's office ALL DAY today. Like a full work day. I met with the nurse, the doctor, the nutritionist, had blood and x-rays taken, got the meds I will need, samples of Vitamins, etc. and I really feel like I know a lot of what is going to happen.

I was never put on a clear liquids diet. I was initially told that I can only have Protein Shakes this week, but I was pleasantly surprised today when my nutritionist said I'm good with having broth right and not just Protein shakes. She suggested if I can't make home made chicken stock or beef broth, I could go to Pollo Loco and ask them for the broth with nothing else in it. I wasted no time getting it after I came home. I just finished eating it a minute ago and it was so nice to have warm food in my belly.

I was just feeling a bit melancholy thinking about all of the foods I love so much, and how much I'm going to miss them. It hadn't really occurred to me how addicted I am to food and how much of my life revolves around food until now. The reality of what is about to happen is sinking in and while I'm slightly nervous, I'm also a little sad because I let it come to this. I am sad about these things, but I think my happiness will outweigh my sadness when I look and feel healthier.

@@Radar

I feel you. I'm realizing myself now, my relationship with food, and what I'm about to do. It's really kind of scary and wonderful all at the same time. I know that this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Having two kids was a breeze compared to this. But, I know the reward will be worth it.

My daughter brought me a small cup of apple sauce. I don't remember seeing this listed on any of the 'approved foods'. I wonder why not?

Applesauce, unsweetened is on my soft foods list.

Our grocery had HoneyCrisp apples on sale for 97 cents a lb. I bought a dozen and made my own applesauce, with a little lemon and cinnamon. I used my blender to process it to baby food consistency. Froze it up in little 2oz cups.

HoneyCrisp really is sweet enough on it's own, but my NUT said I could add a little Splenda if needed.

Yep, I'm due at the hospital at 7:30am, surgery at 9:40am, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise LOL

Don't know how I'll sleep tonight. Nervous, excited, scared, wondering what life is going to be like from tomorrow on. All of it.

Edited by toler48

Good luck to you both! Please keep us posted!:)