Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept date I am all set

Sept 21

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Me too!

I'm scheduled for September 19. If I think about it too much I start getting nervous.

I start on pureed at week 2 I believe. I start Protein Shakes day 3, along with creamed Soups.< /p>

@@dragonfly78 glad to hear about the same time frame we are on. I juust now openedd new nutribullet and what an amazing device! Several people asking me about what I was told to puree. Basically anything but was told it should be high Protein (eggs, greek yogurt, Beans, cottage cheese, lentils) The lentil stuff is from costco and yum! I was told to puree the scrambled eggs and that was terrible. I read some where else just to scramble the eggs and undercook them and that was better. Cottage cheese from Cost co is pretty runny so haven't pureed that or Greek yogurt, tomorrow will try pureed chicken and broth. Yes I have been eating pureed food since day 2 in the hospital. I've also used applesauce to get some of my meds down. I am a total worrywart but have been pleasantly surprised that it's been easier than I thought it would be. It's great not needing to eat much and having little hunger

Thank you @@pindoctor for sharing your experience and suggestions they are very helpful. I wish you continued success!

Congratulations ! @@Trish@K

Thank you ANewMe9/21 . Do I take it that your surgery is on 9/21? I laughed a bit at the poor people complaining of the liquid diet for 2 weeks post op and having to run to the bathroom every 15 min. Glad that is not me. With the pureed diet I am actually starting to have bowel movements. Small and soft but BM just the same. Are you on the 2 week liquid diet now? That really sucked the first 3 days then it was doable. My liquid diet had 2 Protein shakes plus a small meal of Protein, vegetables and grains (350 cal). I found it easier to eat the regular meal in the m iddle of the day and the second shake before bed so I wouldn't be starving all day. I was also supposed to have a small serving of cottage cheese during the day that I also took at night so I wouldn't starve all night.

@@pindoctor Yes & Yes, I'm on day 4, 1 shake, 2 clean meals. Next Monday, 3 shakes & Clear Liquids. Day before surgery NO shakes on clear liquids. Surgery on 9/21. My first day... I was hungry all day, yesterday was better and I hope it continues to get better with each day. Still with all that I'm not looking forward to next week! :/

Hey September Sleevers, just wanted to update you guys. Tomorrow makes one week post op. I'm gonna ease my way into full liquids, starting with some Soup for dinner. TMI, but still haven't had a bowel movement, not sure if this is normal or not considering I've only been consuming liquids, but I've been drinking Water like crazy! I would imagine well over 64oz of Water alone plus my Protein. It's been hot in LA, so I've been drinking tons of water. My urine is almost clear so I'm nowhere near dehydrated.

It's still been a struggle to get in the Protein. I had about 40-50grams yesterday between the shakes, and my mom used two of my premier vanilla Protein Shakes from costco and made me some sugar free vanilla pudding out of it. The concept was splendid although it was kinda thick, so I didn't want to eat much of it yesterday, but I'll try more today.

I weighed myself and I'm officially in the two's again! I'm 298, which is awesome considering my starting weight was 343 in April. I was 301 the day of my surgery, 310 two days after, so the excess water weight is finally gone plus a few extra pounds, so I'm ecstatic! I would be highly pleased if I made it to 280 by the end of the month, but I'm not putting pressure on myself.

I'm still having pain in the incision site where they removed everything, but otherwise I'm feeling better overall. I'm planning to start a new thread called "things you didn't expect during your first month post-op" because I've already had some experience unexpected and I think it would be helpful if we shared them with each other. We can post them here too, but I'm also wanting to hear from people who've been sleeved for a while too, as they can help us be better prepared going into our first month. Anyways, I'm still alive and well guys...carry on ????????????✌????️

Hey September Sleevers, just wanted to update you guys. Tomorrow makes one week post op. I'm gonna ease my way into full liquids, starting with some Soup for dinner. TMI, but still haven't had a bowel movement, not sure if this is normal or not considering I've only been consuming liquids, but I've been drinking Water like crazy! I would imagine well over 64oz of Water alone plus my Protein. It's been hot in LA, so I've been drinking tons of water. My urine is almost clear so I'm nowhere near dehydrated.

It's still been a struggle to get in the Protein. I had about 40-50grams yesterday between the shakes, and my mom used two of my premier vanilla Protein Shakes from costco and made me some sugar free vanilla pudding out of it. The concept was splendid although it was kinda thick, so I didn't want to eat much of it yesterday, but I'll try more today.

I weighed myself and I'm officially in the two's again! I'm 298, which is awesome considering my starting weight was 343 in April. I was 301 the day of my surgery, 310 two days after, so the excess water weight is finally gone plus a few extra pounds, so I'm ecstatic! I would be highly pleased if I made it to 280 by the end of the month, but I'm not putting pressure on myself.

I'm still having pain in the incision site where they removed everything, but otherwise I'm feeling better overall. I'm planning to start a new thread called "things you didn't expect during your first month post-op" because I've already had some experience unexpected and I think it would be helpful if we shared them with each other. We can post them here too, but I'm also wanting to hear from people who've been sleeved for a while too, as they can help us be better prepared going into our first month. Anyways, I'm still alive and well guys...carry on ✌

I'm super happy to hear you're doing better and excited to see your weight loss. It won't be long until you are in one-derland. I haven't been drinking enough water. My pee was so dark it was almost brown. I can't wait to see your unexpected things post either. Try to get it going before the 21st! :D

Add to the list things I didn't expect after surgery. Being changed from large once daily AM dose meds to immediate release 3x/day and having it mess my sleep schedule up. I take Effexor XR one time/day and they switched me to immediate release 3x/day. I'm thinking about just taking it all in the morning.

Great to hear you are doing so well pindoctor! Thanks for sharing!

I'm still having pain in the incision site where they removed everything, but otherwise I'm feeling better overall. I'm planning to start a new thread called "things you didn't expect during your first month post-op" because I've already had some experience unexpected and I think it would be helpful if we shared them with each other. We can post them here too, but I'm also wanting to hear from people who've been sleeved for a while too, as they can help us be better prepared going into our first month. Anyways, I'm still alive and well guys...carry on ????????????✌????️

That's amazing well done. we had our surgery on the same date maybe we could keep in touch and be sleeve buddies ;-)