Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid I'll gain the weight back...

@VSGAn2014

Dribbling information?

I am approaching my goal and the closer I get the more concerned I become about my ability to maintain. I've had success over the years in losing weight, but not maintaining the weight loss. And what concerns me most is that when I start to put on weight, I stop weighing myself because I don't want to see the numbers and, I don't know, I just really lose all control, and I just don't want that to happen again.

How many of us can say we lost weight and maintained that loss prior to surgery? Very few I imagine. As soon as I lost the weight, I relaxed my diet and exercise and gained it all back and then some. The fear is very understandable and I have the fear too. I hope this time will be different. I'm highly motivated but I still struggle with the same old cravings and head hunger. It's always a work in progress, just have to stay the course. I feel so much better that it's worth the fight.

We will ALWAYS have this fear. It is logical to fear it. Fat cell theories show that once we have them, they will plague us forever wanting to be refilled. I am 3.5 years out. I struggle to stay under 200. I didnt imagine it would be easy b u t i did not anticipate a return to grazing almost 24/7.

I do not TOUCH bread, crackers, Pasta, rice, ANY white carbs. I eat limited berries an apple once in a blue moon. We CANNOT eat constantly, even if it is GOOD food and expect to maintain goals. I am unable to yank myself away from this life long habit.

Exercise. ...yes, follow no drinking rule

...i DO break that one....but i am no way stable . I think i should learn to embrace this chaotic weight struggle and relax!

Guess that will be my next therapy goal!

afaid ill gain weight back. anyone else had this fear?

@@SWEETTEA

would be surprised if someone else hasn't had that same fear about gaining weight back

i do weigh daily

worked for me (past tense)

i would weigh and smile at the scale

about 7 weeks ago # started to creep up

i continued to weigh daily

figuring that would help my accountability

but, i gained a lb, gained a lb again and...............

before i knew it, i was 8.3 lbs over goal!!!

"forgot" to weigh every day, because i knew i was gaining

i was ashamed and upset

finally got back on the shtict and have lost 4.9 lbs!!!

i'm standing here naked to the world with my confession

kathy

Literally after almost dying twice this year, I was sleeved August 2014 , I don't fear anything. Every day I'm thinking about what I'm putting in my body and what am I doing to improve my life. I have an upcoming surgery which will require me to be down for four 1/2 weeks. All I can do is plan my meals and moved forward! Sleeved life is a part of everyday life! I am just happy that I don't require extra support and/or bigger wheelchairs/beds as they wheel me into the operating room. Live life and become your health best!

afaid ill gain weight back. anyone else had this fear?

@@SWEETTEA

would be surprised if someone else hasn't had that same fear about gaining weight back

i do weigh daily

worked for me (past tense)

i would weigh and smile at the scale

about 7 weeks ago # started to creep up

i continued to weigh daily

figuring that would help my accountability

but, i gained a lb, gained a lb again and...............

before i knew it, i was 8.3 lbs over goal!!!

"forgot" to weigh every day, because i knew i was gaining

i was ashamed and upset

finally got back on the shtict and have lost 4.9 lbs!!!

i'm standing here naked to the world with my confession

kathy

Good for you getting it back. Whenever I know I'm gaining I "forget" to weigh. Meant 100lbs for me after losing it all with band

Well, all of you are not alone. I had total knee replacement surgery one month ago. (Knee weighs 2 pounds.) So, I'm basically not getting any exercise. I also have slip ups with carbs and sweets. Go for weeks watching everything I eat, then totally eat wrong. Still fighting my life style habits. I was saying earlier that husband bringing in bad foods didn't affect me. I guess I'm wrong. If they weren't around, it would be easier not to eat them.

I'm bouncing around a couple pounds, but it scares me. It's a slippery slope.