Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just here wanting more info on the lap band

I am 205lbs, 5'3, bmi-36

With a bad back actually the X-ray said it was arthritis and mild degenerative changes to the spine!

I finally got a referral to a WLS and the set up a consultation with a surgeon

They told me my insurance would take care of it

But what is next? How long is this process to actually getting the lap band

IM SO READY FOR THIS

Hi there and congratulations on choosing yourself and your healthy future. As Lessofme says, insurance companies have different requirements as do surgeons. My hospital required attendance at an information session that was held every other month. I started my process in June with research and so much info from this forum. Missed the mandatory info session in June of that year and had to wait until August; was banded that November. It turns out the extra time was good for me in terms of getting my head together, upping my exercise and just general preparedness. I love my band and am so happy for the changes in my life. Getting that appetite monster off my back is one of the best things I've ever done. The links below in my signature helped me understand what the band is all about. I must have read the Dr. Simpson pieces five hundred times......

Thank you for the info

I been through a supervise diet plan through my pcp for 8 months

My insurance is through bcbs and they told me that they covered it in full so I now have all the medical documents I need!!!!

Waiting for the consultation with the surgery

Does this sound like I could be getting it?

I called they said they would pay for it but they have requirements for it like how in the past did I ever join a weightloss program and was unsuccessful things like that it takes about 5 months or so does anyone know all the requirements? And how much does this cost? Thank u for any info. Marlene

Your best bet is to start by attending a seminar and talking to the insurance coordinator. The questions you are asking can only be answered by your insurance and doctors office. I can tell you that with my insurance, I had to get bloodwork, an EKG, a barium swallow, visit a psychiatrist and a nutritionist. Also, my out of pocket expenses were about $3000.00. Your experience and costs will be dependent on your surgeon and insurance