Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is a crazy question...

No dumb questions! You are totally naked for surgery so they don't risk breaking the sterile nature of the OR. I've done rotations in the OR and I worked in health care...no one cares that you're naked. Really, when you've seen a few dozen naked people, you've seen 'em all! I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but in the OR you are purely a slab of meat to be worked on and people are only worried about your vitals and the procedure, nothing else. Also, a good portion of you is covered during the surgery and you are draped so that the sterile field is maintained even more.

After surgery, I really suggest bringing a sports bra. I was super glad that I had one because they expect you to walk around the hospital and I didn't love the idea of my jiggly boobies not being restrained for that process, lol. I went commando otherwise though because I had to go to the bathroom so much and I was so totally blitzed out of my mind that it was one less thing to take off and put back on.

I was naked as the day I was born under my gown for my surgery. My surgeon doesn't use drains or catheters, it's a concern that your underwear will get stained from the surgical wash, and also possibly contaminate a clean operating surface since they have no way of knowing what your underwear could have on them.

Not a dumb question at all and I thank you for asking it. My concern is not the operating room but walking around the floor with my boobs hanging down to my knees. I am not kidding just look at my before pictures and those are with a bra on. If the incision is close to the bra line how soon after surgery were you ladies allowed to wear a bra again?

I know of people who wore bras a week after surgery. My top-most incision is right between my boobs, where the underwire rests. I couldn't wear a bra for a month. When I had to put one on for my post-op appointments before then, it was painful and I hated it.

I was wondering the same thing Great I hate bras anyways lol...and panties Ill.make sure I wear some comfty ones..

My surgeon said that they needed to be removed because they would be putting a catheter in once I was under, he also said it was to keep

The surgical room as contamination free as possible.

Who cares. Other than work colleagues I could care less if anyone wants to look at my fat body or not. I plan to walk around with one gown on front and one gown in back. Until I have to get dressed and go home, at which time I have ordered and received a soft bra. Some understanding for the woman who actually works in the hospital where she had the surgery, but really we are there to rest and recover. I do not walk around my house in a bra so why would I walk around the hospital in one? As for the surgeon he is concentrating on his surgery on your stomach not your boobs, the health professionals have seen it all before, the other folks in there will be recovering from their own surgeries and/or there with their family members who are recovering and none of them will even notice whether your boobs are droopy or pert. And once you get that anesthesia and/or next dose of pain medication you likely won't care either;-)

Ladies I do not know the size of your boobs. But mine are huge, probably the largest any of you have ever seen and my concern for wearing a bra also has to do with the fact that my loose boobs will be hanging on top of all the incisions.

So 1. I feel it will be very painful to have these heavy boobs resting on my incisions and even worse when I am walking.

2. Since they will be swinging when walking they will get very hot and sweaty and couldn't that cause possible infections to the boobs and the incisions. 3. The hospital I do not believe has a bariatric floor and I will be mixed in with others and will feel very uncomfortable walking around (if I am even able to do so as I am physically handicapped to begin with and must use 2 canes or a walker) without at least a sports bra on. So I will be wearing one. I did it when I was in the hospital years ago for Lymphedema and can't imagine not doing it again.

They had me get completely undressed and wear a hospital gown into surgery. My upper incision is right on my bra line so I would think it would get in the way. Also my lower incision is right above my belly button. Again right on the panty line.

I have read many say one of their incisions is right above their belly buttons. I have a umbilical hernia above my belly button. The Dr said he would not remove it until months after I have had the surgery. Does anyone (maybe a Dr or Nurse who reads this post) know how making an incision above my belly button is going to take place if I have a hernia there? Will my recovery time take longer? How safe is it to have surgery and not remove the hernia? I guess next time I see the Dr I will have to ask him this questions but thought maybe someone would know now. Thanks

@@ssflbelle I didn't have an incision above my belly button. I had one right below my sternum, one about 2 inches to the right of my belly button, one about two inches to the left of my belly button and a little lower and then one about three inches to the left of that and a little higher.

I also did not have an incision above my belly button.

Edited by LadyRouge