Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have never slept on my stomach so I can't answer that. I used my little travel pillow to sleep on my side a few days after surgery and until I felt healed. I would press it against my stomach and roll over to my side. It gave me support sort of like a girdle. And I didn't feel like everything Inside me was shifting and falling.

I started sleeping on my right side the third night. It was another week before i could sleep on the left

Am 3 days post op and am ok sleeping on my right side. Left side uncomfortable and sleeping on tummy a bit painful. Was able to sleep on right side the same night as operation, but was being given some tough painkillers. Now I'm on liquid paracetamol which is very weak. Good luck.

I stayed in the hospital two nights. Came home and slept in bed the first night and felt amazingly better the following morning (and through the night). I think that sitting in a back slightly upright position isn't great for allowing things to settle in. If you can I would recommend sleeping in bed on your side or back. Be sure to take your pain meds and nausea pills as scheduled as well, they serve an important purpose!

I had not passed gas in the hospital or the rest of the day I returned home. I was concerned. After sleeping a good night (but setting alarms for pain meds etc, and urinating) when I got up around 7 I had a nice satisfying fart :)

I went in for surgery on Wednesday of this week btw, today now being Saturday.

Edited by Santiago Draco

Santiago, have you been prescribed a liquid Vitamin yet? I haven't, but wondering if my doctor forgot. I also got my surgery last Wednesday.

Santiago, have you been prescribed a liquid Vitamin yet? I haven't, but wondering if my doctor forgot. I also got my surgery last Wednesday.

You won't, normally, be proscribed a liquid Vitamin, usually those are part of your diet plan. Did you get a pre-post op nutrition plan? You should see there discussions about options.

You will likely want to get on your Vitamins soon, but be sure to stick with the liquid diet as your doctor instructed and move to the "full liquid" diet when instructed.

In any case what I did was the following (taking now, Saturday):

Kirkland gummies Multivitamin

Kirkland Calcium chewables

Next week, probably Monday i plan to start taking Premier Protein bottled drink to be sure to get my Protein. Going to check with my doctor first.

I also use drink supplements, EmergenC, Ecoboost and will in a couple of weeks ZipFizz. I am not taking the zipfizz now as it has some caffeine. These drinks give a good amount of Vitamins in addition to your Water intake. I run them more diluted than called for (so one package to lets say 40oz luqid instead of 20) for now.

I didn't get a plan yet. He asked me to take 1.5 liters (around 5 oz) of Water, clear broth and unsweetened juices for 8 days then go meet him for a checkup. I assume that's when I'll get my nutrition plan. Will wait. Thanks for advice, always great to compare notes.

Took me 3 nights to sleep comfortably on my side and stomach, when I ended up turning over at night I woke with lots of stiffness on he side I slept on, ironically my apnea went away and I can sleep on my back again, I'm just still scared to do it lol.......

My husband was sleeved Wednesday (so he's 5 days post op), and he slept in the recliner part of his first night home, but then moved to the couch to sleep on his side. He said it felt better having the support of the couch back behind him. Plus, he can't move as much on the couch since there's just not much room.

I thought you don't take any Vitamins yet? @@treed

He said he knew what Vitamins he would be taking, and roughly when. You don't even know.

To be frank, this isn't a good sign. Don't just rely on the next piece of information from your doctor. Do your research! You are already here on a great site for info, you are asking questions, that's good. But it's obvious you have not researching the surgery plan itself thoroughly. I would suggest doing so now.

Think of this as a kick in the but to get your reading done. Go read the Gastric Sleeve Diet Plans (do a search on google). There are lots and they all cover good general outlines of food and supplements.

Now you MIGHT just be confused about when to take vitamins but your doctor should have supplied you with much more info than "take these liquids for 8 weeks and I'll tell you what to do next after your visit". If that is all the doctor did then the doctor needs to get his act together and inform his patients better.