Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is Surgery Day - 07/29/2015

Had rough time last night but feel better this am. Just got back from walking. Bad gas pains.

One day at a time. ????

You have a great attitude !! Happy walking, burping and farting ;) Really hope it eases soon

Waiting desperately for the farting as know it will help. How you feeling Kate?

Keep smiling!

@ The Candidate, have you tried Gas x strips? They really work . Especially the gas that is trapped under your rib cage. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Forgot I had them! Will try now. Thanks!

Pleased to hear you're doing well @@The Candidate ...keep up the walking, and the sipping. Keeping moving helps to, well, keep things moving, if you know what I mean! Both gas and, er ... other things! If you have any problems with Constipation in the coming days or weeks, I recommend kiwifruit (or kiwi, as you guys call it). I know some people swear by prune juice, but I found it a bit too sweet. I bought packs of frozen kiwi fruit puree and had kiwifruit slushies ... refreshing, tasty and effective. :)

Are you finding actually getting up for the first walk of your day is the hardest part? Everything's a bit stiff and sore, but once you're moving it's all ok? I didn't need a lot of pain relief by the time I got home, but made sure I took something before going to bed at night (well, before settling down on my recliner!) so I'd get a decent sleep, and before getting up and about at the start of the day.

It's hard to get in and out of bed but having no problem walking. It hurts when I breathe though and on front left side under ribs. Took gasx seems a bit better.

They let me take a shower and that was the best! Doctor says I should be able to go home tomorrow. Very tired.

Thanks @@dbfn!

Keep smiling!

Much better Thanks! Still have gas though so going for my first walk out of the house tomorrow in the hope the exercise helps move it :D The GasX strips were great in hospital but don't seem to do anything now.

You will feel so much better once you are home, in your own bed. Don't overdo it!!

It's hard to get in and out of bed but having no problem walking. It hurts when I breathe though and on front left side under ribs. Took gasx seems a bit better.

They let me take a shower and that was the best! Doctor says I should be able to go home tomorrow. Very tired.

Thanks @@dbfn!

Hoping that all will go really well for you !!!!!

Keep smiling!

Much better Thanks! Still have gas though so going for my first walk out of the house tomorrow in the hope the exercise helps move it :D The GasX strips were great in hospital but don't seem to do anything now.

You will feel so much better once you are home, in your own bed. Don't overdo it!!

http://www.gas-x.com/gas-relief-products/gas-extra-strength#ThinStrips

Very glad to hear about this product. The pill version helped me during the past two hernia surgeries. Glad to see there is a strip version.

I'll be taking these along with me !!!!!!!!!

I am so excited to hear you had your surgery and that you are doing well. I have been remiss in checking the forum. Welcome to the Losers Bench. I am scooting over to make room!! ;)

Thanks @@dbfn!

I was so lucky when I had my bypass ... my surgeon uses glue, so I had no stitches, no bandages, no drains and no catheter. That meant I was able to get in the shower without any hassles the morning after my op, and it felt soooo good! Isn't it amazing how good that first shower is? Makes you feel much more human! :D

Girl, if you still have that pain pump you better use it! Nobody had to tell me twice. I pushed that thing like I was a contestant on Jeopardy ! @@The Candidate "pain for 500"