Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is Surgery Day - 07/29/2015

Thanks guys! Feeling better. Everyday is improvement. Only 4:30am but just so much time you can stay in bed without going stir crazy, so went walking. Hope my doctor gets here no later than 9 am and releases me, so I can detach myself from IV, drain, and pain pump.

It was tough, but absolutely no regrets. Ready to start my new healthy life! ????

I had my surgery on the 29th as well and today is my 3rd day post op and I can tell you that I feel better every day that goes on. I wish you the best.

@@maregal We share a surgery day! So happy to hear that things went well, and I'll second that: feeling better all the time. Good luck!

Thank you @@FrankinTexas! I'll accept that seat. ????. How is your recovery coming along?

Amazing feeling to know it is all over after those months of waiting and now on to a new life. Good luck with your recoveries The Candidate and maregal.

The Candidate,

Congratulations on your decision and on your surgery! It’s been a long journey for you already, and you have been wonderfully positive about it. Thanks for sharing this stage of your journey with us in such great detail – it can be very helpful and inspirational to pre-op and post-op members alike!

I’m glad to hear things are going more smoothly for you. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Thank you mountaingal it certainly is exhilarating to be on the other side. Hope you're feeling the same maregal . It's definitely a date neither of us will ever forget!

Thank you @@Alex Brecher! Positivity was a upfront choice going in, and it made the long wait so much easier!

I'm home now, and feeling so good, I almost can't believe I've even had the bypass done! And I feel no hunger. None. Today is Saturday and I've consumed no solid food since Tuesday. I'm able to get Water, Protein shakes, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth in ounce cups with no problem. I also can get Popsicles down with ease. I walk like there's no tomorrow.

Since they removed the drain (which didn't hurt a smidge), the pain I had on the left side under my ribs is gone. It no longer hurts to breathe deeply, and I've finally passed gas. If I overdo the walking I can get a stabbing pain in my upper abdomen, that eases when I stop the exertion, but that's it.

I'd do the long wait and surgery over again in a second. Not one iota of a regret! Best decision ever!

????

@@The Candidate

Sorry if you mentioned it before and I didn't catch it, but have how much have you lost so far? Or do you know yet?

You are such a great example of how staying positive can help so much in recovery, by the way :)

No, I haven't weighed myself yet. I think I'll wait for my first post op appt which will be on Thursday. But my stats so far are:

5'2"

HW:248

SW:213

Thanks @@Babbs

I have been busy with planning a party for tomorrow is National Coloring Book Day. I had no idea till today that you had your surgery. So glad you documented it and that you are doing so well. One year is a long time to wait and have such a positive attitude. I will be following your journey on the sleeved side and know you will do very well.

Thank you @@ssflbelle!

What is National Coloring Book Day? I'm curious. ????

Thank you @@ssflbelle!

What is National Coloring Book Day? I'm curious.

This is the first ever National Coloring Day- A group of adults get together to color in adult coloring books. It is the latest stress reducer for adults.

I took markers and a couple of coloring books to the hospital with me. But along with my iPad they went unused. Too many interruptions, walking, sipping, vitals, unplugging and plugging yourself back in with the IV pole.

But I plan to get in some serious coloring while I recover. I'm well stocked as I stopped by Michael's before surgery. ????

I totally agree it's a great stress reliever!

@@The Candidate - Get a caliper and tape measure for measuring body fat on Amazon. The cheap plastic ones will be ok. You will initially lose many pounds, and then you will stall. If you catch the exercise bug as many of us have, you will start building lean muscle mass and you may stall again. But you will be less likely to lose your motivation when you look at your measurements and see the loss of body fat. I'm glad I did both, lose skin sometimes makes the tape measure tests less effective. I figured that out about three months post surgery, you will be utterly amazed at where you will be around New Year if you figure out your body fat now and then. Glad you are home and all is going well.