Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is Surgery Day - 07/29/2015

Thank you @@OKCPirate for the great suggestions!

I did purchase a digital measuring tape and took my before measurements. I've also been keeping a video diary for a year, and I even took before pics in my underwear. I want all the motivation I can get along the way. Plus I'm hoping to concentrate more on how I'm feeling better, than numbers on a scale.

Having been fat nearly all my life, and done the yo yo dieting, I know it's so hard for "us" to see changes in a mirror, or take compliments at face value. I hope to document my journey the entire way, and have irrefutable evidence of how far I've come.

Thanks again!

I just looked at adult coloring books! Very detailed and pretty... I do like to color so I think I might have a new hobby..

I just looked at adult coloring books! Very detailed and pretty... I do like to color so I think I might have a new hobby..

I like to color mandalas while watching tv.

Yes it is relaxing. As a Joy of Coloring Consultant I hold these parties to give adults the chance to see if they find this activity reduces their stress. When they see it does they then order books and supplies from me and may even book and host a party. I wish I could figure out how to post a few pictures of what folks colored today. Oh well we had a fun relaxing time.

Those pictures when completed look wonderful in frames. Glad to hear you found a new hobby. In addition to the coloring I do lots of other crafts like beaded banners, rug making, plastic canvas and cross stitching. If my hands are busy I can't feed my face. So my body wins and making the beaded banners and doing the coloring parties help to bring in extra money I will need for all the co-pays for the sleeve.

@@The Candidate happy you are doing well and welcome to the club!! keep us updated and keep up the good work!!

@@The Candidate How are you feeling now? Thinking of you and hoping you are well x

Thank you @@agalindo17!

It does feel nice to have claimed my spot on the bench!

Hi @!

Doing very well thank you! Getting down all fluids, Protein drinks, even Vitamins without a hitch. All in all everything has gone so much better than I ever expected.

How are you doing? How far out are you now? Feeling pretty much back to normal? I would love to hear what it feels like from your progression point.

Thanks for all your hugs and well wishes along the way, Kate. You're always a bright spot in my day! ????

Edited by The Candidate

I'm good thank you@@The Candidate. Recovery has been good at times and difficult at times (the first 3 days lol). I HATE the injections into the tummy twice a day and I am bruise to bits but they stop on Thursday, thank goodness. I am 10 days out and starting back with the dog walking tonight, I have a Lab and usually walk him 2 hrs a day and hubby does the early morning walk. I know I won't be doing the usual route, up and down hills and only for 30 - 40 minutes daily this week but I am stoked to be starting back.

I am really pleased you are doing so well. You deserve it!! :D

I feel for you, Kate. I only had the injections once a day at the hospital, done by the nurses, and I'm still bruised solidly. Can't imagine having to do them myself at home. So glad yours have almost come to an end!

Funny you mention your dog. I have two cockapoos. My brother and his girlfriend have been taking care of them since a couple of days before surgery, so I haven't seen them in over a week. They're bringing them back to me today because I can't stand another day without them. I love and miss my babies! ☺️

Edited by The Candidate

I didn't know there were injections given after surgery. May I ask what injections are you ladies talking about? What are they for? How many?

They're most commonly known as heparin or lovenox injections given in your stomach. They're blood thinners.

Sorry didn't answer the second part. Some require you do them yourself at home after surgery, like Kate had. Others only require you have them given while in hospital, which was my experience.

I feel for you, Kate. I only had the injections once a day at the hospital, done by the nurses, and I'm still bruised solidly. Can't imagine having to do them myself at home. So glad yours have almost come to an end!

Funny you mention your dog. I have two cockapoos. My brother and his girlfriend have been taking care of them since a couple of days before surgery, so I haven't seen them in over a week. They're bringing them back to me today because I can't stand another day without them. I love and miss my babies! ☺️

I had mine done at the hospital only thank God not at home but the bruce lasted almost 2 months lol crazy huh?