Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Good Morning Everyone!

It's Friday! Woo-Hoo! I did really good yesterday. I recorded everything I put in my mouth on fitday and came to 1320 calories. I even recorded my 1 bite of Peanut Butter cookie I had after I gave blood.

My kids will be camping with grandparents from Sat until Thurs night....I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself! Lots of exercising I hope.... (I'm hoping to get a lot of "exercising" from DH since the kids will be gone!) wink wink

And getting ready for my garage sale on the 20th. I have soooo many clothes to sell. Wish I had time I'd list them on e-bay, but that is time consuming. Come on over!....I've got size 16-18-1x! Just kidding, I don't think anyone wants to travel to Northern MI.

NIKKI............Here are the 10 LB rules I was talking about yesterday:

10 Important Rules:

1. Eat only 3 small meals a day.

2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly (approximately 15-20 times a bite)

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full.

4. Do not drink while you are eating.

5. Do not eat between meals.

6. Eat only good quality food.< /span>

7. Avoid fibrous foods.

8. Drink enough fluids during the day.

9. Drink only low-calorie liquids.< /span>

10. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

I don't know about you, but if I followed all these rules since March I probably would have been at goal a week ago! Some of them seem a little impossible in my opinion.

gotta run for now!

popping in to check on everyone!

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT!

(I hit the 230's this morning.. Ya Me!)

TGIF

Tracy....it looks as if you've lost around 40 lbs since surgery

WAY TO GO!

I posted a really good Lemon Blueberry Muffin recipe on the food forum

(if I eat sloooowwww, I can have these)

Very figure friendly if you crave something sweet

Hi Mary!--I look forward to making the the muffins! I love me some muffins!

Tracey---You look great!!! Keep up the great work!

carol1951, did you eat a lot of pb on the crackers or did you spread it thin? I noticed that when I globbed it on (I know I shouldn't do that) I had a harder time with it then when I just spreaded it on thinly...

It was spread on thick or globby. I will try it again with just a small amouth spread thin. Thanks for the hint.

Welcome to the July thread!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, maybe an extended weekend due to the Holiday.

Let's keep losing, this is our 4th mouth out since banding!

:clap2: good going. I just was filled on July 11th 2cc, this is my third, was banded on march 11th, was doing some things wrong and only lost 28pds, but I am back on track and will do this.

HI everyone,

I just wanted to say that maybe we don;t comment like we all should on the posts, but everything that people share, vent, boast, is beneficial.

I love hearing what others are going through, we are all in the same boat. We all had surgery within 30 days of each other. We are all going through our journey learning together.

I often lurk but oh!, I get so much from everyone. Feelings that I have are validated, questions and concerns I am often wondering about are answered from someone else going through the same thing.

Sometimes we may be unsure how to answer, because we don't know ourselves. That's why I love the veterans, that had it a few weeks before and often answer.

We are all losers, some faster some slower. We need to capitalize and try to really let our bands work for us this summer with the beautiful weather.

We are really going to have to be there for each other during the holidays, frankly, it scares the shi* out of me. That is when I am a piggy, piggy, piggy.:hungry: I love the pictures they are a inspiration. You guys are an inspiration.:whoo:

PS. Mazel Tov Mama Lambert on your new grandson.

WHEW

You know, going to school full time and working full time sometimes is the pits!!!!!!!!

I've spent so many HOURS and HOURS on homework this past week I just wanted to shoot someone. At one point I just looked at my computer and cried. I called a friend and said, "How can I be a CEO if homework makes me cry?"

I was getting sick, come to find out. So yeah, on top of my heaviest week of deliverables, the don't want to call it homework, I got a stomach -coming out of both ends- virus. Thanks to my little girl.

At anyrate it's all due two and a half hours from now and I just finished. I need a drink.

Yikes Juli-school and work at the same time...YIKES!!!

I had a dreadful weekend. Actually it was nice, but the eating was dreadful. And no exercise. Today its back to band land...

Jmcambra

Me too. I've not exercised since Thursday. Time to get sweaty again.

Glad you had a nice weekend though.

Hello Marchies

I have been away from this board for a while but have checked on it perodically. I miss everyone and I am happy everyone is working toward a healthy lifestyle. I hope we all can use this board as a support tool and draw as much positive energy from it, because this board is a tool just like the lapband. I feel that we all are able to offer something different and that is a good thing. I want to say that slow or fast we are all losing!!!! And that is great.

Stay encourged everyone.

Just back from the doctor. I lost 3.2 lbs this month. I really have to try to eat more protien. I just not much of protien eater. She suggested trying refried Beans on a tortilla, and just eating Beans. I guess one of my questions is how much is to many carbs in a day. If you eat beans they are full of carbs I know that they are probably good carbs, but how many. I should of asked, but I didn't think of it at the time.

I now have 2.5 cc in my 4cc band. The nurse said most people have good restriction when the have 2.8 to 3.5 cc in the band. So many next month I will really feel like I have some restriction.

Clear liquids today and the just liquids tomorrow. That seems to be the time that I lose, then I just play with the weight the rest of the month. So I hope this is the month that I really start to lose.

Carol

3.2 lost is 3.2 you'll never see again! I know you wanted to see more. You'll be dropping balls of fat behind you soon, don't worry!

As for carbs I don't really notice how many I eat so I'll check. Looks like I eat about 100-120 grams of carbs a day. I eat about the same in Protein and 50 grams of fat on average.

I just watch my calories and Protein. I shoot fewer than 1400 calories and 80+ grams of protein a day.

Look at yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, and eggs if chewing on meat doesn't work well for you.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Juli, I just don't like meat. I'm not big on chicken or eggs. I do like all the wrong meat. You know like bacon, sausage, hot dogs, steak. I found that a taco salad can be really good. Of course last nite I had nothing in house to eat so made tuna and noodles (haven't had in ages and ages), I can now add noodles to food that doesn't go down well. I thought I wasn't chewing them enought, but even when I chew my heart out the just brought on the pain. Its a strange pain like something is just turn in my chest.

Oh well wasn't one of my farovites.

I will have to keep better track of my calories this month also. Thanks for the info.