Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you break a stall?

2 weeks and counting. It's really having an effect on me now. I'm feeling despondent, head hunger is returning with a bang

Were you sleeved in May 2015? I know that I am many had our first stall around this time frame and it is normal as your body catches up and adjusts, just keep on the path and document everything, it will start back up.

I just got done with a three week stall so I understand your frustration. Keep eating right and exercising and the weight will come off. I also increased my calories by a hundred and that seemed to help

I've been a a stall for a while. I ended up making a spreadsheet that calculates my deficits and forecasts my weight loss based on inputs. I realize that seems like overkill since I track on MFP but I am a math person and I need to take things apart and put them back together in order to figure out what I need to change.

I use BMR and it updates as my weight decreases so I know what I need to do. If your not into making a spreadsheet there's some really handy ones through google docs.

Were you sleeved in May 2015? I know that I am many had our first stall around this time frame and it is normal as your body catches up and adjusts, just keep on the path and document everything, it will start back up.

I was indeed sleeved in May. Good to know I'm not the only one and it's a trend

Give it time and keep focused on the end goal. Stalls stink and you may go up or down 1.5 pounds. The body is resetting and the stall could take 4 weeks. Been there. Patient hat on.

I am one year and three months post OP. You will hit a LOT of plateaus over the course of your journey. Never give up and keep on going. Eat like you are suppose to eat and you will be fine. I had a 2 month plateau right after my year mark and although it was frustrating I didn't quit! The scale finally started moving again!

I'm 14 months out and have been in a stall for last 2 months. Frustrating

I am 10 months in and also have been on a 2 month stall. Anyone have suggestions to kick start. I was thinking of starting post op liquid diet. Has anyone tried it?

I am 10 months in and also have been on a 2 month stall. Anyone have suggestions to kick start. I was thinking of starting post op liquid diet. Has anyone tried it?

Yes. I too am going back to the pre-op diet. I lost 100lbs in three months and then all of a sudden I just stopped losing weight. So I'm hoping the pre-op diet will kick me back into gear.

I was sleeved in June, and in my first stall now. I was up to about 1100 calories per day. I'm dropping back to 800-900 to see if that helps.

It's counter intuitive but that is probably not a good idea. Stalls are part of the process. Just make sure you are getting in all your Protein and fluids.

Trying to break a 1 month stall at 6 months post op, really frustrating. Fluids & Proteins are getting in, trying to keep at 900 calories still. Any suggestions? Is it common at 6 months to stall this long?

I am 11 months out & my stalls started around 5 months. In the past five months, I've lost about 2lbs-3lbs a month. This month I am on target to lose a little over 2lbs AGAIN! Hoping for three but only have 2 days to go before weigh-in.

I did give up the Protein Bar & lost 2lb in 1week . Another month, I increased my calories and lost 2lb but I stopped losing again. This is beyond frustrating but I'll just keep working the program.

This week I'm going to try to vary my workout & see if it helps.

Edited by Kathy812