Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll call all who had surgery JUNE 2015

Great job!!!

@@hockeyfan7 I also have a Nu Wave cooker, how did I miss you could cook from Frozen??!! That would save me a lot of grief in my ever changing taste buds lol. Do you find any issue with the food browing?

No, not at all. It takes a little longer. For instance I cook a chicken breast on the bone from frozen for 15 minutes a side. I cook almost all my meat from frozen - it's just easier. Pull out a steak, pop it on there and hit the button.

I was sleeved on June 15, I started at 257-260, I am now down to 216.7 as of today!!! So I am down 43 lbs. I am eating 2-3 ozs twice a day with a snack of something Protein. I am hoping to get down to 199 before my next dr appt August 5.

I was sleeved on June 18th.

Weight before pre-op diet: 278

Weight on day of surgery : 260

Current weight: 236

Total I've lost 42lbs

I got a wicked bad stall my second week which lasted almost 3 weeks. The scale finally started moving again last week to my relief. During my stall I did lose 2 pants sizes though. I had bought some pants at goodwill anticipating my new sizes and skipped right over one size down to the next.

I feel like the weight is coming off so super slow. I know everyone goes through this process differently, but I had higher expectations on my weekly/monthly loss.

I have tried all sorts of food and only found that salad makes me sick. I had some ground meat last night but it didn't sit well. For the most part I have a Protein bar for Breakfast, tuna for lunch, a Protein Bar for a snack then something for dinner...usually Progresso Light Soup, then sugar free popcicles for a night snack. Getting about 60g of Protein a day and about 60oz of Water a day.

I was sleeved on June 18th.

Weight before pre-op diet: 278

Weight on day of surgery : 260

Current weight: 236

Total I've lost 42lbs

I got a wicked bad stall my second week which lasted almost 3 weeks. The scale finally started moving again last week to my relief. During my stall I did lose 2 pants sizes though. I had bought some pants at goodwill anticipating my new sizes and skipped right over one size down to the next.

I feel like the weight is coming off so super slow. I know everyone goes through this process differently, but I had higher expectations on my weekly/monthly loss.

I have tried all sorts of food and only found that salad makes me sick. I had some ground meat last night but it didn't sit well. For the most part I have a Protein bar for Breakfast, tuna for lunch, a Protein Bar for a snack then something for dinner...usually Progresso Light Soup, then sugar free popcicles for a night snack. Getting about 60g of Protein a day and about 60oz of Water a day.

How many carbs are you getting each day?

I have less than 40, usually 25-30. That might be one reason for the slower loss. I notice when I have closer to 40 the next day, my weight only moved a bit. My surgeon said to stick to animal Proteins. Well, his exact words were "if it was alive, you may now eat it." For him, nuts and salads are not in my plan until I am at 75% of my weight loss. I do miss salad and mixed nuts!

I was sleeved on June 30th, so I'm in my 4th week post-op and getting some solid foods back into my diet. I have a 1/2 scrambled egg and 1/2 piece of toast for breakfast, some cottage cheese for lunch, and then 2oz flaked tuna and a 1/2 tsp of mayo for dinner. I have a meal plan specifically written and organized by my nutritionist, which takes a lot of the guesswork out of what to eat. I'm so happy to be adding Condiments and spices back into my life!

I've lost 20 lbs since surgery, for a total of 28 lbs including my pre-op dieting. It's been feeling a little slow, but this week has really stalled my progress and I've gained almost 2 lbs this week. I don't know if it's just that my body is adjusting to eating some solid foods again or if I'm not getting enough exercise. I try to take 2 or 3 15-minute walks per day. I've been having some issues getting BMs this week as well, so I'm leaning towards the solid food issue.

I'm really missing pizza, chicken, and chili...

Hope everyone else is doing great!! :-)

I was sleeved on June 30th, so I'm in my 4th week post-op and getting some solid foods back into my diet. I have a 1/2 scrambled egg and 1/2 piece of toast for breakfast, some cottage cheese for lunch, and then 2oz flaked tuna and a 1/2 tsp of mayo for dinner. I have a meal plan specifically written and organized by my nutritionist, which takes a lot of the guesswork out of what to eat. I'm so happy to be adding Condiments and spices back into my life!

I've lost 20 lbs since surgery, for a total of 28 lbs including my pre-op dieting. It's been feeling a little slow, but this week has really stalled my progress and I've gained almost 2 lbs this week. I don't know if it's just that my body is adjusting to eating some solid foods again or if I'm not getting enough exercise. I try to take 2 or 3 15-minute walks per day. I've been having some issues getting BMs this week as well, so I'm leaning towards the solid food issue.

Your Nut allows you bread? Bread and sugar are the number one reasons I am over weight. Potato's and rice are the number 2 reason. Lack of exercise is the third reason. I refuse to so much as look at a carb. All I eat is chicken, fish, shrimp and on occasion pork. I ate a beef hamburger (meat only) and looked at the calories and I won't touch another one. I can however eat a lean turkey burger. I miss bread but not enough to gain back what I lost so far and not enough to stall me.

Try a few days without your carbs and see if that scale won't budge.

I was sleeved June 8th. I have lost 42lb post op and 66 lb total. I am still on soft foods. I have not tried salad yet, I'm too afraid. A lot of meats are too dry (chicken breast, hamburger patties, pork). I am tired of shakes, but without then I can not get enough Protein.

We started out at about the same weight, had surgery around the same time what does a "good day" and a "bad day"(daily routine) in the life of Hisbrowneyedgirl look like? Congrats on your numbers!

Your Nut allows you bread? Bread and sugar are the number one reasons I am over weight. Potato's and rice are the number 2 reason. Lack of exercise is the third reason. I refuse to so much as look at a carb. All I eat is chicken, fish, shrimp and on occasion pork. I ate a beef hamburger (meat only) and looked at the calories and I won't touch another one. I can however eat a lean turkey burger. I miss bread but not enough to gain back what I lost so far and not enough to stall me.

Try a few days without your carbs and see if that scale won't budge.

I agree, bread is a no no to my nut also.

A friend asked me at lunch today what was the best part about getting the sleeve. I told her knowing that I would never pig out again and also that the 30 pounds I have lost wasn't coming back. It's liberating knowing that if you follow the plan you can't lose!!

@@JosieAppleHead a good day is one that i have limitless energy, do my limited exercises, and do not have to stay up late to finish my Water :angry: . A bad day means i am eating some Protein at 9ish because i do not have enough for the day, but can't take another shake or have to go to bed late so I can finish my Water. On these days, i am tired, so i usually fall sleep in the afternoon. While the nap feels good, I loose the time for water intake.

I usually have a bad day once a week, so I guess they are getting less as time passes. I am a teacher, so I am sure once school starts up things will change. I have begun planning for that time. I have a new thermos that stays cold for 12 hours that I will use for my shakes. This way, I can leave it on my desk with my water and switch between them during the day. I am worried about getting my water in while I am teaching, but I am sure I will just get used to walking around with my water.

I have not hit a stall yet, although i didn't loose for two different days due to cycle. I am just focusing on Protein and water and NOT eating ANY carbs. If a protein has a carb, then of course, but it seems to be working. I miss salads and tortillas. I did make cheese chips for a crunch, but I only eat them about once a week. I have gooten my "salad" fix by just dipping my chicken thighs in light Cesar dressing. Cheesy, but it worked :rolleyes: .

What does your good day/bad day look like? Any suggestions??

I was sleeved June 25, have lost 22 lbs since surgery, 37.5 overall since the preop diet. I still drink 1-2 Protein Shakes per day. Fish goes down well, turkey breast, chicken, and eggs have not! I'm a little afraid to try them again, but might try an egg again this weekend now that I'm further out.

I was sleeved June 22, since then I've lost 29.6 pounds. Every day I marvel at how effortless this has been for me.... I'm one of the lucky ones, never had any nausea or pain. And it's been almost 5 weeks and so far (knock on wood) I haven't had a stall. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I do. Every day I've lost even just a small amount, .2 pounds minimum. Since I started with a low BMI, I expected my weight loss to be much slower...... SURPRISE!

A typical day of eating:

- Protein shake for Breakfast (start off the day with 1/2 the Protein I need)

- Egg with FF cheese late-morning

- Crockpot chicken with broccoli around 2pm

- Cauliflower Casserole (add in unjury unflavored for more protein) around 530pm

- 2 oz of Dannon Lite and Fit Greek Toasted Coconut at 8pm

This is only a sampling, but I always get in at least 65-75 grams of protein daily and drink tons of Water. I make large batches of food at a time and then divide them up into small plastic storage containers and freeze/refrigerate so I can grab and go.

I'm exercising as well..... usually walk 1.5 miles a day (25 min) and ride my stationary bike at least 20-25 min as well daily. Floor exercises are done like 5 days a week.... Just starting to use some light weights now, since I'm almost healed (was told to not do strength training until week 6).

I'm like the Energizer bunny.....When I used to sit and watch TV for 6 hours straight and not move, now I can't even sit for 6 minutes without getting up and feeling the need to do something. I walk into the kitchen to get Water, then see a hammer that needs to be put away, so I think "Let me go hang that picture", so I do that, which reminds me that I need to pull down the wallpaper border in the bathroom, so I start that. Next thing I know, I'm painting. All of that from going to get a glass of water.

Hail to the sleeve.

Hi June sleevers! I had my surgery June 24th. I have lost 17.9 lbs since surgery plus 20.8 during pre op diet for a total of 38.7 lbs. I am happy :)

So far everything I have tried (at soft food stage) has been fine. I am very lucky and have only vomited one time since surgery-I ate too fast and learned my lesson!

I try to start my day with a Protein shake. When I don't it's harder for me to hit my Protein goals.

Everyone is doing so great!