Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kids and non-stick cookware

Dang it, brand new calphalon non-stick pan ruined by a 16 year old who won't realize when dad hides a pan in the back of the cabinate he doesn't want you to use it. It means you need to wash your other pans.

Instead she treats it like cast Iron, cranks up the stove to 11 and stinks up the whole house. ARRRG. Can't dad have a nice non-stick all to himself.

OK, I'll be quiet now.

Ha! My children are in their 20s and they still do stuff like that. The really awesome part is that they know that non stick pans can't go in the dishwasher (shortens their lives immensely) so they make a big nasty pile of them for me to wash in the sink! Apparently, nonstick pans require a "mother's touch"!

Dang it, brand new calphalon non-stick pan ruined by a 16 year old who won't realize when dad hides a pan in the back of the cabinate he doesn't want you to use it. It means you need to wash your other pans.

Instead she treats it like cast Iron, cranks up the stove to 11 and stinks up the whole house. ARRRG. Can't dad have a nice non-stick all to himself.

OK, I'll be quiet now.

Your 16 year old cooks? Without a microwave?

Celebrate man, I'm a high school teacher and, as Jess suggested, a 16 year old who cooks for himself is gold. AND he's legal to earn money to replace the pan - go for the anodized aluminum while you've got someone else buying :)

Edited by Smye

Ha ha ha, this is so funny. I didn't purchase new pans until the last one moved out.

new calphalon non-stick pan ruined by a 16 year old

@@OKCPirate

:lol:

wayyyyyy back when my daughter was 16, she wouldn't even touch a frying pan

i think it scared her :D

she was helping me "once" LOL in the kitchen

couldn't clean this one mess on the counter

i told her to use some elbow grease

she said, "where's/what's that?" :D

my hubby used to eat my baby bel cheese :o

i would "remind" him please don't do that

later, i put a sign on it - saying DO NOT TOUCH :huh:

he finally got the message - no problem since then :rolleyes:

do the same thing with your pans or other things you want ONLY for you :rolleyes:

make a WARNING sign!!!

threaten her with death or worse!! :wacko: ;)

great weight loss

keep up the good work :)

good luck

kathy

Ha! Kids (25) are the same all over ! Just threw out a lovely pan that was totaled by

Oops turning on the burner on high

And trying to cook... And failing... And leaving it for me... They were house sitting.

Thanks. Now I don't feel like it is just me and my kids.... Universal ...

(Ok I wanna believe that)

OK, I'll be quiet now.

Your 16 year old cooks? Without a microwave?
My 15 year old son cooks and has been for years. It's simple meals but he's and excellent cook.

Edited by tcon

My sympathies! Back when I worked retail, I used my employee discount to buy my parents a few really good anodized aluminum non-stick pans, since all of their pans were old and not in the best shape. Of course, even though I told them how to care for them, the first time my dad used one, he cleaned it with a steel wool scrubbie. I was not happy because I've always felt that if someone gives you something nice or expensive, you take care of it properly (at least when they're watching).