Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

Tomorrow is the day!! So ready to do this although feeling a little anxious.

Everything is going to be great! My one month post op is tomorrow so we are close. But I am down over 40 lbs already!! It is the best decision I've ever made!!!

Being anxious is normal, but you got this!!! Good luck!!!

Ah - you will do well. Everyone who has had the surgery is so encouraging.

I am 12 days from surgery yet. Getting a lot of questions written down. They are all for After WLS!! I am sure my bariatric center has print outs but I want to make sure I get all of them answered. None are really critical but things I have picked up from several different blogs I am following.

I'm one month out tomorrow! Was sleeved on 12/10. Surgery went quick... I woke up in intense pain until I was alert enough to learn the pain pump, then it was smooth sailing. My nurses were shocked, I was walking alot, getting up and down with no issues, getting in fluids easily.

Fast forward 4 weeks... I'm down 30lbs. Still working on meeting Fluid goals. Eating pretty normally. I do have one incision that has opened and is inflamed, but not too painful nor is it infected. I seem to handle all foods quite well, and that bothers me. I'm going to chat with my NUT tomorrow and ask lots of questions. I've started jogging and went to work at 4 days post-op. I've been wearing jeans since 2 days post-op and over all feel pretty fantastic. My weightloss has been good, but I was kinda hoping for more.

Please note that not everyone will have the same recovery. I have a friend who was sleeved the same day and still can't return to work, still can't keep anything down. I'm lucky... good luck to everyone who was recently sleeved or who is waiting! Excited to share the journey with you all.

I had my first NSV today. I looked in the mirror and actually noticed a smaller me. For the first time, I could see the weighloss. It's exciting!!

I'm about 3.5 weeks post op now, and I hit a stall around my 20 pound loss. Now that weight for me was a point where my body has been REALLY comfortable over the years, so I kinda expected it. I've been at my stall for almost 2 weeks. Just know that everyone's journey is different and some people lose really fast and others stall out and maintain for a bit. Don't freak out or worry. Bodies react differently to weight loss just like all of our bodies have reacted differently to the surgery.

I've had minimal issues so far. I've been able to drink Water since I came to from surgery. Was getting in my Protein as of day 4 post op and I was feeling extremely normal as soon as I started taking my Vitamins at 2.5 weeks post op. Walking/jogging has been pretty easy, but i have a job where I'm on my feet all day, so I didn't expect any issues there.

I go back to work on the 18th of Jan and I was sleeved on 12/15. I really wanted to give my body time to rest and heal before pushing it to being physically, mentally and emotionally functional for 10 hours a day. I feel like that's a reason I've had very few problems.

The biggest problem I've had (which my surgeon never brought up as a possible problem, especially for people who are prone to it) is Constipation. It's no joke when you're not getting Fiber, and even though I've gotten in 64+oz of Water in everyday... It's been a struggle. Miralax or milk of magnesia... Have it on hand.

Best of luck to the new class of losers, Jan 2016!!!! ????????????????

I'm about 3.5 weeks post op now, and I hit a stall around my 20 pound loss. Now that weight for me was a point where my body has been REALLY comfortable over the years, so I kinda expected it. I've been at my stall for almost 2 weeks. Just know that everyone's journey is different and some people lose really fast and others stall out and maintain for a bit. Don't freak out or worry. Bodies react differently to weight loss just like all of our bodies have reacted differently to the surgery.

I've had minimal issues so far. I've been able to drink Water since I came to from surgery. Was getting in my Protein as of day 4 post op and I was feeling extremely normal as soon as I started taking my Vitamins at 2.5 weeks post op. Walking/jogging has been pretty easy, but i have a job where I'm on my feet all day, so I didn't expect any issues there.

I go back to work on the 18th of Jan and I was sleeved on 12/15. I really wanted to give my body time to rest and heal before pushing it to being physically, mentally and emotionally functional for 10 hours a day. I feel like that's a reason I've had very few problems.

The biggest problem I've had (which my surgeon never brought up as a possible problem, especially for people who are prone to it) is Constipation. It's no joke when you're not getting Fiber, and even though I've gotten in 64+oz of Water in everyday... It's been a struggle. Miralax or milk of magnesia... Have it on hand.

Best of luck to the new class of losers, Jan 2016!!!!

I am being sleeved on 1/19. I am currently on pre-op liquid diet and haven't "gone" in 3 days. Bothers me some but I am not uncomfortable. Think I will get some miralax or something to help clean me out good! Also, even though I am just drinking liquids and eating steamed veggies as approved, I am not losing any weight. Possibly because I need to eliminate?

The biggest problem I've had (which my surgeon never brought up as a possible problem, especially for people who are prone to it) is Constipation. It's no joke when you're not getting fiber, and even though I've gotten in 64+oz of Water in everyday... It's been a struggle. Miralax or milk of magnesia... Have it on hand.

Best of luck to the new class of losers, Jan 2016!!!!

I seem to have the exact opposite problem with my BM's, very watery still after almost 2 weeks. I thought it was due to nothing but liquid going in (protein shakes, Soup, etc). I don't want to take anything, nor do I want to call the Dr. for something so minor- everything else has been perfect (no nausea, able to drink everything...feel great etc etc)

Hope everything went well today!!!

Day 3 post op, came home last night, nausea is gone, drinking liquids slowly, got the okay to advance to Protein Shakes today. Very tired but good. Just battling head-hunger now. No physical hunger, just a longing for delicious tasting foods! This will be a good exercise to change my way of viewing food! Hope everyone else is doing well!

I just had the endoscopy done the final task and was told i had inflammation of the esophogaus and have to take meds and retake the endoscopy in 8 weeks. I am bummed

Dec 30th, 2015 was my surgery. My head hunger has definitely returned. But it is amazing how 1/4 cup of cream of Tomato Soup fills me up. I do really want to chew on something (anything). I sometimes think about chewing on a piece of chicken and spitting it out. :) I don't! I am still working toward 64 oz of Water, but getting at least 40-42 oz. Really excited about getting to the next step of pureed foods. I stayed the 2 days in the hospital to make sure I had structure. Plus it was easier to walk around the hospital wing. I left the hospital on January 1, ( yes New Years Even in a hospital bed) only taking children's liquid Tylenol. I only took it a couple times a day for a couple days. I am up and active most of the day with a couple 15 min rests on my back to relax my stomach muscles. I don't think my lack of pain is at all normal, but very thankful. I am already dreading going back to work next week. Hope all is going well with all Dec and Jan "sleeves" !!

Constipation is the worst!! Over a month out and still having issues!

Good luck everyone!!!!

I was sleeved 12/28 not quite two weeks. I went back to work Monday 1 week later. I had pain maybe two days but more uncomfortable around the incisions (there are six small ones).

I've been struggling to get my Protein and fluids in. I'm doing better with the liquids. The hardest part so far was the and sometimes still is the head hunger. Someone mentioned earlier they just wanted to chew something that's me.

As if this morning I'm down 13 lbs, not much but a lot at the same time lol. I'll be starting puréed this weekend. I am looking forward to a soft scrambled egg. So I guess my biggest problem is I'm bored with my food options lol. I've already started making lists of new recipes I'll be trying with my family that are more health friendly. If anyone has any send them my way.

I was sleeved 12/08/15. Today was my one month checkup. Down exactly 25 pounds from day of surgery. Surgeon is very happy with everything and says I'm right on track with his expected progression. I know I should be ecstatic, but I feel like a failure. My brain doesn't accept that 25 pounds in a month is amazing and I NEVER could have done it without the sleeve. Something in my head is like "why only 25? You're losing too slow. You must be doing something wrong." I know it's crazy and I'm really excited about the loss(especially now that friends/family who haven't seen me since surgery are commenting on how noticeable it is already), but I can't help feeling like I'm doing something wrong and the weight should be coming off faster.

P.S. Yes, I'm hitting Protein goals as well as surpassing water...

I was sleeved 12/08/15. Today was my one month checkup. Down exactly 25 pounds from day of surgery. Surgeon is very happy with everything and says I'm right on track with his expected progression. I know I should be ecstatic, but I feel like a failure. My brain doesn't accept that 25 pounds in a month is amazing and I NEVER could have done it without the sleeve. Something in my head is like "why only 25? You're losing too slow. You must be doing something wrong." I know it's crazy and I'm really excited about the loss(especially now that friends/family who haven't seen me since surgery are commenting on how noticeable it is already), but I can't help feeling like I'm doing something wrong and the weight should be coming off faster.

P.S. Yes, I'm hitting Protein goals as well as surpassing Water...

My surgery was the 9th, I've lost 19lbs since then. I'm also meeting Protein and Water goals. Allow yourself to accept the reassurances you'd give me!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds good good luck .