Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

Mine was a bit different because I'm having a revision. My band flipped over so I it only took less than a month and the longest time was me waiting on the Dr appt for the X-rays and my records from my previous Dr to confirm what I told him. I was told by 2 other Dr's that it had to come out so my original date was 10/26 but I rescheduled. So in a nut shell no u didn't have to do anything was approved immediately

I started my process in September 16th saw the Dr on the 23 had exams on 29th I tand had a date on October 5th

I started my process on June 15th. I will have my 6th visit this Monday but still have to do a breathing test the day before Thanksgiving plus take a 2 day stress test on Dec 2nd and 3rd with results on the 7th. The surgeon is going out of the country Dec 15th for the Holiday. He only operates on Tuesday and Thursday. So it is looking like Jan or maybe even Feb for me. This process is taking much longer than I thought it would I was wishing it was before Christmas but there is no way that will happen. My insurance deductible and co-pay will be going up in 2016. Good luck to everyone having surgery in Nov and Dec. I wish I could join you.

Wow I hate to hear that ssflbelle....they are taking u through the ringer. My insurance only consists of 3 nut visit...I definitely wanted mine before Jan because after Jan my insurance will not cover it

Glad to hear 1vivacious you got your surgery date before Jan. Yes I do feel like they are putting me through the ringer but I know it is to make sure I wake up from the surgery. Being 60 in Jan and still having a BMI of over 50 I would rather they all be safe then me be gone. I have a lot more living to do and I want to live it to the fullest.

I've booked my surgery date for 14th January 2016! A long way off it feels but needed to get some things sorted at work/home first.. Otherwise I'd be doing it tomorrow if I could!! I'm from the UK :)

I went for my first visit to my surgeon in mid-July, and I'm scheduled for surgery Dec. 3. I can't wait. But in the meantime, on this mostly-liquid pre-op diet I'm so hungry.

December 7th and enjoying my pre-op liquid diet now (not!). B)

December 7th and enjoying my pre-op liquid diet now (not!). B)

I have the same date. No liquid diet here though. It sounds miserable. Good luck!

I am not really sticking to just liquids. My dr's plan was to drink 6-7 Slimfast/day for 2 weeks (not happening). I am basically doing Protein Drinks and allowing myself some fruit, raw veggies, small amount of Soup. Just keeping it 1000 - 1100 calories per day.

My last visit with my surgeon was last Wednesday, my surgical coordinator sent in the authorization to my insurance company on Friday, and I just got word that I was approved!

I've already been on my pre-op diet for a few days and was tentatively scheduled for December 1st so I was REALLY nervous about not hearing from my insurance or possibly getting denied. Looks like 1 week from today I'll be sleeved!

That gives me hope insurance if they received my authorization yesterday so just waiting to hear back so anxious!!

Doesn't help they told me can take 5 days and they're closed Thursday and Friday