Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would really like to talk with another person who has a stricture.

I have a stricture. Dilated once and its back. Going in for another dilation. My sleeve has been complicated and this all feels scary to me. I am 4 times more likely to leak with dilation, than my original surgery. If I leak I will be operated on. If i need 3-4 dilations then i will also need operated on.

When I had my leak, it was so relieving to talk to someone who had been in my shoes. I am really hoping to find someone to relate.

stricture. leak, talk to someone who had been in my shoes.

@@Sannah09

sorry you have had so many problems :(

unfortunately there was/is a need to have a board where people have had "issues"

go to main screen area

you will see............

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Complications Board

it does feel good to talk with others that have had similar problems to you

hope you feel better

sooner than later

on the positive side

you've lost 100 lbs!!!!

maybe pre-op and post op? :unsure:

thats one thing to be happy about :)

best wishes

good luck

kathy

Is my post not in the complications section? This is so odd. I am using the app and it shows i have posted in the complications section of VSG.

Thank you for the message. I hope you're doing well.

I have lost more than 100lbs, i have lost my life. I have had severely diminished quality of life since the sleeve. Needless to say i am very regretful and would gladly accept all weight back. But I cant go back in time. I am hoping some day to make peace with this all.

Edited by Sannah09

@@Sannah09 I can't help re the leak but just wante to send best wishes and hope you get this resolved soon.

Hugs

Kate

complications section?

@@Sannah09

oooooops :huh:

you did post in the right area, my mistake :huh:

i took an extra dummy pill instead of my Vitamins this morning :lol:

never had any problems during or after surgery, so i can't really relate to your sad story :(

i can only imagine the physical and mental pain you've been through :mellow:

read the complications board (i'm sure you have already been skimming through)

there ARE others who have had similar problems to yours :angry:

or unfortunately have experience problems

misery loves company :(

you said................

"I have lost more than 100lbs, i have lost my life. I have had severely diminished quality of life since the sleeve. Needless to say i am very regretful and would gladly accept all weight back. But I cant go back in time. I am hoping some day to make peace with this all."

I don't like it when people on the board so "freely"/quickly suggest therapy to someone

that being said - in your case i am going to contradict myself

you are wisely already seeking help from others on the board that have similar problems ;)

are you ok to reach into your pocketbook for some money to seek out therapy/help??? ^_^

maybe your surgeon or reg doc can make a suggestion on where to go to talk

maybe you can ask surgeon if you could get a patients name of someone else who had similar problems

there are hippa rules

after talking to doc, maybe receptionist could call someone in your position

she could ask that person if he/she would mind talking to you

if that is agreeable to other patient

then the office would give other person your phone # or email

and you can connect/talk on the phone or meet

as you said I "cant go back in time. I am hoping some day to make peace with this all."

this is very important - it might/will take awhile to get to a good place

do you have any family/friends you can just talk to

even if they hadn't had surgery

if they are a true friend/family that are willing to listen to your venting that would probably help you (couldn't hurt)

i'm extremely sorry for all you've been through

you were dealt a bad hand of cards :o

terrible!!!

i think you must talk and deal with the past and present before you can move forward into the future

hope things do slowly improve, sooner than later :blush:

wishes sent your way towards peace and happiness

who deserves it more ^_^

Best of Luck

kathy

You might want to p.m. NPRcowboy, as I recall he had issues with a leak following surgery. He seems to be recovered now, and doing better.

oh Sannah

I wish I could make it better for you. My quality of life has been changed forever, too.Work (RN, BSN), money issues depression. I am sure you are familiar with all of it. Your last post made me so sad....I hope you are not alone...you have a child i think? keep reaching out - here, family, friends wherever. I know that I will never be the same physically and will always be monitored for malnutrition I do not want a j tube ever again). Chronic fatigue, not knowing if you are gonna throw up, gastroparesis, cyclic vomiting syndrome...sheesh. BUT, we need to keep going. get up and do what we need to do for ourselves!

So, I am here for you as well as other I am sure. The post from Kathy (proudgrammy) is full of wisdom. you just get through this one minute at at time....take it in, breath and start again.

trish :) :blink: (that one is me pre-barf period)!!!!heehhee

I have two kids. A little girl who is 3.5 and a son who just turned turned 10 months.

post-135509-14368359390241_thumb.jpg post-135509-14368360018589_thumb.jpg post-135509-1436836014781_thumb.jpg

Thank you kindly kate. I hope you're doing well v

Proudgrandma,

Thank you for the message.

I have been in and out of counseling since my sleeve. I have had trouble processing all if this. I have developed anxiety about my health and medical procedures.

I think anyone who is in my situation would feel they have lost their life. I feel like my family is ripped off. I am not able to carry my weight and do what i want and desire. I am 33 years old i should be able to live more freely. It seems my life is living me, rather than me living my life.

I have struggled to find normalcy in chaos for too long.

My family is very loving and very supportive. My husband is the most patient and dedicated i could ask for.

I didnt know living with an hour glass stomach would be so painful.

counseling since my sleeve, anxiety about my health and medical procedures.

family is loving and supportive.

husband patient and dedicated

@@Sannah09

hi

when were you sleeved?

did the problems start right away??

very glad you are going to therapist - talking to a professional

hubby sounds like a keeper ;)

through sickness and health right ;)

how is your 3.5 year old cutie (great pic) responding to your "situation"? :(

are you able to pick up little 10 month old, care for him??

you have a wonderful support group :)

the above is all very important, BUT, once again your story is so sad

no one deserves to go through this :(

i can't imagine anything you are going through

are you able to walk without any problems

(except the pain of course :angry: )

get out of the house and go to a movie??

my ignorance/lack knowledge is showing below :(

could they convert sleeve to the gastric bypass??

is that physically possible with your circumstances

changing from sleeve to gastric bypass, would that be helpful???

you can't get "rid" of the sleeve - so would the above do anything positive??

you've probably already thought/dealt with the above (a long with doc)

wondering what the problem would be if you did the reversal

is your body too sick with the problems, that the above is unthinkable?? :(

how is doc dealing/helping you???

is he sympathetic?

looking and looking for ways to mentally and physically help you??

he is the ONLY one that is continuing to be your surgeon?

does he feel remorseful?

finger pointing doesn't really help

its exhausting to waste your energy on what has happened :wacko:

butttttt - did he screw things up??

is he at fault???

please don't give up, hope that ONE day things will improve

hope is something you can/must hold on to

(hope that doesn't sound trite with all your problems, but a little hope goes a long way

if you are religious - prayer could be good too

i wish i could give you that magic pill :mellow:

all your problems would disappear into thin air

i am opening my arms to you :)

giving you a "careful" hug

i don't want to hurt/break you :mellow:

take care my friend :)

kathy

I have a stricture. I had my first dilation yesterday and it didn't work.

How is it going with you? Did they tell you you were likely to leak because my doctor didn't mention that. :(

Hi Sannah

beautiful children!! I think your original picture had a banana phone - right??!!! I can completely understand when you say that you feel that you should be able to do more, help out, live a better life....I am in and out of bed for days and cannot work much ( RN, BSN). Just had more labs done today. So sick and tired of being tired!!!! Nausea is unrelentless and I finished my antibiotics for the H. Pylori and within 2 days, pain again so they think that was not really the problem although it did help with epigastric pain so maybe the ulcers are better. I just know that something is wrong. I see a therapist like you, and I am grateful for that. I guess I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that others care and want you to get better!

trish