Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

protein shake suggestions?

Hi! I was just sleeved on June 23rd, and My surgeon requires a month of liquids post op (shakes, yogurt, pudding, broth) before moving into soft foods. Well it takes me about an hour to finish a Protein Shake now and they all taste so bad (warm) after about 15 minutes!

Here's what I've tried so far:

Premier Protein

Fit frappe chocolate

Fit frappe vanilla

Any other suggestions?? Ways to get in Protein that has worked for you?? Thanks (:

I liked premier, GNC lean 25 (my favorite is Orange cream), ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrate, Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel, ProtiDiet Tomato basil and creamy chicken Soups, WonderSlim dark chocolate pudding.

I would recommend getting some sample packs and just keep trying different ones until you find what works for you.

I also like Premier Protein and they are so convenient being ready to drink. I also like Jay Robb brand that I get at the Vitamin Shoppe, it is powder only. No matter the brand they will all take you a while to drink but it will get better as you go. Until you can drink a whole shake in a short time, pour them into smaller amounts to drink while you keep the rest refrigerated.

Have you tried putting the powder in other things, like pudding? you can even make pudding out of your Protein Powder by putting less Water in it than is required, stir it up and freeze it. Another idea is to make pudding pops, with the Protein mixed in. From what I've found, it doesn't matter how many Protein Shakes you switch to, eventually they will always taste the same. No matter the brands I've tried, they have all been a chalky consistency no matter how much I try to mask the flavors! Thankfully I now get all of my protein from foods, or Protein Bars. The liquid diet will pass by very quickly! Check out the forum for some good recipes to make things interesting so you don't go crazy eating the same thing over and over. I will probably not eat pudding again for a very long time. Good luck!

I also like Premier Protein and they are so convenient being ready to drink. I also like Jay Robb brand that I get at the Vitamin Shoppe, it is powder only. No matter the brand they will all take you a while to drink but it will get better as you go. Until you can drink a whole shake in a short time, pour them into smaller amounts to drink while you keep the rest refrigerated.

I love that idea!!! Definitely will be trying it with my final shake tonight!

Have you tried putting the powder in other things, like pudding? you can even make pudding out of your Protein powder by putting less Water in it than is required, stir it up and freeze it. Another idea is to make pudding pops, with the protein mixed in. From what I've found, it doesn't matter how many Protein Shakes you switch to, eventually they will always taste the same. No matter the brands I've tried, they have all been a chalky consistency no matter how much I try to mask the flavors! Thankfully I now get all of my protein from foods, or protein bars. The liquid diet will pass by very quickly! Check out the forum for some good recipes to make things interesting so you don't go crazy eating the same thing over and over. I will probably not eat pudding again for a very long time. Good luck!

I'll try the pudding pop idea! I've been mixing my unflavored powder into my yogurt and puddings, but a pudding or yogurt pop sounds great!

I liked premier, GNC lean 25 (my favorite is Orange cream), ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrate, Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel, ProtiDiet Tomato basil and creamy chicken Soups, WonderSlim dark chocolate pudding.

I would recommend getting some sample packs and just keep trying different ones until you find what works for you.

I will look into some of the brands! I know that my Dr's office offers Proti brand stuff and has samples! Thanks for the suggestions!

Premier chocolate with coco PB2 and ice in the blender. I also add 2 scoops of low carb Isopure Protein powder for 50 extra gms protein! 80 gms protein total I sip it all day stays cold for a while then I put it back I fridge. Wait a couple hours and sip some more. Taste like Reese! Like a milkshake. So good! Low fat low carb low calorie! It's perfect!

I use GNC Total Lean. It comes in different flavors and has 25 grams of Protein. You can get it pre-made bottles or powder form and mix your own.

Unjury is the best I've tried, it doesn't have that taste that most do

I was using GNC total lean but now it makes me gag. Have switched to Unjury. Much better.

I prefer unjury to the Bariatric Advantage I bought. Put powder in blender with whichever liquid you want to use along with a few ice cubes to cool it off.

I second Unjury being the best for my tastebuds. I was surviving on EAS advantEDGE but it was a chore. I look forward to my morning chocolate splendor shake from unjury