Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Bariatric Family!

I had my 2nd fill last Wednesday 17th June and I was given 2cc's.

I now have 6cc's in a 10cc band.

I have been given my fills a little faster than normal but that is because I live in the UK and had my surgery here but I work in the US. I took 3 months off work for my surgery, recovery and to get used to the eating habits of the band but I have to go back to work soon, then I will not be back to the UK till December.

I was a bit disappointed when I went for my fill as since my first fill 3 weeks earlier I had only lost 3lbs and when getting weighed in the morning before my fill I had gained a 1lb :( I had been following my eating plan and exercising everyday so I was a little frustrated but I was staying positive as at least I was loosing and not gaining.

After this fill I could immediately feel a difference. I was on liquids for 2 days, mushy for 2 days and then onto normal food. During my first meal and first bite although I am always scared, take small bites and go slow, I don't know if it got stuck but it took a really long time to go down and gave me a pain in my chest so I had to rub, breathe and after a few minutes take a small sip of Water. I don't know what that was but it happened a few times during the first few times of eating, but I made my bite sizes much smaller and now I eat much slower and even have food left after the 20 minutes of eating (which didn't really happen before), so this is not happening anymore. In the morning I am not hungry so I just have coffee then have my lunch a little earlier and since my fill I have lost 10lbs :) I am so happy! I know you say don't focus on the scale but I can't help myself :) I'm not getting hungry at all.

I'm not sure if this means I'm in the green zone but I have to monitor myself for the next 2 weeks as to see if I need a small 0.5cc fill before I leave. What do you think?

You are almost in Onederland, yippee! Sounds like you are doing beautifully and really learning how your body and band work together. If it were me I wouldn't want to get too tight and risk the red zone, but every one is different. I have had several fills and also two small unfills in-between -- now it's been many months and I probably need a fill again, or at least a visit with the surgeon to assess that. I find it a little tricky when I'm so close, but I'd rather have a little less than too much. Best wishes to you -- you're doing great!

Thanks Bandista, that is very helpful....You are so right.

I just had my first fill yesterday...4cc. I was on liquids for 24 hrs and just had a very small "lunch" but at like 10am because I really was not hungry for Breakfast but did drunk an Unjury sample. ????I'm really trying to listen to my body. But I think I'm hungry still??? Can't figure out if it's in my head or what. Feels kinda like my tummy growling now...and only been 2.5 hrs. Guess 1 fill just ain't gonna cut it. I am 6wks post op btw.

Edited by Soonergal91

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches