Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 29th Bypass Surgery

So I had to go get some new pants today because even with my belt they were starting to slip and just looked horrible I thought on me.... I had to get pants 3 sizes smaller... I couldn't believe it

Been craving something dangerously sweet and fattening alllllll night. Ice cream, or cake or chocolate. Opted out for this... One banana, one spoonful of Peanut Butter, one scoop of whey vanilla, ice, and one cup of milk. #YUM almost reminds me of Reese's ???? I bet chocolate Protein would really do the trick post-257464-14418528285598_thumb.jpg

Went yesterday for my follow up. I've lost 46 pounds so far, but my blood work levels are dangerously low (doc's exact words). My thiamine (B1) is >7 and my Vitamin A is low as well. Hmmm...maybe it's because I'm not taking my Vitamins daily. Ugh. I hate them but now I'm staying on top of it. That was a dose of reality for me. I've never had problems with my blood work before. Thought maybe they'd stay that way and I was "invincible". Boy was I wrong! I might be losing the weight, but you can't lose more weight once you're dead!

At this point, I'm allowed to have it but I'm terrified to try it again, it hurts like a bee still for me ! So it depends when you can tolerate it. A lot of people complain about chewable vitamins but I still take them because I end up drinking a glass of Water in between chewing each one. I use Building blocks & they're not bad. Get in your Vitamins girls ! Lol

Just wanted to see how everything is going for everyone. I am 11 weeks out and have lost 45 pounds since my surgery date. I was at 313 when I started my appointments. I was 284 the day of my surgery. This morning I was at 239. I am happy with my process. I have a hard time with eating meat so I am finding alternate Protein. I am learning my new body.

post-256750-14424978422479_thumb.jpg

You look great!! I can definitely see it!! I myself am down 47 pounds as of today! I have reached the weight I was pre pregnancies!! I've noticed that when I get my period I plateau, so I'm thinking this is going to be the new norm. My next goal is to 199 pounds. Small goals help me. I do not like red meat anymore and cheese makes me get the dumping syndrome. So I guess it's good that I can't tolerate those because they aren't that great for me anyway. I went to the dr for my follow up and he said I was doing well, but my bloodwork was not good at all. (This is because I wasn't taking vitamins). Since then, I have been taking them and I notice a difference in my complexion. I was very pale and now I'm starting to get my color back. So hopefully that means my levels are stabilizing. It was a rude awakening for me because my bloodwork has never been off, always perfect. So when I saw how low my levels were, reality set in that I'm not invincible. Keep up the great work!!

You look amazing!

Hey Yall!!

I'm glad that everyone is doing well. I am doing great. I have lost 51lbs since surgery.

Edited by IamKe69

Oh my gosh guys! I am in misery! My sons bday is today so we went to chili's for dinner. I had a few tortilla chips and Soup. Now, I feel like complete shit. I have been throwing up pure liquid but internally my pouch is hurting for short bursts of time. Ughhhhh. This is awful!!!

Oh my gosh guys! I am in misery! My sons bday is today so we went to chili's for dinner. I had a few tortilla chips and Soup. Now, I feel like complete ****. I have been throwing up pure liquid but internally my pouch is hurting for short bursts of time. Ughhhhh. This is awful!!!

Oh no!! Feel better!! That's really strange, especially since we are all pretty much healed and it was soup! I dump from tortilla chips, but not to the point of vomiting. I have yet to throw up! I hope you find relief soon.

I've learned that I can't eat tortilla chips either. They make me puke as well.