Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 29th Bypass Surgery

I'm good!! I've lost 40 pounds so far. Reached a goal today by getting to weight I was when I got married!! I set small goals for myself to keep going and it's working. How about you?

I'm good!! I've lost 40 pounds so far. Reached a goal today by getting to weight I was when I got married!! I set small goals for myself to keep going and it's working. How about you?

I'm good! Being back to work has helped a lot (I'm a teacher) and I'm at 35 lbs down. I still have a looong way to go but I'm very happy! I worried about being back to work with the food issues but it has been great for me!

Hey girl, it's been awhile....

Feeling like myself again, still get tired easily on some days. Started the gym and got a trainer. Weight is starting to fall off for me-finally ! I lose like a pound every time I work out lol.

I'm down 36 pounds and i just about need a new pair of scrubs for work lol. Glad you and everyone is doing better! Who would of thought we'd feel normal again ?! ????

Hey girl, it's been awhile....

Feeling like myself again, still get tired easily on some days. Started the gym and got a trainer. Weight is starting to fall off for me-finally ! I lose like a pound every time I work out lol.

I'm down 36 pounds and i just about need a new pair of scrubs for work lol. Glad you and everyone is doing better! Who would of thought we'd feel normal again ?! ????

That is soooo true! I'm actually back to feeling good! I never thought it would take so long but ultimately it was worth it. I hope the weight keeps falling off for you! I don't have a trainer I have first graders. Lol! Keep me posted on your progress!!

I am doing ok. I only lost 9 pounds in five weeks. I have had some issues. I was in the hospital with an impacted bowel and I throw up when I have anything very solid. Very discouraged right now.

I'm doing good, I've lost about 38 pounds since surgery and a total of about 61 since my first appointment with the surgeons office

Good luck with your kiddies Kelly ! My trainer flaked on me the last 2 weeks so I now get a new trainer and a free month of training ! Blessing in disguise ! Glad everyone is doing good ! Smiley bear, I'm so sorry to hear that! I really hope everything turns around quickly for you !

Question, how did you know that you had an impacted bowel?

Hello everyone :)

Hope all of you are doing well !

I just wanted to share a new meal I learned yesterday... I'm a chickentarian lol and I finally found something else that I like and it is yummy !

Don't shoot me if you're already doing this!

Have you considered...

Spaghetti squash with ground beef ?

It is so yummy and tastes like the real thing ! Spaghetti squash is my new best friend, it's cheap and easy to make. Season it the way you like (I did olive oil, salt pepper and garlic) and add cheese. Ladies it feels like you're cheating on your diet but it's healthy !

Okay I'm done lol I'm just happy I found something different from what I've been eating.

Have a good day ! post-257464-14411507679608_thumb.jpg

@TeeNahh. That looks good! I have a Co worker who makes that spaghetti squash too and she loves it! I really need to give it a try. How do you cook the squash?

It honestly tastes like Pasta when you season it...

You cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, then use olive oil salt pepper, whatever you like - I used garlic powder as well. Then you line a pan with foil and place the cut side down, add a little Water so it's not sizzling and cover it. Preheat the oven 450 and leave it in there for 30-45 mins, mine took about 45-50 mins and at 35 mins I uncovered it. If you can pierce a fork through the squash, (through the peel) it's ready.

Let it cool down for 10 mins or so and then use a fork from top to bottom and rake it. Super easy. I add olive oil and other spices only to my serving instead of the whole bowl.

Hope you love it ! Also it's a yellow squash and it looks like an elongated melon, it says spaghetti squash on it :)

Edited by TeeNahh

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!