Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Daddy Burger!

I'm so glad I haven't had the desire for a burger since pre-op. I lived on fast food burgers and fries. That has been lifted and it amazes me.

We are all so different. I appreciate the taste of beef much more than I did before. Now, in maintenance, I occasionally enjoy "Protein style*" burgers from In and Out. Especially when I get them with lots of pickles.

*At In and Out Burger, Protein style means wrapped in lettuce, no bun.

I'm so glad I haven't had the desire for a burger since pre-op. I lived on fast food burgers and fries. That has been lifted and it amazes me.

We are all so different. I appreciate the taste of beef much more than I did before. Now, in maintenance, I occasionally enjoy "Protein style*" burgers from In and Out. Especially when I get them with lots of pickles.

*At In and Out Burger, Protein style means wrapped in lettuce, no bun.

Oh I love beef. I eat beef and ground beef all the time. I just haven't craved it in a burger, and don't miss fries at all. I used to go to Wendy's three or four times a week for a double cheese. Now I go once a month for a cup of chili and don't even think about the burgers.

I agree the burger was overkill...BUT a fried egg over easy on a cheeseburger! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That is the way to go! That's how good burger joints here in Texas do it ( most have it on the menu). Then again...I just had this nice sleeve installed from this junk..LOL! I will miss a fried egg burger. SO good, the yolk oozing makes it the bomb...oh...and it needs bacon and jalapenos. I call it the Border Breakfast Burger. HEHEHE...good times..good times..now are going to be BETTER TIMES! Gonna go drink a Protein shake and dream it's the burger...then run like GUMP to work it off!!

When I go out to eat I have no emotional response or judgement about what others eat. While the thread wasn't really targeted at anyone and certainly was not overly harsh...over the years I have read so many posts of the newly thin being disgusted by big eaters and obesity....so my comment isnt really about THIS thread just a cumulative response to the general topic of "oh my I can't believe how much OTHER people eat" now that I have been "saved" by LES.

I think a country western song sums it up for me...I have enough going on to keep my own house in order...

"Biscuits"

Taking down your neighbor won't take you any higher

I burned my own damn finger pokin' someone else's fire

I've never gotten taller makin' someone else feel small

If you ain't got nothin' nice to say don't say nothin' at all

Just hoe your own row and raise your own babies

Smoke your own smoke and grow your own daisies

Mend your own fences and own your own crazy

Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy

Nobody's perfect, we've all lost and we've all lied

Most of us have cheated, the rest of us have tried

The holiest of holies even slip from time to time

We've all got dirty laundry hangin' on the line

So hoe your own row and raise your own babies

Pourin' salt in my sugar won't make yours any sweeter

Pissin' in my yard ain't gonna make yours any greener

And I wouldn't know about the rocks in your shoes

So I'll just do me and honey you can just do you

So hoe your own row and raise your own babies

Just sit and watch the commercials on TV concerning food.....What are people thinking?

Every pizza commercial just gets more disgusting than the other one....burgers too....

And the marketeers keep pushing this because surveys show this is what people want?

I am one of those, that after surgery, my hunger and appetite, cravings has been halted...along with my "Taste Buds" and desire to eat at all. food just does not interest me in the slightest anymore. Matter of fact, it turns me off!

And watching TV is just unbelievable!!

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to wind up being happy eating as I'm still learning about what my body will tolerate - and it seems to shift which is confusing for me. For instance I've always loved avocado (super healthy oils loads of Vitamins and Fiber - good stuff) and was happy to be able to have some at a week or two out from surgery. However yesterday - at slightly over 3 weeks out I had a tiny cup of cubed ripe avocado with a little salt and lemon and I thought I would die after a couple of pieces. The weird thing is that while I'm sure the lemon made it worse, I think it was actually the avocado that my body was having issues with as I added a tiny amount into a broth based Soup later that evening and had that same response. I mean I know things are changing as I suddenly canned Soup can seem spicy when I used to put a couple scotch bonnets into my homemade chili along with the jalapenos, (so hoping my spice tolerance goes back up) but avocado is practically baby food.

That said - that burger (shared out with 8-10 other people) sounded awesome just now. And while I absolutely hope that my food tolerances are healthier in general, I really didn't like being on the receiving end of fat shaming before this surgery and I kind of find myself uncomfortable being on the other side of it now. We on this site literally had to remove portions of our bodies in order to get our health and eating under control. I'm not feeling as though I'm in any position to be morally superior about this one.