Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Irma! My days the 21st.:)

Hi Phoenix924-- I also am having surgery on 7/21. Hope yours goes well and we can keep in contact.

You should join the Facebook group. There's a few of us on the 21st:)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464372037211615/

Edited by Phoenix924

I'm July 17th and getting very nervous. Starting to second guess this decision. Anyone able to offer some reassurance. Pros and cons Not getting a lot of support at home. Really feeling unsure.

These first few days aren't easy. You'll be real sore until the incision Inside heals. But so many have told that feel it is totally worth it. I

Had my surgery on Tuesday

Here it is Friday an I'm feeling better everyday . If this what you want don't let anybody discourage you

Hi had my surgery Monday,feeling better n better everyday! Still find it hard to get all fulids in an Protein but getting there. C doc Tuesday to get staples out. Hoping he puts me on puree foods!

I'm July 17th and getting very nervous. Starting to second guess this decision. Anyone able to offer some reassurance. Pros and cons Not getting a lot of support at home. Really feeling unsure.

I'm July 17th also. I was extremely concerned as well, to the extent that I contacted the NUT and told her I was having second thoughts. But I had a break through while watching the TV show "Smile" (it's a show that gives people with atrocious teeth free, dramatic dental rehab). It hit me all the negative consequences I've suffered because of obesity: I can't really date, I'm not perceived as attractive, I can't dress the way I'd like, my physical pain is the worst it's ever been, people make extremely hurtful, humiliating comments... Obesity has so many consequences for that I have to find a method to improve my quality of life, and diets have not been able to do that for me. This is my best shot, IMHO, even I fail I'll know I've exhausted all options...

Yay my first 17th buddy. I know we can do this. Although nervous and concerned about the unknown. I think we will both come out with flying colors. He's to a new lease on life attitude, wardrobe, health , energy. Cheers to us.

I will be having last of July or first Aug. I am so ready to do this. Yes nervous but ready for new me. My husband is going to have it couple weeks after me. If he don't back out???? he can't get over the cutting his food up into extra small bites.

I'm the 14th as well and it's getting really close :) but now the nerves are setting in

Hello everyone! My surgery was recently scheduled for July 31st @ 10am with 8am admission. Johns Creek, GA. I'm very excited and not quite nervous yet. Pre-op appointment is on the 22nd. I'm new to the site and omg, there's so much to read here, I love it.

Making it brief for the moment. Need to go work on my story and other good stuff to share with everyone. I'll let you be for now. My best wishes for all of you so close to your surgery date, those still days and weeks on countdown, and those who have crossed over to the new beginning of healthier life!

Ciao,

Shinnystar :)

@Cognorati001@kymba0827

We can all be buddies. I'm scheduled for surgery on the 17th also. Just started my pre-op diet today. Not loving it :-( Got a headache from caffeine & carb withdrawal, but I know it will be better in a day or so. At least that what everyone tells me. Hope it's true!

I kicked caffeine 4 months ago it wasn't bad after a week without it

Thanks Haley! I was just coming on to look for a July Sleevers group on Facebook I dont get on here much :)