Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow....40 pounds is alot of weight

I had to move a bag of grain. Normally I would put on a handcart or wheelbarrow but was in a hurry so I carried it up a small hill to the feeding area. I put it up on my shoulder.

Omg...within a minute my calves and legs were burning with that added weight on the climb. Then my back started in...then my knee joints...then I realized I felt like this ALL THE TIME pre weight loss.

Absolutely incredible since I lost 160# post sleeve and now carrying 40 just about does me in. Makes me grateful for my success makes me remorseful for how badly my body was punished for decades by that weight.

It is crazy what we are carrying around. There is a site called ilostwhat.com and if you key in what you lost in pounds it gives you a real life item of equivalent weight. It can be quite funny!

It is crazy...sometimes I forget how much I've actually lost. A woman who works for me is about 4'6" (I'm 5'10") she told me last week - you've lost a "me"!

Of course the website @@ShrinkingPeach mentioned points out that I've lost the equivalent of 4,932 pencils! LOL

The office I used to work in had a Water cooler that used those 5 gallon water bottles. One of those weighs 40 pounds. When I had lost 80 pounds, I tried holding one in each hand and could not believe how much weight that was!

Well I guess I have known all this...been at goal for awhile but it was the physical pain. And achy knees and joints that just kinda bopped me in the head.

I continue to work on forgiving myself for this self abuse. I can't really in good conscious call it anything else.

4 lemurs here - I'm not going to go pick them up :) but you've made me think. It seems obvious, but I never consciously considered it either.

May we all recover from the abuse we put ourselves through!

I have lost 150 pounds and feel the same way. Those Water bottles are heavy. Sad in a way. But grateful for all our success'. Love the new size 2 me! And the clothes...can't quit spending money. Going on a shopping trip to Chicago this weekend. That's going to put a dent in the ole pocket book. Congrats everyone on your success!