Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm two weeks out from surgery this Tuesday. I have so many questions and concerns. Like, is it normal to have 11 laparoscopic incisions from this surgery? Does anyone else have this weird bump from surgery? The nurse says it's normal from sitting but it can be very uncomfortable when walking. Is it normal to be afraid to try to eat? I'll be going to mushy goods soon and I'm afraid I'm gonna pop a staple or something.

I'm one week out this coming Tuesday. I have 5 incisions with 2 appearing to inflict the most pain. My second midline incision was a bit swollen and purple but it has gone down significantly. I'm not afraid to eat, I'm afraid eat the wrong foods.

I'm afraid of eating the wrong things, too. I'm using the Atkins drinks blended with ice for Protein as well as Chike (alternating days) but I can never finish them. I can control marks when the family has normal foods, but I still want it. This is gonna be a real struggle.

I'm worried from the moment my feet touch the floor everyday.

I was doing ok....I still am having multiple issues, but I felt a bit more under control, and see the surgeon tomorrow morning again.

I however woke up from a nap and did that hiccupy burp thing and my chest L side started hurting again, like it did when I was trying to get rid of all that gas right after surgery. It's been at least 4 days since that pain subsided...does it come back? Is something else wrong? I'm afraid I'll drive myself nuts with this stuff.

Then there is the whole...when is blood sugar too low? I start showing signs of low blood sugar anywhere below 100. I've woken up with 85's the past 4 days and it only gets up to 115 Now I know that's normal. I should be happy, but I guess I'm so used to high blood sugar, I'm freaking out that it's too low. I stopped taking all my diabetes meds at this point, until I see my Surgeon, tomorrow.

Any help, ideas, thoughts? I guess mostly I'm afraid. Afraid of screwing up, or just keeling over because I don't know what I'm doing, or looking for the right signs that something is really wrong.

At six weeks, my incisions are healed, which means I can start back in the pool tomorrow.... a big day for me. At two weeks, they were far from healed, sounds normal. At two weeks, I was still sore rolling over in bed, sitting up, walking. At six weeks, no soreness at all and can once again lift over ten pounds.

I can't wait for all this soreness to finally end. I'm still having trouble laying flat in the bed, but this recliner is just getting old. I'm freaking out because my husband was supposed to get off work until the 22nd per surgeon's request, but his Sgt is making go back to work this Friday. We have a very clingy toddler who constantly wants to be held. There's no way to rock him or pick him up so soon.

Carolm, I wish I had some words off wisdom, but I don't. We share the same concerns.

My incisions are barely healed. I'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I am this week only beginning to bend over, lift a bit more, sleep on my stomach, etc. totally normal!

It gets better. You just had major surgery. I am 6 weeks out and I still have a hard time sleeping on my sides. I have a lump above my belly button, but it has started to go down. The pain in my belly button was bad for the first month. The one thing I can say is the more I walked the better I felt. It wasn't comfortable at first, but i managed. Eating is trial and error. Just keep doing what you are doing. It's going to get better!

Oh thank goodness for you kind people!

I wonder if I don't do myself in with all the stress too.

Still having these chest pains but I'm going to lie down and relax a bit and see if that doesn't help. I ate some cream Soup, that was comforting, and drank some Water. Everything seemed to be ok with that. Maybe I'm just stressed out. I don't do so well on my own, when I am sick, and my sister left today she was here the last 4 days helping me out, but had to go home.

I do see my Surgeon tomorrow, so I can find out all the answers I need. Including how to know when I really need to just go to ER. I've had diarrhea since the day I got home, as I am on antibiotics, (port site infection) and every shake I drink goes right through me, after I'm done drinking it, and I've not made it to the bathroom in time a few times already! It is that immediate. My surgeon was aware, and his nurse said he'd call back if he needed to on Friday....he never did, so here I am low blood sugar, no food staying with me....beside myself. According to my scale... I have lost 9 lbs though in the last 5 days. I'll see what the official scale says tomorrow.

I am so sorry, @@crystalefinley that your support has to go back to work too. Especially with a baby that needs to be taken care of. My heart goes out to you.

We'll get through this, together, all of us!

Prayers and well wishes for all. <3

Yes we will. I've not had the bathroom problem yet. I'm only doing one Protein Shake per day but very slowly. I have had some intent mashed potatoes thinned with chicken broth, and less than half a small mashed potatoes with gravy from KfC and did well with that. Just a couple tbsp of anything fills me up. I've liquefied some peaches with Greek yogurt, ice and low fat milk and that was okay (the kids really liked it). I'm just taking it very slow. I'm posting things get better for us all. The struggle is harder than I imagined it would be.

I'm just about two weeks out myself. I know the feeling. I am still hurting at my incision sites. I have 6 of them one of which is deep stitched due to a complication and that site and the tube site seem to give me the most pain. I also find that though I am bending and moving around better I still cannot sit for too long in one position or stand too long without a sharp pains stabbing through my mid section. As far as food and stuff goes, I am ashamed to say I STILL cannot get 64oz of fluids in me. The most I've gotten is around 32oz. I won't even get into the lack of Protein, I just cannot stomach it. food though, I literally did not eat or drink anything other than Water for the first week or more. I slowly got into apple sauce which i have been eating 1 oz a day since. Today I am happy to report I was able to muster up the courage to try some turkey deli meat and I had no problems. Tomorrow I plan to try an egg. Im sorry to be so long winded but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my stubble. best of luck to you!

I am six weeks out, but when I was two weeks, the food I could eat was cream of wheat Cereal with a scoop of EAS (Target) vanilla Protein powder, and a bit of skim milk/powdered milk mix (cold). I can eat other foods now, but this is the way I got my Protein early on. Good luck!

I'm Two weeks out and my incisions are all scabbed and good. I sleep on my side I can RolL over gingerly. I only took a week off I feel like I had to hut the ground running. I'm basically back to full speed just get tired faster. I had a quick recovery

Plain Protein Powder in ice cold Water with crystal light is great! Protein and Fluid.