Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Best news we discovered during this week's surgery is that Dr. Ortiz no longer requires the drain for sleeve patients, UNLESS it is a revision. Neither of my daughters required a drain. Yeah!

Their surgery was Monday; they were released to the hotel on Tuesday, and we returned to the OCC at noon on Weds for the barium swallow test. We asked if we could return to the states that afternoon and he said sure! So Omar, the OCC driver picked us up at 4:30 and we were back in San Diego by 6:00pm Weds night. We fly out today at 5:00pm.

Can't believe how fast it went.

Yay!! It's been so great to keep up with your experience down there. My surgery is coming up so fast! Really giving me peace of mind to read your posts. Excited about the drain news. I was dreading that part.

Wishing your daughters, great recovery and awesome results!

Question for the awesome post-ops that had to travel long distance. I live in Atlanta and due to some work issues I'll have to fly home the day I'm released. I'm concerned about flying so soon after surgery especially such a long distance. I'm looking at flights with a stop/layover just so I can walk around if i need to. Has anyone flown home so soon after surgery and how did you feel?

The flight time including layover is around 6-7hours.

Thanks everyone!!! I don't know what I'd do without this group!!

My surgery is the 19th and I am returning to Atlanta on the 24th.  I have a non-stop flight from San Diego to Atlanta. Like you, I was worried about time/distance so I went ahead and upgraded to first class. The price difference was about $280. I get more leg room and plus I have a wider aisle to get up and walk.

Edited by gtmikki

My surgery is on the 29th! So excited!

I have finally gotten flight reservations, passport, and a date. The 23rd of Jan. Anyone else?

We did 1st class on our return trip. We also requested wheelchair assistance! I recommend that to EVERYONE who will be traveling by plane. Requesting a wheelchair is just smart cuz you for sure get to load the plane first and you don't have to fight the line walking down the skyway. 1st class was heaven! You are at the front of the plane and your bathroom access is just steps away. No fighting the cart in coach. The stewardess comes to you and waits on you personally. Yup, the only way to go! Our flight from San Diego to Sea-Tac (Seattle) was just over 2 1/2 hrs. The girls were taken by wheel chair from the checkin counter to their gate. They waited in their wheelchairs until we boarded. They took them down the skyway to the door of the plane. Only a few steps to their seats. The wheelchairs were waiting for them when we deplaned. They were taken to the front door where our ride was waiting for us. Sooooo nice.

OK EVERYONE SO I HAVE MOVED MY SURGERY DATE TO 2/6/15 DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS DATE.???

Anyone here NOT use the vitaleph suppliments? They are SO costly!

OK EVERYONE SO I HAVE MOVED MY SURGERY DATE TO 2/6/15 DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS DATE.???

a

Oh no!! You had to reschedule again?

Anyone here NOT use the vitaleph suppliments? They are SO costly!

I never used OCC's products (they were called Enspira when I had surgery). I prefer whole food based Vitamins. I was taking Source of Life Gold chewables before surgery, but postop everything tasted way too sweet so I switched to Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women because it came in capsules. They contain Probiotics, digestive enzymes and no chemically synthesized vitamins. They are so good, I only take 1/2 the recommended daily dose and my bloodwork is great. I do also take a B12 sublingual and Vitamin D 3 days a week. I was able to discontinue my Iron and Calcium supplements.< /p>

I never used OCC's products (they were called Enspira when I had surgery). I prefer whole food based Vitamins. I was taking Source of Life Gold chewables before surgery, but postop everything tasted way too sweet so I switched to Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women because it came in capsules. They contain probiotics, digestive enzymes and no chemically synthesized vitamins. They are so good, I only take 1/2 the recommended daily dose and my bloodwork is great. I do also take a B12 sublingual and vitamin D 3 days a week. I was able to discontinue my Iron and Calcium supplements.< /p>

So you did ok with a capsule post op? It absorbs ok? What brand of b12 and vit d do you use? Do you get yours off Amazon or locally?

They have "lypo solve" pre op that was green coffee bean extract, etc. Basically a fat burning pill. Did you do anything like that?

Sorry for all the questions!! Just have a few days before pre op commences

Natures Bounty D3 5000iu gel capsules 3 days/week

Source Naturals B12 1mg sublingual 3 days/week ( I was taking Twin Labs B12 until I read we should be taking methyl cobalamin, not cyanocobalamin)

I still had some source of life gold chewable vitamins leftover which I gagged down until they were gone. Started the Vitamin Code capsules probably 2 weeks postop, but was taking the Vitamin D gel caps starting day 4.

I had also been taking Solaray Calcium capsules (opened and mixed in my yogurt) and Garden of Life Healthy Blood Iron capsules too. But my calcium and iron were both high on my 6 month labs so I discontinued them.

And I wouldn't bother with the "fat burning" pills. You will lose plenty of fat without a fad diet pill. Kinda surprises me they have such a thing...makes it look like they don't have faith in their own surgeries.

Oh yeah, and I live in the boonies, so I get everything online (except the vitamin d the local grocery store carries).

Edited by Kindle

Natures Bounty D3 5000iu gel capsules 3 days/week

Source Naturals B12 1mg sublingual 3 days/week ( I was taking Twin Labs B12 until I read we should be taking methyl cobalamin, not cyanocobalamin)

I still had some source of life gold chewable vitamins leftover which I gagged down until they were gone. Started the Vitamin Code capsules probably 2 weeks postop, but was taking the Vitamin D gel caps starting day 4.

I had also been taking Solaray Calcium capsules (opened and mixed in my yogurt) and Garden of Life Healthy Blood Iron capsules too. But my calcium and iron were both high on my 6 month labs so I discontinued them.

And I wouldn't bother with the "fat burning" pills. You will lose plenty of fat without a fad diet pill. Kinda surprises me they have such a thing...makes it look like they don't have faith in their own surgeries.

Oh yeah, and I live in the boonies, so I get everything online (except the vitamin d the local grocery store carries).

Thanks so much for the info! I too hate anything unnatural in my body so trying to avoid stuff I have no idea about, when I read the label!

Last question - why do you only take half dose?? Would you recommend full dose, early post op?

That's so great your panels were on target. I'm young and healthy ( too healthy fat wise! Haha) and don't have any medical issues, so I'm praying for a smooth experience!

Yeah I moved it back to fit my schedule and not be stressed about anything but my flight is booked so no changing it again!!!

Kindle, what type clothing did you take to TJ in December? Not sure what the weather is like My surgery is Friday and I am trying to pack.

Again, thanks for the post.