Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Usually expedited means only a few days, but not sure of exact time. You can't apply earlier?

i wish i could but i don't get paid till friday and that is still not enough time.. they say a passport card take normal 4-6 wks and expedited takes 2-3 wks thats why I'm paying the extra

i wish i could but i don't get paid till friday and that is still not enough time.. they say a passport card take normal 4-6 wks and expedited takes 2-3 wks thats why I'm paying the extra

We just got my daughters ( non expedited.) and had it back within three weeks. I think you'll be ok! They require your travel dates on the application to let them know when you need it. :)

Thanks for that information

Question for OCC post-op'ers. I'm a little over two weeks out from surgery and I've been receiving the routine follow up doctor calls, and then weekly follow up health/progress surveys. Awesome.

My question is: in the survey emails, there is a paragraph that references "The online seminar will only be accessible to those who complete the questionnaire. You will certainly enjoy the wealth of knowledge it provides especially since it will be timed and delivered according to the milestone you are about to achieve."

I have no idea what this "online seminar" is or how to access it. The follow up email after I submit my survey response is just a basic thanks and says nothing about a seminar. I've looked on the OCC web site and through the video library, but can't find anything.

Am I missing something or is this maybe a language/word choice issue? Were any of you able to access a seminar? I'd hate to be missing helpful information for the stages we go through.

Thanks!

@@cinamini1 we might cross paths, i have my surgery on the 23rd

Ugh so do to passport issues and me not wanting to take a chance on anything I'm having to back my date up ???? I backed it for now to the 16th of jan hopefully everything will work out for that date

Anyone care to share the 411 on coffee, post op for OCC patients? Every surgeon is so different...

I head off to Mexico with my daughters on Sunday. Their surgeries are scheduled for Monday. Like everyone else I have the feelings of anxious, scared, excited, etc. I am putting it out in the universe. It will all go well! I have to believe that for me to get through this. My daughters are my life! Please say your prayers! I will appreciate each and every good though you send our way!

I will post when they are out from surgery and back in their room. Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by jjinWA

Anyone care to share the 411 on coffee, post op for OCC patients? Every surgeon is so different...

Personally, coffee (even decaf) hurt my sleeve when I first tried it a month out. I stuck with Decaf herbal tea until 4 months. Now I drink a 16oz mug of decaf every morning. I will have regular every once in awhile, but I really don't miss the caffeine. Coffee is very acidic, so I would jump into it until you are healed. Maybe check with the nut at OCC (you should have her email in your papers) for their official recommendations.

Edited by Kindle

I restarted coffee a few weeks after being sleeved. I have 1 or 2 cups a day without problems. I am now 8 weeks post-op.

Finally the day has come! We are in our hotel. Will head to surgery center tomorrow. Room is ok, but everything is extra. They will provide limited number of broth and pop cycles at no charge, which is very nice, but no restaurants close by and therefore companion is exposed to the very costly restaurant prices in the hotel. ????

I am hopeful tomorrow I can get some food elsewhere and put it in a mini fridge in the room.......If they have a mini fridge they are willing to deliver.

I am excited to get the surgeries underway and over with. Very worried for the girls, but I have to believe all will go well. Cannot believe my daughters will be joining me on the losers bench very soon!

Will keep in touch as we go through the process. ????

I heard that there's a restaurant across from hotel in the shape of a hat and is supposed to be really good authentic Mexican food also there's a Walmart 3 blocks from the hotel

I heard that there's a restaurant across from hotel in the shape of a hat and is supposed to be really good authentic Mexican food also there's a Walmart 3 blocks from the hotel

The "hat" restaurant is just down the street to the left when you come out of the hotel. One of the ladys who had surgery same day as me went there with her husband. And yes, there are a couple restaurants at the Walmart Plaza (turn right when you exit the hotel) which I walked to at least 6 times in the 3 days I was there (my sister had to get her Starbucks fix). And the Walmart is a Super Walmart with a full grocery store. Check out all the drinkable yogurts they have....your daughters can have them starting day 3. Not that I'd recommend it for us, but my sister loved the bakery selection, too.

I just got back from Walmart. You read my mind. Thanks Kindle. I bought stuff I can eat in the room. The girls puchased powdered broth that can be mixed with hot Water from the coffee pot. No microwave here. :-(. We will get by. Making the best of it. food is not going to be the focus here. Just praying for a good surgeon. ????