Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Hey Everyone! I have been using the Enspira Bariatric Multivitamin but just went to re-order and they are all sold out. It looks like they have created a new line of products but they aren't available yet. I just called and left a message asking when the new line will be available but in the meantime, I need to find a new bariatric multi Vitamin. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

I use opurity Vitamins.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and post a progress update. I am three weeks and two days out and down 35 pounds/ 2 sizes. I am gradually getting back in the routine of foods and was wondering what some of you guys were eating to get the Protein in. I do my best with the shakes still, but it is quite hard for me to take in that much liquid at times...constantly sipping Water though. I have given the thought to maybe getting some Unjury powder. Just want to be sure I'm getting the necessary protein :)

I ordered the Unjury from Socalmom recommendation.... Looks like it comes in all different kinds, and sales lady said the strawberry, clear, and chicken can be used during the Clear Liquids stage.... Hope they taste ok :)

So I'm a little over 6 weeks out...so far, I can eat anything. But this week I found my first food that my stomach doesn't like- I made a simple corned beef hash. Corned beef, frozen tater tots, some cheese.....I thought when I ate two bites of it on Monday that I just wasn't in the mood for it. Then today I ate 2 bites and I feel sick again! Boo! Oh well lesson learned :) do you have any foods that don't agree with your new stomachs?

So I'm a little over 6 weeks out...so far, I can eat anything. But this week I found my first food that my stomach doesn't like- I made a simple corned beef hash. Corned beef, frozen tater tots, some cheese.....I thought when I ate two bites of it on Monday that I just wasn't in the mood for it. Then today I ate 2 bites and I feel sick again! Boo! Oh well lesson learned :) do you have any foods that don't agree with your new stomachs?

I have a sleeve of steel... Most things don't piss it off, really dry chicken is a baaaaaad time though. Actually starting to worry its stretched out these almost five months post op, my restriction feels way down. I know it'll relax over time but it seems early for it to be this food friendly.

I cannot do potatoes...nauseating

Hello OCC Ladies. I've been researching doctors for almost a year. I've now saved up enough money to pay for the procedure in full and I'm wanting to book a day and follow through with it! I'm a teacher and would like to do this early June when school is out. I actually called a local surgeon this week to see what he charges for self-pay. He's about double what Dr Ortiz charges. Any thoughts? I am ready to do this! But for some reason, I am a big chicken!

Hello OCC Ladies. I've been researching doctors for almost a year. I've now saved up enough money to pay for the procedure in full and I'm wanting to book a day and follow through with it! I'm a teacher and would like to do this early June when school is out. I actually called a local surgeon this week to see what he charges for self-pay. He's about double what Dr Ortiz charges. Any thoughts? I am ready to do this! But for some reason, I am a big chicken!

I am partial to dr Ortiz. See how much experience this other surgeon has. For me, that's what it came down to. I was sleeved by Ortiz, no complications. My husband has sleeve scheduled in a month. That's how much I believe in Ortiz. Also look at Newsweek July 27, 2011 top 15 bariatric surgeons. If you need a copy, I can email you a copy.

I say if u have time off in the summer, go to Mexico! Dr Ortiz and the OCC was great...and it was nice to get away and enjoy the sunny weather :) I stayed for a week and enjoyed the Marriott and the warm weather :)

I am partial to dr Ortiz. See how much experience this other surgeon has. For me, that's what it came down to. I was sleeved by Ortiz, no complications. My husband has sleeve scheduled in a month. That's how much I believe in Ortiz. Also look at Newsweek July 27, 2011 top 15 bariatric surgeons. If you need a copy, I can email you a copy.

Briangie if you don't mind I would love to get a copy if it I've search but no luck I'm scheduled with Ortiz May 9 and based on the research I've done I feel good with the decision but fear of doing a procedure in Mexico is inevitable . The more research the better .... I've also been searching for the infamous appearance in Oprah but have also been unsuccessful again if you wouldn't mind sending it to me it would greatly appreciate it . My email is leysi23@yahoo.com

Thank you

I did the VSG with Dr Ortiz in February & it was a wonderful experience without any complications. Staff at Clinic & Marriott were wonderful. Good luck!

Thanks for your responses! I appreciate them. I will keep you posted on my decision!

Leysi, hope you enjoyed the Newsweek article. I bought the magazine from Amazon, just to have something for the Mexico haters. Dr Ortiz has way more experience than anyone else on that list!

Are any of you all members of FB groups like "THE GASTRIC SLEEVE SUPPORT GROUP", "THE GASTRIC SLEEVE GANG", or "THE SASSY SLEEVERS"? I am and they have lots of discussion there, but I want to know if there is a group about Mexico sleevers? Or better yet, one about Dr Ortiz patients specifically? On these other groups there are sometimes some Mexico haters. Like "I would never go to a foreign country and have surgery by choice..."

Let me know if you know of a FB group for Ortiz patients.

Brieangie I absolutely did it incredibly made me feel even more secure of my decision to go with dr Ortiz thank you . See you there :) lol keep in touch ....... I can't wait for May to get here yikes

If anyone else wants a PDF of the Newsweek article, email me at briangie@ymail.com and ask. I'll send it to you.