Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Heading to airport will be landing in San Diego at 7:00 pm tonight. Surgery in morning:) I'm so ready! Any tips??

Heading to airport will be landing in San Diego at 7:00 pm tonight. Surgery in morning:) I'm so ready! Any tips??

Take some good before pics if you haven't already. You will look totally different before you know it!

Everybody looks so great! I'm excited for those of you that are in Mexico or are planning your trip. This was the best thing I have ever done for myself! I will have to post pics soon. I have lost 51 lbs since December and I feel awesome!

So I know when u increase Protein it can create Constipation issues, especially if not getting in enough Water. I got in 62 grams of protein today and so far only 3 cups of water :/ I can't seem to hit both my protein and water goals for the day! (I'm 3.5 wks out)

Solutions/ recommendations?!?

I was the same way, I was too full to do both. I made fluids my priority, but tried to make everything I drank have some Protein. In fact, I didn't actually eat anything solid until I got at least 30 oz Fluid in for the day (once I ate I was full for hours and drinking was really tough). Made my shakes with skim milk instead of Water, added Unjury unflavored to Soups, etc". I'm 2 1/2 months out and still struggling with getting enough protein, but because of my diarrhea and dehydration issues, fluids are still my #1 priority.

I was the same way, I was too full to do both. I made fluids my priority, but tried to make everything I drank have some Protein. In fact, I didn't actually eat anything solid until I got at least 30 oz Fluid in for the day (once I ate I was full for hours and drinking was really tough). Made my shakes with skim milk instead of Water, added Unjury unflavored to Soups, etc". I'm 2 1/2 months out and still struggling with getting enough protein, but because of my diarrhea and dehydration issues, fluids are still my #1 priority.

Did/do you have Constipation issues? I emailed the OCC for recommendations on what to take but haven't heard back yet.

Did/do you have Constipation issues? I emailed the OCC for recommendations on what to take but haven't heard back yet.
I have a Clostridial infection in my colon, so, no I am definitely experiencing the OPPOSITE of constipation. But even up to 5 weeks out (when I got the infection), I had daily soft, formed stool. Constipation does seem to be the norm post-op, though. A lot of posters have mentioned taking Miralax, Metamucil, benefiber, and milk of magnesia. And getting more fluids.

Edited by Kindle

Covatila, I was having Constipation issues until recently. I spoke with the nutritionist postop and she said Milk of Magnesia was fine to take but just occasionally and to increase fluids. I was only going once a week when I took the Milk of Magnesia. Even with trying to increase fluids I still had issues. I've just recently gotten back into going uninduced and it's still not daily like before- like every 2-3 days now.

The heavens have opened, angels have sang...this drain is out and I am on the red eye home to Georgia tonight! I feel so much better today! I am a happy, happy girl! This was an amazing experience!!! I will continue to post my progress and inquiries :)

I am so excited! Finally entered ONEderland this morning!!! Have felt so on top of the world in a long time! Surgery was 11/6/13 Stats: height:5'6" HW:260 SW:242 CW:199 Yay me!!! I can do this!!! :)

Congrats girl!!! That is a major milestone :)

Hi. I was wondering about the daily schedule. Fly in. Land at? To hospital at? To hotel at? Where can you put your purse if no one comes with you? Do you actually check out of hotel to hospital?

Thinking about booking with Dr Ortiz in April for Plication.... What has everyone's research led them to believe about pros and cons with sleeve.... Ortiz said he would choose plication if it was a family member...? Hard to decide. All comments welcome .

Thanks

Thinking about booking with Dr Ortiz in April for Plication.... What has everyone's research led them to believe about pros and cons with sleeve.... Ortiz said he would choose plication if it was a family member...? Hard to decide. All comments welcome .

Thanks

From the people I've spoken to, plication has more risks. You are folding and sectioning off a piece of tissue, I can't help think that the tissue would be susceptible to loss of blood flow, necropsy or if something got stuck in the pouch... I dunno. I also didn't like that it was reversible. I made my choice for permanency. Just IMO of course.