Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

That is so funny that you just remember seeing teeth too. I do not remember the inflatable raft. One of the ladies I was with noticed the time right away when she woke up. I never even thought to look. I think I did not believe at first it was over. I remember trying to touch my belly to see if I felt any incisions because I didn't think they had started yet. Oh yes that would've been a good pic to take crossing back across the border. I was by myself each time I went across. I wish I had someone to walk across with. The people I had met in the lobby got to leave together but I stayed one extra night and left early the next day. So it was a little unnerving crossing it by myself and waiting on the corner around 5:30 in the morning while it was still dark. I was so happy when my driver finally pulled up. I think I waited like 15 or 20 minutes but felt way longer since I was alone. Good experience though. Wouldn't change anything.

This is my favorite thread! I feel so much better about my surgery nov 25th! You all are amazing!! Thank you!!

Update!!!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since surgery. I'm still on my liquid stage and will be until Thursday (Argghh). It is not easy, let me tell you this. I was doing really good and the last couple days, I've been dragging. I had some left incisional pain on after going to the mall and the movies and walking the mall. It didn't last long, but was enough to remind me "Girl, you know you had surgery, right?!" So I took it easy for 2 days. Also I didn't mind at first if people ate around me, but now if people even talk about what they are going to eat, it annoys me. My parents called me and left a message a few days ago saying if you call back and we're not here, it's because we're going to get lunch! Ok- why didn't you just call me after? They came over along with my cousin and her baby (he's such a cute little distraction) yesterday which was nice- until everyone started talking about FOOD! Even the baby was eating peach cobbler!!! Granted it was the baby form, but boy was he into it! So cute!

Anyway, it's still a little hard getting in the fluids. I'm using Enspira shakes and Vitamins. I'm still not able to drink 3- the paperwork does say 1-3 though. I do mix the Vitamin into the shake and because of the taste of the shake to begin with, you can't taste the vitamin. The shake is not very sweet and if you don't have a good blender you may not like it. I bought a Ninja blender (which is great by the way) and blend it to death, and it's still a little gritty, but to my own surprise I don't mind it! I'm over the Soups except for French onion which is my fav. I may have to go to a restaurant and get a Soup I like to strain. I do have Unjury chicken soup and may revisit it. You do have to take Calcium and you can't take the vitamin too close to the calcium so man it's hard to get a schedule going. I'm not a medicine taker so that's hard for me.

Other noted happening- no bowel movement! I hadn't had one for 8 days postop so I contacted the nut who said I'm not drinking enough fluids and if I needed it I could take MOM. I took one dose last Tuesday which didn't work. I took another on Wed which did ultimately work. No painful cramping either-smooth moves (TMI)!!

Don't judge me moment- since I am a nurse, I do know how to start IVs on myself and did give myself some IV fluids last Sunday. To my defense I've done this for years since I work excessively and don't always have time to drink needed Water at work. I've seen so many people go to the hospital on here for dehydration and I can do it myself so I save the ER co-pay!

All in all, I am doing ok. I just have to focus and make sure to get my vitamins in.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

My packing list

-Elastic/safety pins

-music/headphones

-Wallet/passport

-Chargers for all gadgets

-Bp cuff thermometer

-loose underwear

-abd binder

-pillow in car

-incentive spirometer

-baby/ body wipes

-Comfy Pajamas / Nightgowns

-Warm socks/slippers

-Loose fitting clothes

-Laptop/ iPad w/Skype

-Cell Phone

-Book/gossip mags

-Soaps/Lotion /Deodorant/perfume or body spray

- face wash/moisturizer/toner

-Toothbrush /Paste/mouthwash/listerine breath spray

-Sugar free Throat Lozenges

-Hair essentials

-personal medications

-Favorite lip balm (guys don't forget this you will need it )

-Gas Relief Strips

-Makeup kit

-Front snap sports bras

-Heating Pad (optional)

-extension cord (super handy)

-Vicks (can't live without this stuff)

-paperwork for doctor/payment

-emesis bags

-bath items (I took a bath since I wouldn't be able to for a long time) {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Edited by back2barb78

Barb' date=' I got my info about the diet to follow post-op, but didn't read anything about the Vitamins. What vitamins are you supposed to take daily? And how much Water daily?[/quote'] Well when I spoke to Dr Ortiz preop, one thing he asked me about was the vitamins i was taking and he was less than impressed that I was taking 2 flinstone with Iron vitamins daily. So on the OCC plan the Enspira vitamins are to be taken 3/daily, as well as 1500 Calcium, Vit D, and B12 daily for life. You can't take the Vitamin at the same time as calcium-it must be spaced out which is hard for me because I put the vitamin in the shake. You have to drink 64 oz of fluids {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Edited by back2barb78

What was the ab binder and bp cuff thermometer for? Can you post the nutrient info of the Enspira and Vitamins on here? I don't think I will

be using them, but I want to find something similar here.

What was the ab binder and bp cuff thermometer for? Can you post the nutrient info of the Enspira and Vitamins on here? I don't think I will be using them' date=' but I want to find something similar here.[/quote']

I used the abd binder for support. I didn't use it until after the drain was out so I didn't use it while in Mexico. I definitely used it postop but don't need it now. I'm mildly hypertensive so I wanted to keep an eye on that and I wanted to monitor my temperature to make sure I wasn't febrile (watch for signs of infection). I'm a but of a control freak (like most nurses) so knowing my vitals were good made me feel better :)

Enspira product links-

http://store.obesitycontrolcenter.com/products/enspira-weightloss-shake

http://store.obesitycontrolcenter.com/collections/weight-loss-surgery-products/products/espira-the-complete-multivitamin

This is the absolute best and most informative thread on Dr. Ortiz and the OCC that I've read so far! Thanks so much back2barb78 for posting your experience here so thoroughly. I am now so excited about my upcoming VSG with Dr. Ortiz on December 2nd. Best of wishes as you work towards your weight loss goal!

This is the absolute best and most informative thread on Dr. Ortiz and the OCC that I've read so far! Thanks so much back2barb78 for posting your experience here so thoroughly. I am now so excited about my upcoming VSG with Dr. Ortiz on December 2nd. Best of wishes as you work towards your weight loss goal!

No problem! I have to thank a few people too- Hooisermom (girl), Vetniemeer, Cherbear, Raven123, and Keishart for their support. When I first came on this site, I seriously thought everyone was fake and were paid off to speak well of Dr O. I was losing it once I made my choice to go to Mexico (I had surgery in MEXICO!! That's crazy!!) and these women were instrumental in keeping me sane through the process. Thank you! Ok I'll stop saying thank you to you all some day ;)

No problem! I have to thank a few people too- Hooisermom (girl), Vetniemeer, Cherbear, Raven123, and Keishart for their support. When I first came on this site, I seriously thought everyone was fake and were paid off to speak well of Dr O. I was losing it once I made my choice to go to Mexico (I had surgery in MEXICO!! That's crazy!!) and these women were instrumental in keeping me sane through the process. Thank you! Ok I'll stop saying thank you to you all some day ;)

AAWWWW! Thanks! I'm glad that all went well and am excited to follow your success!

how much is Dr. Ortiz and what service did everyone go thru?

We all got sleeved. We also signed agreements not to discuss price but if you email one of the coordinators will give you details with no hassle. He does charge a little more than some in Mexico, but he's definitely not the highest priced.

He doesn't go through any 3rd party "service companies" you would be dealing directly with his clinic. Check out www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

Update!!!

So today I started eating puréed food-smack me on the hand because I started a day early. I couldn't take ONE more shake. I've been so over them for a few days now, haven't been drinking them appropriately because they along with everything else made me nauseous, and I've had super low energy. So that's why I decided to move forward. I seriously had never been so happy to have a couple spoons of food! I had 2 spoons of sugar free applesauce and a couple spoons of Malto Meal (shout out to my BF for this he randomly wanted it this morning) and was literally dancing in my kitchen! It was so good I had the energy to do all the dishes, do a few loads of laundry, and scrub the floors twice (yes twice I wasn't satisfied). So happy. That was all I needed to drink my shake/vitamin with no fuss this AM. Then I had an ounce of deli turkey with a dash of FF mayo and was excited again. That's amazing how delicious everything tastes after not eating for a month (I had an extended diet because of my BMI). Yummy!!