Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

True Diva - Your new picture fits your name! Hot girl!

Thanks KC, I'll be glad when I get to the point you're at

Please don't bash me for that. I'm not overeating -- just eating till full! I would love it if what you are posting is because of being at that sweet spot! Thanks!!! :)

there should be no bashing.

my calorie intake is 100% related to my activity...., while i have little fill going on now; i am checking my food intake cause i could eat a horse if i allow.

it took a lot for me to get restriction - i think the sweet spot is a myth as it ever changes.

2911, I'm glad you asked, because I have been wondering the same thing for quite awhile now. I wonder if I'm doing something really wrong. I have only had two fills, and really need a third b/c I don't have restriction. I am hungry between meals, and at my meals I can eat up to 1 and 1/2 cups of food. Please don't bash me for that. I'm not overeating -- just eating till full! I would love it if what you are posting is because of being at that sweet spot! Thanks!!! :)

I agree with KC, it's a combo of fill and what you're eating. If you're eating things like "sliders" (food that goes down too easy) you'll be able to eat a whole lot more of it. With the right restriction, a 1/2 of cup of Protein usually does the trick. You also stay full for quite sometime. I drink plenty of Water, crystal light and also South beach living "tide me over" protein water mix.

Thanks, KC. :thumbup: I'm truly committed to this, so I want to learn from as many resources as I can! My doctor says no Snacks between meals, so I've been following that religiously, and the hunger between meals is terrible if I don't get all the way full at my meal. I will be so glad to get in that green zone and stay there for more than two weeks. :)

True Diva - you're very sweet! I think we all have someone we feel that way about - for me right now it's Luluc.

Be proud of what you've accomplished though - because it's substantial!

Thanks, luluc and TrueDiva! I think I need to wrap my brain around trying to cut back. And you are right, TrueDiva, the foods do make a difference, I know! I stay away from the sliders. I gave up sugar when I got banded, so that cuts out a large majority of slider foods, thank God! But when I can eat a cup of salad with a 1/2 cup of chicken breast on top, and just get comfortably full, I definitely think it is time for a fill.

I truly appreciate all of your responses -- the help is great!!! BBL. :laugh:

Thanks!!

PS - I also like that "Tide Me Over" mix in powder. That helps me get through from meal to meal!

Spideymom - you'll do great! You have the right attitude and that's a lot of it. Like Luluc said - there should be no bashing - you do what's right for you and what you find works for you in conjunction with your Dr's advice.

Well, my mini-goal was to lose 50# by August 1st, and I hit it today!!! :laugh:

Congrats!

today's my birthday, so no exercise for me:thumbup:

Happy Birthday Diva! You look great in your new avi!

Today-

B-coffee w/torani Syrup, some farrina

L-nothing :tt2: (I wasn't feeling well)

D-hot tea, Soup (I have some serious sinus issues today)

To the posters asking about the amounts that people eat, I have had 7(or it might be 8) fills to get restriction. This is the first time since banding that I haven't really been snackish between meals. I think getting to good restriction takes time. My doc isn't aggressive with fills, so I had absolutely no restriction until maybe the 5th fill.

it took a lot for me to get restriction - i think the sweet spot is a myth as it ever changes.

This is true for me too. I've been banded almost 2 years now and I've never been at the "sweet spot". For some reason, I just don't get the restriction that others seem to get. I've only pb'ed 2 or 3 times since being banded and that's because I was just eating too fast, not because I was too tight.

Today

B- bowl of special k chocolatey delight

S- SBD cinnamon raisin Protein Bar

L- 2 leftover individual mini meatloafs

S- 1 pk cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal, 1 tbsp PB2

D- 1.5 c leftover hamburger casserole

My pb2 came in today and I used it in the oatmeal. I thought it was really good. I may try it in a Protein Shake tomorrow!

Today…

B – vanilla Protein Shake w/ ½ C. frozen peaches added.

L – 1C chopped salad with turkey, black Beans, corn, peppers, Tomato, zucchini, and cilantro with 1tbs. Ranch and 1 tbs salsa. 5 corn chips.< /span>

S – ¼ C. turkey salad with high Fiber crackers

D – ¾ C chicken and broccoli stir fry with 2 tbs rice

Well, my mini-goal was to lose 50# by August 1st, and I hit it today!!!

Congratulations!!

Happy Birthday, True Diva!! You’re looking great in the new AVI. You don’t even look like the same person as the picture in your signature.

For those who posted questions about small portion sizes…..

For me portions sizes are directly related to my fill level. I was lucky that I got good restriction on the 2nd fill. I have had another tiny fill since then and had to have half of that removed. I understand that most people need quite a few more than I did. Before I had good restriction I was going crazy with hunger. It seemed like I was hungry all of the time. I was trying to restrict my portions but it worked against me because my brain wasn’t registering full. From what I understand the band allows you to be satisfied with toddler size portions of food because it’s much easier to stimulate the vagus nerve in your stomach that signals fullness to your brain. If you can get your stomach to send that signal you’ll stay full (aside from head hunger) for quite a while. Before you have good restriction it will take more food to reach that point. In my case I consume fewer calories overall if I eat until I do feel full, not stuffed and sick, but full.

Even before you have good restriction, you do have some and you can use some tricks to get full on less food. I admit that I don’t always follow the rules, but I do know that they work:

• Eat dense Proteins and eat them first. Try to get down 3oz of Protein before you eat anything else.
  • Do not add a lot of sauces or Condiments to your protein because it will allow it to slip past the band more easily.
  • Avoid chips, crackers, and ice cream, which are my personal downfall foods. Even with great restriction you’ll be able to eat a lot of these foods. I can’t eat as much of them as I could before banding but I can definitely eat way more than a serving.
  • Eat real food. Limit canned and other processed foods. Nutrition is more important than ever when you can only eat a limited amount. I worry about Protein Powder being highly processed. Protein smoothies keep me away from ice cream though so I figure it’s the lesser of the two evils. I’m glad that my ice cream cravings go away in the winter!
  • Try to eat slowly so that your brain has time to receive the signal of fullness. Time your meals to at least 15 minutes.

August - those are great pointers you have listed -very true!

thursday

b-strawberry p-shake

l-.5c chix teriaki salad, a plum

s-hog cheese, baked chips(sm piece)

d-ww chix din veggies only 240cals

-----------------

B/breakfast burrito-egg, chdr chz, pork, salsa, sm flr tortilla (I was only able to eat half)

s/string chz

L/Finished the Breakfast burrito, fruit

s/1oz almonds

s/cream chz, 1/2 mini plan bagel, 2 sl deli ham

D/Spaghetti

s/half of a Peanut Sweet Salty Nut Nature Valley Bar

64 oz of Water finished too

your sweet kc!

yesterday -

b- greek yogurt w/strawberries

l- half tuna sandwich on WW & small field green salad (balsamic dressing)

s- handful of almonds

d- bowl of turkey chili, few tortialla strips