Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the first food you cheated with after Gastric Sleeve Surgery?

I am a week and a half out from surgery, and I had my first official full-fledged cheat today. I ate a slice and a half of avacado. :( I'm not supposed to even be trying vegetables for about another two weeks, but it just looked so good.

So, my lovely ladies and handsome gents, tell me about the first time you fell off the horse? What did you eat? How far out were you? Was it hard to get back on track? Story sharing time. ^_^

Edited by NoBsVs

Potato chips. I was in my puree phase, and my boyfriend left his bag of chips in the kitchen. They were talking to me and I listened. I only had a small handful, and I let them get all mushy in my mouth, and they tasted sooooo good. However, Miss Tummy punished me for hours. I learned my lesson.

I ate Smart Puffs one night on my pre-surgery diet and then my next memorable cheat was at about 3 months when I ate chocolate, unapologetically, the entire Christmas season of 2013. January 1 I was right back on the wagon, but yes, I was a chocolate pig for about three weeks when I really should not have been. Oh..and I did it again this Christmas, lol. I didn't gain weight either time and I kept it to only the holidays, so am I looking forward to Christmas 2015? Oh yes I am, t-minus six months until I am going to enjoy chocolate cake, Cookies, ice cream, and candy. Until then though, I will sit here and eat my turkey roll-up.

@@Miss Mac That sucks. :(

I was a bit scared that the same thing might happen to me, but I figured that smashed avacado had a semi-simular consistency to refried Beans, so it would probably be alright. I took one bite, then used the 60 second rule before I went on to gorge myself. I did feel overly full when I was done, but I think that's because I was snarfing down the bowl of tortilla Soup in front of me like I'd never eat again. It took about thirty minutes for the completely miserable feeling to go away.

I ate Smart Puffs one night on my pre-surgery diet and then my next memorable cheat was at about 3 months when I ate chocolate, unapologetically, the entire Christmas season of 2013. January 1 I was right back on the wagon, but yes, I was a chocolate pig for about three weeks when I really should not have been. Oh..and I did it again this Christmas, lol. I didn't gain weight either time and I kept it to only the holidays, so am I looking forward to Christmas 2015? Oh yes I am, t-minus six months until I am going to enjoy chocolate cake, Cookies, ice cream, and candy. Until then though, I will sit here and eat my turkey roll-up.

lol I would be the happiest person on the face of the planet if I could eat chocolate and not gain weight. I probably won't try my luck until next Valentine's Day though. I used to wait until the day after and stock up on Whitmans.

ginger ale :( lol

Feta freaking CHEESE! Week 1 post op!

Once a cheater always a cheater. Two days post, I couldn't take the broth anymore, so I went to Sonic and ordered a Jr. Cheeseburger with mustard, ketchup and onions. I chewed each bite about 20 times and spit it all back into the bag. Pretty nasty, but the taste, woooo weee. I felt like a fat kid in a candy shop. Awesome. But to actually eat, 5 days out, went to this great seafood place to Celebrate a major event in our family and had oysters on a half shell. Went down smooth of course and sat well. That was the same fat kid in the candy shop, but actually eating the candy.

5 days post op when in clears I had a Protein Shake. Then two weeks post op I had egg salad.

I'm two weeks out. I just screwed up. 3 bites of pizza. The amazing thing is I feel perfectly fine. And wish I didn't so it would reinforce that I can't do that stuff

I'm glad you posted this. My first cheat was a bite of cookie- more mindless eating than intentional if that makes sense. But since then I've had a small bite of bacon and started mushy foods a few days early.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I had a tiny piece of his cake. It made me feel dreadful for a couple of hours. I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery, I chewed it very well and ate it slowly but I won't be doing that again! It was chocolate cake with chocolate icing and about a 2x2" piece. Lesson learned!