Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2015 Sleevers...How are you? Poll

I was sleeved on March 31st. Things are going very well for me. I was hoping to maybe lose a little more in this first 6 weeks but I'll take it. Share how your journey is going!!!!

Surgery Weight: 222.2

Current Weight: 201.8 (DOWN 20.4lbs)

Pre Surgery size-18

Current size-14

Concerns: I ran out of my heart burn prescription and ever since then I've had a really hungry feeling. I'm going back for my next visit in a couple days so I will ask to refill then.

Joys: My old clothes are fitting again. So happy! I've also gotten over the "I miss being able to eat" phase. It was hard but I'm doing so much better now. .

Exercise: Nope, haven't started. Bad I know!

I was sleeved on March 19th. Things are going very well for me too. Feeling great and have no issue with food at all.

Surgery Weight: 277

Current Weight: 250

Joys: Off all Meds

Exercise: Not alot yet some walk not everyday.

Just had surgery on 5/8. I lost about 13lbs on my pre-op diet. I don't think I've lost anything since surgery. :-(

I feel like I am so full. Yet they ask that I get in 2oz in every hour or so. Plus liquids. UGH.....

I had surgery on March 24th started at 347 todays weight is 311. Not losing as fast as I has hoped but it is progress.

Also sleeved March 31st.

Surgery weight: 213

Current weight: 190

pre surgery size: 18/20

current size: 14/16

Exercise: Joined a gym, working with a personal trainer 2 days a week

Joys: no longer need cpap

Concerns: difficult to reach daily Water and Protein goals

I was sleeved on March 25th. I was back in the hospital after 3 weeks. I had a pin sized hole in my stomach and spent a week at the hospital for pumped full of antibiotics and I was severely dehydrated because I couldn't even keep Water down. I am doing much better and I'm even back to work.

Surgery Weight: 267

Current Weight: 217

Total Lost: 50 lbs

Pre Surgery size-20

Current size-16

Concerns: Getting my Vitamins. The chewable ones make me gag. Have to buy them all in small pill form. Also having a hard time getting the right amount of Protein. I'm only getting 30-40 per day.

Joys: Love that I can fit in a lot of my old clothes but I had to give away 4 garbage bags full of clothes that no longer fit.

Exercise: I've been walking every night and chasing my 19 month old around the yard. He also loves going for a walk with mommy and my neighbors. This week I'm going to start adding the resistance bands.

hi!! I too am a Marche.

Surgery Weight: 330

Current Weight: 291

Concerns: I still cannot understand my crazy breathe. I know its the keytones but others in my support group do not have this problem. And I am getting heartburn again - oh well. Prilosec here I come again. My first period was really BAD - wishing next month is not too bad. And I am really sad - when I go to restaurants. I really miss eating food but I am getting better with this.

Joys: All my clothes are too big. Love it!! Have not gone shopping yet but will soon.

Exercise: Pilates every morning - trainer on Saturday. Mob-Friday every night - elliptical or bike for 40 min. Getting faster each week at the gym. Weekedn - try for a 2-5 mile walk or hike.

I had surgery on March 23.

Starting weight: 261

Surgery weight: 221

Current weight: 200.2

Pre surgery size-20

Size now- between 18 and 16

Joys: Wearing a smaller size. Being able to wear my wedding ring again. Not sweating profusely everytime I walk somewhere at work.

Exercise: It's kind of hit and miss right now. I'm averaging about 3 times a week. I'm still dealing with some depression, so it's making it a little hard to get motivated.

Surgery date: 3/24

Start weight: 227

Current weight: 195

Loss: 32 pounds

Size 20 now size 16

Struggles: now that I can eat real food, realizing it really is up to me to "work the tool."

Joys: not being worried ALL THE TIME about my blood sugar dropping, becoming sweaty and shaky and having to eat a bunch of sugar to recover! This was happening 2 to three times a day!!!!! Of course the benefits of weight loss but the blood sugar is truly freeing!

Exercise: according to my Fitbit, I'm averaging 7,500 steps a day. Plan on hitting the gym when summer break starts!

Edited by akreese02

Hi!

I had surgery 3/20

Preop diet (2 Wks B4) Weight: 285

Surgery Weight: 261

Current Weight: 224

Total Lost: 37 lbs (61 lbs since preop)

Pre Surgery size- 40 pants XXL shirt

Current size- 34 pants L shirt

I've had an amazing recovery, no complications what soever.

Joy: Love the compliments! Everyone def. notices the difference. (But I hate the attention...I don't like being the center of attention) and I love trying on new smaller clothes.

Surgery Weight: 235

Current Weight: 198

Current size-12

March 23rd 2015 :)

Still issues with Protein but getting there

Surgery Date: 3/26/15

Surgery Weight: 302

Current Weight: 249

Pre Surgery size-20

Current size-20 (WTH?)

Concerns: I had to have IV fluids x2 the first few weeks post op. Going back to work after 3.5 weeks made all the difference with getting in the Protein and fluids - until week 6 where I'm supposed to use a fork to eat everything. If I only have 2-4 bites of each meal, there aren't enough hours in the day to get enough Protein in without a shake. So I'm a rebel and having a shake every morning.

Joys: My 8yo daughter can put her arms around me with her fingers touching :) No more CPAP :) No more constant sweating :)

Exercise: I have good days and not-so-good days. It is amazing that I used to dread a 1/2 mile walk. Now I go 3+ miles and feel great!

Edited by deetz71

Surgery Date: 3/30/2015

Surgery Weight: 225

Current Weight: 202

Pre Surgery size-22/24

Current size-16/18

Concerns: None, loving it!

Joys: Able to wear some of my old clothes. My son noticing the loss! He says it every day. Feeling healthy, and not having cravings for fried food.

Exercise: I exercise 5 or 6 times a week, a combo of walking, ellipitical, kick boxing and the stationary bike. I am doing 12K steps a day WHOOT WHOOT!

Surgery Weight: 217

Current Weight: 194 (DOWN 23 lbs)

Pre Surgery size-20/22

Current size-16

Concerns: Getting all my Water in. It's like a job unto itself. I have to purposely think about it or I won't get it all in. I only get 96 ounces in every once in awhile, usually I'm doing good if I just get in 64.

Joys: It is so great to go "shopping" in my closet and be able to wear clothes I haven't worn in many years!

Exercise: I'm really bad about this too.

My surgery date was March 24th.

Edited by itsme68

Surgery: 3/31

Start weight: 227

Today: 193

Down: 34 lbs

Everything has been extremely easy. Never needed pain meds, started walking week one and getting my Vitamins in.

Concerns: I am not getting enough Water. I work on it everyday. I am starting to get hungry, especially on exercise days, and I think some of it might be dehydration.

The other concerns are social settings and dating. How do I date and not look like a psycho?!?