Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a foodie that got sleeved!

Hi I am 5 days post op today and I love to cook and find myself creating eatable liquid stuff

I bought the ninja thing and I'm using it for everything.

So far I have liquified avocado with cilantro, ricotta cheese olive oil and lime add Water for liquid consistency.

Tomato bisque: 1 tomato can, chopped onion, garlic, drizzle olive oil , I sauté garlic and onion in olive oil, tomatoes, added chicken broth, pinch of paprika and cayenne , salt & pepper a spoon of heavy cream and to the blender tasted like heaven

Tzatziki blended plain Chobani yogurt , with green house cucumber, dill, garlic Water for liquid consistency and salt it was fresh and yummy

Spanish gazpacho: blended seeded 3 fresh Roma tomatoes, 1 Clove of garlic, half seeded green house cucumber, 1/4 green bell pepper, olive oil drizzle, water and salt it was yum !

I also add to these mixes unflavored Protein powder so far so good!

I am a foodie all about the taste and texture, I'm giving up the texture for now and trying hard to not give up the flavors! Do you have any recipes that you can share?

If you really like varying your flavors, try using some of the really cool spice blends from Penzey's spices (Penzey's.com), or try blending your own spices together. Then add to your ninja with favorite foods. I especially like their Tsardust Memories, Krakow Nights, English Prime Rib Rub (on any beef), Galena Street, Old World, Greek....there are so many! Since I like to broil or grill my foods, these all make great rubs. You CAN grill foods, then puree them, then add to make soup... adds great flavor!

@@Brigiter, I'm with you, absolutely unwilling to eat bland, tasteless junk now that I'm post-op. I've got a bunch of recipes here, and let me know if there's anything you're most interested in having back. I can also give you some good liquid-phase recipes if you like, but I highly recommend the pho broth with extra fish sauce and lime juice.< /p>

@@Brigiter, I'm with you, absolutely unwilling to eat bland, tasteless junk now that I'm post-op. I've got a bunch of recipes here, and let me know if there's anything you're most interested in having back. I can also give you some good liquid-phase recipes if you like, but I highly recommend the pho broth with extra fish sauce and lime juice.< /p>

Thank you so much! Those recipes are awesome and I will for sure try them when I get to that phase please do you have more liquid phase ones? I still have a week to go on liquids and as a fellow foodie you must know what I'm going through! Thank bunches!

I am following you because I had my band removed in April and am getting my sleeve at the end of JUNE! I love that you are sharing your recipes - how do you make garlic Water?

Also - which Ninja did you buy?

Edited by Bndtoslv

I must say, not to put a damper, but your stomach is like a brand new stomach, would you feed your baby like this? My doctor and team of nutritionist made it very clear to start with basics. The first 14 days, Clear Liquids only. So your brand new stomach can heal. And the number one cardinal rule was that you cannot use a bullet or blender or ninja. At all. Oh and definitely no spices.

I guess everyone's doctor is different from what I am reading. I just have been taught through this process not to drink your calories.

If I am totally off base then please enlighten.

I must say, not to put a damper, but your stomach is like a brand new stomach, would you feed your baby like this? My doctor and team of nutritionist made it very clear to start with basics. The first 14 days, clear liquids only. So your brand new stomach can heal. And the number one cardinal rule was that you cannot use a bullet or blender or ninja. At all. Oh and definitely no spices.

I guess everyone's doctor is different from what I am reading. I just have been taught through this process not to drink your calories.

If I am totally off base then please enlighten.

Yes I guess each Dr. Is different I was not told I cannot use the blender I was told to be careful what ever I put in my mouth is liquify, I wasn't told I can't play with flavors actually natural spices like garlic can contribute on your healing. It's a natural antibiotic, I do recommend each of is to follow your Dr. Instructions, I and 1 week post op and have had fabulous Soups , all liquified with taste!

Last recipe I tried yesterday :

Bought Swanson Thai broth, added coconut milk and thin cut cilantro it was yummy and filling, no problems at all with my new tummy!

I'm only in liquids for one week post op. After that puréed.

Actually this is a picture of me 1 day before my surgery! I am a revision so I got my Lapband unfilled December 2014 and gained 15 pounds from December to May! The Lapband worked wonderful for me until I developed GERD, so hoping to get those 15 pounds of with my sleeve have to say tho I am very conscious with eating natural healthy foods and I do hot yoga 3 times a week, still managed to gain 15 pounds being careful! I've already lost 10 in the week post op! So almost there!

Edited by Brigiter

Actually this is a picture of me 1 day before my surgery! I am a revision so I got my Lapband unfilled December 2014 and gained 15 pounds from December to May! The Lapband worked wonderful for me until I developed GERD, so hoping to get those 15 pounds of with my sleeve have to say tho I am very conscious with eating natural healthy foods and I do hot yoga 3 times a week, still managed to gain 15 pounds being careful! I've already lost 10 in the week post op! So almost there!

Same here. I lost 110 lbs back in 2007. 8 years and 2 kids later I'm almost up to pre-band weight. Band was out in April and I immediately gained 5 lbs! Ugh. 6/30 is my date assuming insurance doesn't give me a hard time!

@@Brigiter, I was encouraged to use spices etc, just to make sure they're blended truly smooth during my phase 1. I'll absolutely be posting you some phase 1 food soon.

As a quick starter - the pho broth is excellent, good for pouches, and high in Protein. I also mixed powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein into homemade Jello (we use Gelatin with pretty good results).