Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My NUT says only a certain amount for successful weight loss with the short window we have. And I want to maximize my tool hard core. I'm definitely being very strict with my intake. Have you ever tried any canned meats before? Just curious as to what to even look for when buying. Obviously nothing in an oil. And I wonder if it's just easier to pop chicken or something in crockpot, and cook all day till falling apart, yummy goodness happens. It'd be easier to Portion Control that's for sure.

yup

I tried canned chicken, in fact I've had 2 cans in my cabinet for months. (Shows how much I liked it). Do it in the crock pot... It's far more flavorful!

My NUT says only a certain amount for successful weight loss with the short window we have. And I want to maximize my tool hard core. I'm definitely being very strict with my intake. Have you ever tried any canned meats before? Just curious as to what to even look for when buying. Obviously nothing in an oil. And I wonder if it's just easier to pop chicken or something in crockpot, and cook all day till falling apart, yummy goodness happens. It'd be easier to Portion Control that's for sure.

yup

I tried canned chicken, in fact I've had 2 cans in my cabinet for months. (Shows how much I liked it). Do it in the crock pot... It's far more flavorful!

ok that's good to know. Sounds like it's gonna be crockpot type of night at my house ????

I just remembered a few more... pureed cauliflower with cheese, baked ricotta, & baked pumpkin custard. Search pinterest for bariatric diet purees and you'll get lots of good ideas!

I just remembered a few more... pureed cauliflower with cheese, baked ricotta, & baked pumpkin custard. Search pinterest for bariatric diet purees and you'll get lots of good ideas!

With the baked ricotta, we just can't have any crispy spots right? Or will it melt enough in our mouth, to not hurt new pouch? I also wonder if the pumpkin purée has to much sugar? Do they even make a sugar free version if yes? I'm trying my best to not dump.

Edited by Salonboi

Yes, I would skip the crunchy/crispy parts of the ricotta and the recipe I saw for the pumpkin puree' used splenda or truvia for sweetner.

With the baked ricotta, we just can't have any crispy spots right? Or will it melt enough in our mouth, to not hurt new pouch? I also wonder if the pumpkin purée has to much sugar? Do they even make a sugar free version if yes? I'm trying my best to not dump.

Edited by recordsmom

I had surgery 4/23. I'm on purée until Thursday. A LOT of these suggestions sound more like "soft" food phase to me. Purée should be baby food or apple sauce consistency so unless you are blending them or mashing them into what you would give a 6 month old baby you may be getting ahead of yourself.

As part of my visit with my dietician I was given a comprehensive book she put together regarding WLS.

Includes all surgery types, pre op post op all the stages of diet and menu planners and includes a vast array of recipes.< /p>

I have tried some in the pre op stage and love it, very simple and filling.

I had surgery 4/23. I'm on purée until Thursday. A LOT of these suggestions sound more like "soft" food phase to me. Purée should be baby food or apple sauce consistency so unless you are blending them or mashing them into what you would give a 6 month old baby you may be getting ahead of yourself.

My dietician tells me in the purée stage "if you can suck it through a large straw you can eat it" that is puréed enough

Good rule, the straw test, for pureed food.

As far as pumpkin in a can goes. That's unsweetened. You couldn't just dump it in a pie crust and call it pumpkin pie :) You have to add egg and sugar and spices....that's how I know it's not sweet.

Sweet Potatoes or yams would be good pureed. I think. I hope. My NUT just told me today buy baby food. Look at labels, it has to be pureed, not chunky, no pieces of anything in it. Even yogurt must be no fruit, only the blended kind. It's a lot to think about, but It's so nice to bounce ideas off each other here. I start my pre-op liquid diet today, I think I might want to stay off the food topic for awhile. LOL I have 10 days liquid before and 2 weeks after surgery, then pureed stage for 1-2 weeks, then soft diet for 2 weeks, and then....if I am up to it, real food. So this is going to be quite a journey.

Ohhhh and the person who mentioned corned beef hash. I could eat a whole can, and did, often. Nothing else, but I could eat the whole can. Life is about to change in huge ways for me.

Thanks for the input here, if I come across any good pureed ideas, I'll post them here. :)

Edited by carolm1965

Yes everything I'm making is definitely able to go through a straw. My deviled egg spread was yummy last night. And for lunch I did refried Beans and melted mozzarella on top. So good ????

I just started the puree stage yesterday, and I'm loving it! I'm just so happy I can actually eat food, even if it's all mushy!

My dietitian has us avoiding carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc. The only "meats" we are allowed are canned chicken and tuna. We can have chicken, but need to put it in the blender first (NO THANKS). Some foods we are allowed are Greek yogurt, sugar free applesauce, pureed fruits and veggies (without seeds), ricotta cheese, re-fried Beans, and cottage cheese. We can only have a 1/4 cup portion of these foods.

Here are some suggestions she gave us:

-cottage cheese with pureed fruit

-ricotta cheese with marina sauce and sprinkled parm cheese (had it last night--DELISH)

-cottage/ricotta cheese with cinnamon and splenda

Basically anything we eat at this point, needs to be a "baby food-like" consistency. I'm gonna boil some carrots tonight and mash them up with a little salt and pepper. I think my biggest issue is getting enough Protein. My dietitian requires us to get at least 60g of Protein everyday.

Keep up the good work everyone :D

I just started the puree stage yesterday, and I'm loving it! I'm just so happy I can actually eat food, even if it's all mushy!

My dietitian has us avoiding carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc. The only "meats" we are allowed are canned chicken and tuna. We can have chicken, but need to put it in the blender first (NO THANKS). Some foods we are allowed are Greek yogurt, sugar free applesauce, pureed fruits and veggies (without seeds), ricotta cheese, re-fried Beans, and cottage cheese. We can only have a 1/4 cup portion of these foods.

-ricotta cheese with marina sauce and sprinkled parm cheese (had it last night--DELISH)

Basically anything we eat at this point, needs to be a "baby food-like" consistency. I'm gonna boil some carrots tonight and mash them up with a little salt and pepper. I think my biggest issue is getting enough Protein. My dietitian requires us to get at least 60g of Protein everyday.

Do you run the cottage or ricotta cheese through the blender still? With it being soft already.

@@Salonboi no I just mush it up with a little more with a spoon.

Edited by kaseyw0od

@@Salonboi no I just mush it up with a little more with a spoon.

Ok thanks, I wondered how everyone did it lol.. I definitely am gonna try something delicious tonight ❤️