Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good evening everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all of the fabulous ladies out there ❤️????????????

Question, I'm starting purée stage Tuesday and am trying to prepare a menu for the week. What are some of your favorites that are a must try? I'd love to know!! Thanks in advance. I'm scouring Pinterest as we speak.

Me too! I start pureed foods on Wednesday and would love some ideas too! Especially for Proteins.

Thanks!

Me too! I start pureed foods on Wednesday and would love some ideas too! Especially for Proteins.

Thanks!

Well I guess we're on our own. Or nobody is on or near purée stage yet lol. What ideas have you come up with? I'm just pinning things on Pinterest, and hoping for the best. Anything not involving a Popsicle is gonna be better lol

I start puree's on Wednesday. Something's I plan on trying include:

Turkey meatballs, with Pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. (The meatballs I love are pre made, so I can grab one or two and leave the rest frozen)

tuna fish (this one seems weird to try without bread or crackers!)

chicken salad

Corned beef hash

eggs (oh how I miss eggs!)

chicken breast (maybe ground chicken?), with salsa, sour cream and cheese

And I'm making pulled pork sandwiches tonight for the family, it's a crock pot recipe. I'm gonna see if I can puree some of the meat with broth

I haven't had surgery yet but I'm trying to compile some ideas for this phase so I'd like to follow ???? @@dhrguru great ideas thanks for sharing!

I start puree's on Wednesday. Something's I plan on trying include:

Turkey meatballs, with Pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. (The meatballs I love are pre made, so I can grab one or two and leave the rest frozen)

tuna fish (this one seems weird to try without bread or crackers!)

chicken salad

Corned beef hash

eggs (oh how I miss eggs!)

chicken breast (maybe ground chicken?), with salsa, sour cream and cheese

And I'm making pulled pork sandwiches tonight for the family, it's a crock pot recipe. I'm gonna see if I can puree some of the meat with broth

Ooooo you have some great ideas!!!! And yes it seems weird with no bread and all, but definitely feels good to not need. And yes I've missed eggs so much to. I hope I'm not one of the few that develops and egg issue. And so soon out from surgery, is it ok to eat salsa? I thought things like salsa, pepper and other spices were a no-no? I love them all, so will be curious.

post-242829-14313519023034_thumb.jpg this was at bottom of surgery preparedness book

Edited by Salonboi

How strictly do you guys plan on following this?

I plan on making fresh salsa... Which is little more than, Tomato, lime juice, onion, cilantro.. I think that's it. I can forgo the spicy seasonings for now.

How strictly do you guys plan on following this?

I'm going to loosely follow, I need to follow the truths I know about me first... I have always been able to tolerate spices well, but understand the new pouch may handle it differently. I will try without first... Then slowly increase. I'm more worried about seeds from peppers than the peppers them self.

I didn't get any instructions that spoke specifically to gastric irritants. I saw my NUT and Surgeon on Friday and they both said coffee (caffeinated or not) is okay as long as I am tolerating it alright. I haven't really wanted much, but I mixed some with my Protein shake this morning at work.

As far as pureed foods... I had thought of corned beef hash, refried Beans with cheese, oatmeal (can't wait to get away from sweet Protein shakes for breakfast!), soft cooked eggs, applesauce, mashed sweet potatoes... that's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. , but I'm taking notes! :)

I plan on making fresh salsa... Which is little more than, Tomato, lime juice, onion, cilantro.. I think that's it. I can forgo the spicy seasonings for now.

I was thinking the same. And I've always had a very high tolerance with spices myself. I love things spicy.

The hash is a great, but there's potato in it. Do they make it without the potato?

And the egg is basically gonna be like deviled egg filling for me ???? with some Pickle Juice for tartness. Yummyness. I'm salivating as I type lol

I did read somewhere that relish type stuff doesn't blend enough for us this phase. That really sucks, because it'd be such a good way to moisturize foods.

Edited by Salonboi

The hash is a great, but there's potato in it. Do they make it without the potato?

And the egg is basically gonna be like deviled egg filling for me ???? with some pickle juice for tartness. Yummyness. I'm salivating as I type lol

I don't know if it comes without potato, but it's super high in Protein, so I'll deal with a little potato for right now if the trade off is Protein. I imagine I'll only be able to heat a few spoonfuls anyway. In the past I'd eat a 1/2 can, with eggs and a bagel!

My NUT is not totally against carbs but I do know I need to be sensible about them too.

My NUT says only a certain amount for successful weight loss with the short window we have. And I want to maximize my tool hard core. I'm definitely being very strict with my intake. Have you ever tried any canned meats before? Just curious as to what to even look for when buying. Obviously nothing in an oil. And I wonder if it's just easier to pop chicken or something in crockpot, and cook all day till falling apart, yummy goodness happens. It'd be easier to Portion Control that's for sure.

Edited by Salonboi