Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not anymore is a constant struggle that I don't like to deal with everyday :( so sad but I know it will get better but for right now is sad!

Sorry it's sad for you! It can get aggravating at times but you will get use to it. You just need to find something you enjoy more than eating to take your mind off of it!

I am two weeks post op, I used to love eating too now I can't even drink Water without having to spit it back out smh hopefully it gets better for you

I can appreciate this. I miss my old friend food. She (or is food a he?) comforted me when I was sad, gave me company when I felt alone, and occupied me for long nights spent watching TV and avoiding leaving my house. Fortunately, after you've made it through the first few weeks, you can enjoy food again except a few bites is all you'll need to be quite happy and satisfied without having to deal with the Portion Control problems of the past. Food and I are still tenuous friends- she tends to make me barf a lot and sometimes I really would much rather eat cake than cottage cheese, but in the end I would happily give up my old buddy junk food in exchange for my new pal healthy food every day.

You'll feel better soon...trust the process. :)

Four months out and I still miss the planning, thinking, eating, warm fuzzy I TEMPORARILY got from my food addiction. It wasn't just putting it in my mouth. It was a love/hate affair. A deadly affair.

It does get better. Now I spend more time feeling how my body moves better, faster, takes up less room. Easier to go up steps, get up from a chair. walk into a room and NOT feel like I take up the ENTIRE room. The best lately is in public close quarters.....I used to feel like I just didn't fit. That I couldn't walk between two tables in a restaurant (and I couldn't}, now I can move around so much better. It feels wonderful.

I can almost feel my hip bones. When I felt them at first I wondered "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT"! Some cancer or something. No..... just my hip bones. It's been a long time since I felt them.

Bottom-line....I feel my body more and now I think about that instead of what I'm going to eat and hate myself for eating it.

Hang in there! It is a loss.....suggest you feel the loss, recognize the changes, have a farewell party for how you used to eat, but find other things to occupy your thoughts and time. It's worth it.

Thank you all it helps to hear it gets better!! :)

I am 3 months post op, and my relationship with food has changed. I just don't care about it anymore. I eat small amounts of what I want, and leave it at that. I aim for high Protein, and lots of liquids. If I feel especially needy, I will have a little popcorn, it makes me feel like I had a treat. We have to learn how to look at food in more of an eat to live way, and less of a live to eat.

I hate eating now. I had a good day on Tuesday with no throwing up but yesterday I made myself a tiny piece of salmon and a half a can of asparagus and only ate about a quarter of it, then I spent the next hour in pain and vomiting. This is only my second week being able to eat soft foods and I hate it. I think I'm just going to drink Protein drinks for the rest of my life. I'm sure it will get better down the road but right now I don't want to eat.

I can't stand eating! I honestly have to think that food is fuel and my body needs it to survive, otherwise I wouldn't eat! Mentally it's different...Monday I was on the treadmill thinking Chipotle sounded so good. I went to Chipotle after the gym and still have most of it in my fridge. I get food cause it 'sounds' good but it never 'tastes' good. Does anyone else experience this? By the way I was sleeved 12/12/14 down 53.6 pounds.

Well, first of all I have to say congrats on 53 lb in 5 months. That is Awesome! I can totally relate to thinking something sounds good then not eating. Today I made this crockpot chicken fajitas that sounded so good. I ate maybe an ounce of chicken and a couple of pieces of bell pepper with sour cream. I could eat another bite. I told my husband he has leftovers tomorrow. I want to eat but after a few bites I can't eat anymore. I am only 4 weeks post op so I hope I can eventually eat a little more than that. I'm only averaging 550 calories a day and 300 of that is from Protein shakes. I am ordering more Protein powder tomorrow because without that I would die.

I certainly can relate. I am still making Dishes that are way too large and end up throwing most of it out. I get excited to try a new Recipe, and eat 3 or 4 bites and I am done. I am 4 Months out and hope it gets better.

Sherry, really? You are 4 months post op and still only eating 3 or 4 bites per meal? So are you still drinking Protein shakes? I'm ordering more today because I just ran out and there is no way with what little food I can eat that I can reach my Protein goal of 90 grams. I've actually never reached that goal. I average around 75 grams a day.

Sherry, really? You are 4 months post op and still only eating 3 or 4 bites per meal? So are you still drinking Protein shakes? I'm ordering more today because I just ran out and there is no way with what little food I can eat that I can reach my Protein goal of 90 grams. I've actually never reached that goal. I average around 75 grams a day.

Yes, only 3 or 4 bites and I usually feel nauseated for an hour or so. Protein Shakes give me "the runs" so I don't do them. I never reach my Protein Goals, but my Surgeon doesn't really push People to do so. I like losing the Weight, but sure don't get much satisfaction from food like I did before.

I am in the same boat...I am 5 months put and still eat very little, maybe 6-7 bites a meal, if I'm lucky! I'm never hungry and hate eating around others! I only started out at 232 before surgery and last time I weighed I was 178. I do still do at least 1 Protein Drink in the morning & try to do one in the evening as well. I also do an hour of cardio at the gym a day. post-243454-14317828111693_thumb.jpg

You look awesome. I have been doing 30 min a day but I do need to increase that. I started at 210 and am now 190 with a goal of 135. I guess I just better get used to not eating. I haven't been out eating with anyone except my husband, not sure I want to.