Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelings too weak to exercise

Hello All, I'm 5 weeks post op and I am struggling to exercise. Getting the Water and food in is rough for me, and I am struggling with daily.

My doctors and support group say just do it and I will feel better and gain energy. My brain is fighting that notion.

Can you please share your experiences around where I am at?

I was weak too and didn't exercise. I've lost 79 lbs now without it but when you feel better you should. Don't make yourself sick over it though. Pay close attention To what your eating.

It took a couple of months for me to get any energy.

Don't force yourself to do anything that you feel you shouldn't or that you feel might be detrimental to yourself. With that being said, you could try to just do five minutes of walking and see how you feel after that. It's not an all or nothing program. Little steps do add up and any movement that you're doing with your body is helpful.

I didn't start going to the gym and working out until about month five. I lost weight too without lots of exercise. I listened closely to my body and took it easy when I felt tired. I did try to get a little walking in each day. At about six months my energy level went up and I began to exercise seriously.

Right now just do what you can and focus on eating healthily, staying hydrated, resting when you need it. As you heal and slowly increase your exercise your energy will come back. Everyone is different. Good luck to you!!

I had my sleeve March 7 2015. I have lost 40 lbs. I went to work 1 month post op and I have no energy left at the end of the week. When do you start feeling better?

Thank goodness for this thread!

I was sleeved on 14th April so 4wks & 2days post opp.

I had a serious infection 1wk post opp & was rushed to hospital & stayed for a week.

I have zero energy, have a headache most days, feel nauseous all the time & struggling to eat anything.

I feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I was told to limit exercise until I was getting all my fluids, and Protein in. I was also told to stop when I felt tired.