Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! Bought to go 5K'n!

Well Fellas...I SURVIVED!!!! Let me be clear that I did a nice brisk walk/jog vs running! Lol!!! 54 minutes...but I got it done damn it!!! My daughter had a great time which is what I cared about most. Thanks for all the support because it was much needed! I think I'm ready for another one now that I've caught my breath!!!!

Congrats @ Bigboy76. Inspirational

post-251393-14316113474274_thumb.jpg

great work!

Thanks guys!!! Double bonus is it broke my stall too!!! Dropped 15 lbs with the HIIT I was doing to get ready for 5K!! Now I gotta go dig in the trash & get my scale back! Yep...it wouldn't move...and burning it wasn't working...LOL!!!!

Wow, congratulations! THAT’s what this journey is about! It’s not about the number on the scale (although dropping those 15 lbs. is pretty nice, too!). It’s not even about the improved health from dropping those pounds. It’s about the life you live BECAUSE of the health you gained and the pounds you lost…and you are taking advantage!

Way to go picking a 5k goal and finishing. Way to go making a memory that’ll last forever. Way to go making your daughter proud, and letting her know you’re there for her and she can count on you!

Now…have you chosen another goal to train for? A Memorial Day 5K with your daughter, maybe? :)

@Bigboy76f, congratulations on doing such an amazing thing for yourself and your daughter...the 5k and the surgery. I decided I needed to force myself to push the exercise. I signed up and paid for several 5ks over the next few months. I refuse to waste the money so I know I will push my walking...yes, I will be walking. I will only be 6 weeks post-op for the first one, but I have always hated running so can't see that ever happening. Walking a 5k is way better than sitting on the sidelines.

My one requirement as my adult daughter and I were looking for 5ks was that a t shirt was included. I wanted proof that I did it and when I entered I ordered smaller shirts for the ones that are over a month away.

Way to go, BB76. That is a high five for losing that much weight and an even bigger high five for being such a good Dad!!!

@@OregonTeacher, I used to hate running, even though I wished I could. I used to watch people running, and wanted to be them. Now I am one of them. I'm 5 month out, had my surgery on Dec 3rd. Give it time, the lbs will drop off, and you will be a new person, capable of doing anything you want to do.

I strongly recommend C25K, there are a few different ones in the app store, I used zenlabs, but I don't think it matters, just find something to help motivate yourself. You CAN do anything you put your mind to.

@@cube68, thank you so much for your kind and uplifting words...especially since I just realized I had stumbled into a Men's Only board. (I saw the thread title on the side and clicked into the thread). I had been curious about the fact that so many men had posted on this thread

Good luck!!!..did my 5k two weeks ago and i felt great!!!!

Got my 1st 5K tomorrow, running with my 9 year old daughter and Girls On The Run. Hopefully gonna make it. Spent Friday - Tuesday back in the hospital with abdominal pain. They did a good job of ruling out that out had anything to do with my vsg, but never gave me a real reason for why I have been in pain for the past week and a half. Following up with surgeon in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck Bro! I completely enjoyed first 5K and think it's about time for another!

Make sure Doc is good with the 5K (I'm sure u checked.) since you mentioned that ab pain. I don't think they have a shuttle as part of the 5K! Lol!!!

Enjoy!!